Is Rodgers All In?

Reaction score
Years ago I came to the conclusion that professional football fans do two things very effectively.

First, they turn gifted athletes into people that believe they're living gods, by heaping praise on them, demanding that the media hang on every word they say as if it was pearls of wisdom. They can do no evil.

Secondly, when the skills diminish, or a question of "loyalty" appears, they tear them down, like a statue made of clay. What was built must be destroyed, because the person has now failed to meet the expectations we've placed upon them.

It's human nature. We demand more of our athletes than we do of ourselves.
I just want my $2

Or in this case?

My 2 Back to back Superbowls will suffice!
I would even allow you snap me with #12 and #17 Jerseys. (Disclaimer:
1 snap per person please):eek:

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While believe it or not, I actually agree with the many of the points you said (in general) I stand by our creators golden rule. From those that are given much? Much more will be required. The parable of the talents speaks to this (talent being a metaphor for gifts)
And I totally agree with you. When you step into the light, you need to handle things properly. If you don't, you can expect to be criticized for not doing so.

No doubt Rodgers should adhere to those rules like anyone else. Did he fail to do so? Yes. He did. He should be criticized for not doing it.

But it should end there. The personal attacks against him, his love life, family involvement, have nothing to do with his playing the game.

As for whether or not he's giving it all he's got, I'm going to let the two straight MVP awards speak for themselves. Obviously someone thinks the guy is giving all he has on the field.

But, that's just my opinion.

Reaction score
And I totally agree with you. When you step into the light, you need to handle things properly. If you don't, you can expect to be criticized for not doing so.

No doubt Rodgers should adhere to those rules like anyone else. Did he fail to do so? Yes. He did. He should be criticized for not doing it.

But it should end there. The personal attacks against him, his love life, family involvement, have nothing to do with his playing the game.

As for whether or not he's giving it all he's got, I'm going to let the two straight MVP awards speak for themselves. Obviously someone thinks the guy is giving all he has on the field.

But, that's just my opinion.
We can’t attack his love life??
I didn’t know he had one! :whistling:

Oh! That was just uncalled for right there. That was just not right. I felt the spirit of Larry the cable guy pass through right there. Get ‘er done

PS.
He who laughs last, thinkest the slowest”

“When you’re feeling down on yourself, just remember that half of the people you know are below average”

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have had the honor of drinking beer with Larry in Northwestern Wisconsin. A nice guy, enjoys the hell out of life, and is not in the slightest bit pretentious about who, or what he is.

His wife was an old friend of my sister-in-law, so it came to pass that I met him through them.

It's been a while now, since we moved away from the Midwest. I heard they were selling their lake house up there. Sad to hear it. I know they both loved it on the lake.

Reaction score
I have had the honor of drinking beer with Larry in Northwestern Wisconsin. A nice guy, enjoys the hell out of life, and is not in the slightest bit pretentious about who, or what he is.

His wife was an old friend of my sister-in-law, so it came to pass that I met him through them.

It's been a while now, since we moved away from the Midwest. I heard they were selling their lake house up there. Sad to hear it. I know they both loved it on the lake.
That’s a nice story.. and it’s first hand which is a bonus! :coffee:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Rodgers is definitely all in with his first tattoo...quite the piece of art.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score

I can’t stand that tattoo. My Grandfather had tattoo neck to toes and I loved him dearly. However his were earned through the rigors of serving in 2 World Wars.
I’m not impressed and it appears he’s just doubled down on this whole enlightenment thing. I read it as a false religion until it’s properly paired with the one who created it. I hope he doesn’t go make a golden calf next.

Reaction score

I can’t stand that tattoo. Someone will twist that into I hate the guy, but I’ll just have to take that risk.
My Grandfather had tattoo neck to toes and I loved him dearly. However his were earned through the rigors of serving in 2 World Wars.
This one more appears that he’s just doubled down on this whole enlightenment thing. Aaron Rodgers and Tom Cruise are in a race to weird. Is it just possible that sometimes we try too hard?

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I can’t stand that tattoo. Someone will twist that into I hate the guy, but I’ll just have to take that risk.
My Grandfather had tattoo neck to toes and I loved him dearly. However his were earned through the rigors of serving in 2 World Wars.
This one more appears that he’s just doubled down on this whole enlightenment thing. Aaron Rodgers and Tom Cruise are in a race to weird. Is it just possible that sometimes we try too hard?
People get tattoos for different reasons and unless they are completely drunk and not thinking clearly, they choose a tattoo that speaks to them. In the case of Aaron's tattoo, he obviously put a crap load of thought and planning into it. I'm guessing it was drawn out and edited many times, before it landed on his forearm. If I saw that tattoo and one of a Packer helmet and asked "Which one is Aaron Rodgers new Tatt?" I would have picked the very detailed and in depth one, since I believe it totally represents his personality. I'm actually looking forward to hearing about all the things in his life that it encompasses. He's a complicated guy and really, I wouldn't expect much different from him with a tattoo.

OP
OP
McKnowledge

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People get tattoos for different reasons and unless they are completely drunk and not thinking clearly, they choose a tattoo that speaks to them. In the case of Aaron's tattoo, he obviously put a crap load of thought and planning into it. I'm guessing it was drawn out and edited many times, before it landed on his forearm. If I saw that tattoo and one of a Packer helmet and asked "Which one is Aaron Rodgers new Tatt?" I would have picked the very detailed and in depth one, since I believe it totally represents his personality. I'm actually looking forward to hearing about all the things in his life that it encompasses. He's a complicated guy and really, I wouldn't expect much different from him with a tattoo.

Well said. Also, these men are people with that go through life as we all do. Who are we to judge? Performance on the field...fair for judgment. However, off the field? Unless egregious or insidious in nature, I personally keep my thoughts to myself.

I understand now, it isn't just the game on field where athletes earn their wealth its also off the field. Its the mental and emotional games played day in and day out where the money is also earned. Its a russian doll of games within games within games.

Only in the past five years or so has Rodgers embraced who he is and is exploring that journey.

Most people go through life existing for others and never truly find themselves. I respect Rodgers for owning his life. I also encourage myself (daily) and implore others to be yourself (with moderation).

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have tattoos. I served in the military, and never found it to be something that interested me. A lot of my friends got them. Usually military related tats. But, I didn't want to deface my body to be honest. I thought I was already hot enough for the ladies. ;)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never been a tattoo guy either. Lots of my friends have them and they all signify different things. Some just for fun, some for friendship, some for kids, wive's, dogs, military, whatever they find significant. I certainly wouldn't expect Rodgers to get one like this

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so many people get tatoos these days, including women, it is incredible. It is kind of a fad that you can't take back. I have a Packer tatoo. shoulder

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
While I really don't care what people choose to have tattood on their own body, I do love looking at some of the "Tattoo Fails". Not in this article, but I once saw a guy at an outdoor musical festival, with a huge family portrait inked on his entire back. It was him, a woman and 2 kids. Must have been a bad breakup, because the woman's face was removed from the "picture".

Reaction score
At work they always say about me “He’s The nice one”. Seriously that’s not being sarcastic.
You’re definitely nicer than me Poker!

PS. I arbitrarily showed his tattoo to 2 other people I came across, I made sure at least one had a tattoo themselves to play fair (without divulging who got that one) and both got the strangest look on their face.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Well this looks familiar and I'm sure a part of the story behind Aaron's as well, same tattoo artist even .

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well this looks familiar and I'm sure a part of the story behind Aaron's as well, same tattoo artist even .

Said it a while ago.. He has relationship issues that MIGHT translate some to football

Family issues, then what I ( not anyone else persay) serious relationships seem to end suddenly.

Buys house with someone, then boom ended and all of a sudden engaged, then boom ended and now a new gf and similar tatts?

Just odd on how fast his personal life turns around so fast.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I've never been a tattoo guy either. Lots of my friends have them and they all signify different things. Some just for fun, some for friendship, some for kids, wive's, dogs, military, whatever they find significant. I certainly wouldn't expect Rodgers to get one like this

You`ve just got a nipple fixation.....pmsl

Reaction score
Hey. I wasn’t sure where to post this but it resonated with me. It has components of Aaron and in effort and commitment to various members of his team when he’s “off spotlight” I think God puts things in our paths for us to get better understanding of the truth (regardless if we want to listen for it)

It’s a short glimpse of the story of Johnny Jolly and his experience here in GB leading up to the Super Bowl Defense (he missed) and his comeback just afterwards. How Aaron Rodgers took up for him when he was at his lowest. It’s another piece of the Aaron Rodgers puzzle.

https://www.packers.com/video/packers-alumni-spotlight-johnny-jolly

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just another reason why I don't buy that teammates are ever turning on Rodgers. I think they have his back far more than we'll ever know. All these years later, who on this message board would have thought Rodgers and Jolly had that connection? Yet there it was all this time. I bet there's a lot of stories like that, ones that mostly exist between the players themselves and not the media or fans.

Reaction score
Just another reason why I don't buy that teammates are ever turning on Rodgers. I think they have his back far more than we'll ever know. All these years later, who on this message board would have thought Rodgers and Jolly had that connection? Yet there it was all this time. I bet there's a lot of stories like that, ones that mostly exist between the players themselves and not the media or fans.
Yeah. I think the media can offer some insight into players and as long as the media source is relatively reliable we can get accurate info. This was a media outlet conducting interviews and that’s an acceptable way of forming opinions.

I agree though. We have to be careful to gauge the quality and quantity of the source. These direct interviews with past players remove a large degree of the more common, sensationalism.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Hey. I wasn’t sure where to post this but it resonated with me. It has components of Aaron and in effort and commitment to various members of his team when he’s “off spotlight” I think God puts things in our paths for us to get better understanding of the truth (regardless if we want to listen for it)

It’s a short glimpse of the story of Johnny Jolly and his experience here in GB leading up to the Super Bowl Defense (he missed) and his comeback just afterwards. How Aaron Rodgers took up for him when he was at his lowest. It’s another piece of the Aaron Rodgers puzzle.

https://www.packers.com/video/packers-alumni-spotlight-johnny-jolly

Packers fans who believe Rodgers is a terrible teammate should watch that video. Unfortunately most of them won't as it doesn't fit their narrative and continue to prefer listening to Finley and Jennings to form their opinion about Rodgers.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts