1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Is Reggie McKenzie going to screw up our team?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Southpaw, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    Raiders fired Hue Jackson today and I'm guessing McKenzie being their new GM had a lot to do with this decision.

I hope he doesn't plan on stealing all our coaches and personnel.....but I have a feeling more changes to our team are going to take place. This sucks

2. Dan115

Dan115 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I am sure he will take a few.

3. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    I would bet at least the HC will be a current Packer. And he will probably take one or more guys from us for his staff. Unfortunately.

4. RandyM

RandyM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    The price of success

5. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    He can only take staff members from our team if he either upgrades their position (eg. makes Edgar Bennett his OC) or the Packers give their consent, or the coach in question is no longer under contract. But he's only going to be naming a HC. Usually the HC assembles his own staff.

6. PackFanNChiTown

PackFanNChiTown Bear Fan's Bane

Ratings:
    +368
    Sometimes change is good. We'll just have to trust that TT and MM can backfill those positions with equal or better people.

7. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    McKenzie may make some moves to take some Packer coaches that we may frown upon, yet I can see in a few years a great McCarthy coaching tree coming along.

8. PackFanNChiTown

Ratings:
    +368
    All the early indications point toward Reggie trying to bring fellow-former Raider Winston Moss along, Asst HC and ILB coach. The question is then, is losing Moss a big impact? I admit I don't know a lot about the man but after seeing the performance of the ILBs this year....Meh I just don't know.

9. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    Not worried. Just like the players.. next man up..

10. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Too bad they have nothing to trade for Flynn if we would franchise him

11. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    Nahhhhhh

Is he planning on screwing the Raiders?

Yep!

Even though I think it's wrong he fired Jackson after one season, he really screwed up all that trade for Carson Palmer to throw picks. Someone told me earlier "You're wrong, Palmer is going to prove that trade was worth it next year!" yeah you kidding me? Palmer threw 20 interceptions his last year with the Bengals, pour the excuses on for him to throw 2 or 3 INT's in every game for the Raiders this year. The Bengals look like geniuses right now smiling for all those draft picks they got to build a team around Dalton while the Raiders are stuck with a washed up quarterback.

12. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +298
    does that mean we are gonna see the raiders sign Matt Flynn? not sure if that suits him

13. Hype

Hype Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    rather see Flynn go to an AFC team then NFC team

14. PackFanNChiTown

Ratings:
    +368
    Jackson announced it was Mark Davis' decision to terminate him, not sure if Reggie was as involved or whatever.

I think he's going to do fine if he embraces TT's "build through the draft" mentality...