Is Lacy dancing around too much?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Really!! Wow, I wasn't counting, I was only counting the number of times Rodgers was not on his *** because of Bahktiari. Tausher was a RT. He wasn't the guy facing the premier pass rusher on the other teams D. Seriously, he's a second year guy picked in the 4th round. Give him a little more time before you expect perfection.
I'm sure you recall that Tauscher was a 7th round pick that started during his rookie season.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
Really!! Wow, I wasn't counting, I was only counting the number of times Rodgers was not on his *** because of Bahktiari. Tausher was a RT. He wasn't the guy facing the premier pass rusher on the other teams D. Seriously, he's a second year guy picked in the 4th round. Give him a little more time before you expect perfection.
I don't expect perfection. He's doing OK and barring injuries will get better. I was simply talking about penalties, of which he had two holding penalties against the Yikes.

7 holding penalties in 122 games is still MIGHTY impressive. Just sayin'...But your point is well taken about right side versus left side for a right handed QB.

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To really analyze a tackle's performance you also need to consider pressures and sacks. How do we know that the Bahktiari vs Pillsbury Doughboy stat means that Tauscher was better? Maybe he let the player get by and cream Favre or force him to scramble? I'd rather have a tackle take the penalty then let a 300 pounder crush Rodgers.

Stats can't be looked at in a vacuum

H

HardRightEdge

On the subject of dancing, what happened to the Packers celebration dances?
I guess Air-Run doesn't feel the need to run the ball in for a TD anymore since we have Lacy to do it for him.
I miss watching him put the belt on. Will he still do it? Has he done it this season yet?
And what happened to Clay and the predator pose after the sack? Are these guys like not doing this anymore?
What is up with that?
The "belt" was ruined when Rodgers hooked up with State Farm. It amounts to a commercial endorsement at this point. I couldn't say whether it's now still permissible on the field given it's endorsement value, but it would be tacky given how "discount double-check" took over it's meaning.

"Predator pose"? The defense needs to play better than this to be celebrating. If Brady is sacked in the red zone with time expiring I'm sure you'll see something.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

To really analyze a tackle's performance you also need to consider pressures and sacks. How do we know that the Bahktiari vs Pillsbury Doughboy stat means that Tauscher was better? Maybe he let the player get by and cream Favre or force him to scramble? I'd rather have a tackle take the penalty then let a 300 pounder crush Rodgers.

Stats can't be looked at in a vacuum
Right...stats can't be looked at in a vacuum. The stats people like to look at are sacks, hits, and hurries (the latter of dubious import) surrendered. The penalties are often overlooked, which is why I brought them up. There are LTs who limit both pressures and penalties. Bakh gives up quite a few when you add it all together.

Are we immensely thankful he's not Marshall Newhouse? Absolutely. Not post-injury Derek Sherrod? Certainly. Are we glad he's good enough to keep Bulaga on the right side where he belongs? I am. That doesn't make Bakh "good". More like adequate.

Latest posts