• Realease or trade

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Retire

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean the Packers won't be going to Super Bowls if Rodgers is gone, like they have been for the past 12 years? Ok.
After Rodgers is gone it may be a while before we are even a playoff team unless Love is better than we have witnessed so far. With Rodgers we at least have a chance to get into the dance and you gotta get in the playoffs first. I doubt if Love was our full time starter this season we would have had a shot at the #7 WC spot in week #17.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After Rodgers is gone it may be a while before we are even a playoff team unless Love is better than we have witnessed so far. With Rodgers we at least have a chance to get into the dance and you gotta get in the playoffs first. I doubt if Love was our full time starter this season we would have had a shot at the #7 WC spot in week #17.
We won't know till we try. And Love might have won a couple of those early games when Rodgers was hurt or just not playing well. Detroit for example.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
even if a team like the 49ers, who I don't think have the capital, but have a solid roster on offense and defense and would be a Brady to Tampa scenario with Rodgers, came calling. I still believe he'd rather retire a packer than play another year somewhere else. Now if this was 5 years ago and teams came calling and we actually were considering moving on, maybe. Because then there is time to establish and play it out.

But I think his 1 team legacy is very important to him, and i'm not sure there's much chance he'd go anywhere else. He'd just retire.
I question whether another team would come calling for AR because he will be a 40 year old QB with a hefty salary who probably will retire before his contract is up. What will probably happen is either Rodgers retires in March or returns to GB for one more season.

rdawsoniii

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is definitely true that it is better to make the playoffs than not.....but there have been too many gut punching playoff losses and blown opportunities for me.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
You know I heard this from another and I felt no way…but went back and looked at what Rodgers did in the wins and it wasn’t often I was blown away with what his stat line was.

Now sure that doesn’t blindly equal directly like that but I gotta think worst case Love wins 6 or 7 and guess what, gets us to the same number of playoff games Rodgers did.

It is time.
I view it much differently. If Love had been the starter from day 1 this season, imo we would have been running the ball more which was a problem in the first 10 games of the year. The offense would have looked entirely different imo.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I view it much differently. If Love had been the starter from day 1 this season, imo we would have been running the ball more which was a problem in the first 10 games of the year. The offense would have looked entirely different imo.

Never mind re-read. Gotcha

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Personally, I doubt if Love would have done any worse overall than Rodgers did. That one quarter he played against the Iggles was one of the best quarters of QB play we saw all season.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he's stupid. He sees the film. He knows what went wrong. Sometimes it's the other guy's fault and other times it's his fault. Whether he would admit it or not, he knows he's not player he needs to be at this point.
That's not what I said. I didn't say Rodgers doesn't see his mistakes in a given play while watching film. I said he doesn't see himself as the problem overall. I think he believes that coaching, the receivers, the online are THE PROBLEM.

Last edited:

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I doubt if Love would have done any worse overall than Rodgers did. That one quarter he played against the Iggles was one of the best quarters of QB play we saw all season.
Physically/throwing, I believe Love would have been better. Mostly because of the thumb. Decision making, running the offense and reading the defense, Love would be lacking.

Reaction score
I question whether another team would come calling for AR because he will be a 40 year old QB with a hefty salary who probably will retire before his contract is up. What will probably happen is either Rodgers retires in March or returns to GB for one more season.
Idk. We need to consider he has the wear of a 36 year old QB. But does an above average job of taking care of his body. He’s also such a good QB that even some regression for a couple years puts him in the top 50% of the league.
Anyone can retire or injure. That’s not a reason to avoid a good QB imo. He has no serious injury concerns and truthfully he could play for another 3-4 seasons if HE desires while you search for his successor.

It might be wise for another team to keep him in a year to year or short 2yr deal though. Imagine if the 49ers had him today, they’d be really dynamic.

Last edited:

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is one of my favorite athletes of all time, but I am completely DONE with him. I'm done with the slow-paced offense; I'm done with the play clock hitting zero every play; I'm done with his diminished accuracy and lack of accountability; I'm done with his diminished commitment. I'm done with perennially choking and walking off at Lambeau as playoff loser. It's OVER. The best stretch of QB play, by far, that we saw all year was from Jordan Love in Philadelphia. They drafted him, they sat him, now it's time to make a difficult awkward decision (similar to the one TT made with Favre and Rodgers). Yes, it is eerily similar to Favre's ending, right down to the INT. It's time.

It was always going to go this way. The ending is never pretty. Careers rarely end like Elway's.

You're right... its time.

However, there is no "clean" solution to this problem.

His contract is highly punitive to move in a trade and even worse if he were released.

The looming decision on Love is another element of crap mixed into this saga.

Still shocked over their performance on Sunday night.

Aside from players and coaches, I also think it's time for Gute to answer for the subsequent moves to draft Love. Its time for him to move on.

Most on this forum will probably want to keep him. Why? I have no clue.

This is a GM that spurred the whole philosophy/identity of his HC and devoted his entire tenure to acquiring defensive players.

There hasn't been a balance of player acquisition (offense and defense) the entire Gute/LaFleur regime.

I will forever question what if?

What if Gute kept the picks and drafted Tee Higgins instead of trading to draft Love?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was always going to go this way. The ending is never pretty. Careers rarely end like Elway's.

You're right... its time.

However, there is no "clean" solution to this problem.

His contract is highly punitive to move in a trade and even worse if he were released.

The looming decision on Love is another element of crap mixed into this saga.

Still shocked over their performance on Sunday night.

Aside from players and coaches, I also think it's time for Gute to answer for the subsequent moves to draft Love. Its time for him to move on.

Most on this forum will probably want to keep him. Why? I have no clue.

This is a GM that spurred the whole philosophy/identity of his HC and devoted his entire tenure to acquiring defensive players.

There hasn't been a balance of player acquisition (offense and defense) the entire Gute/LaFleur regime.

I will forever question what if?

What if Gute kept the picks and drafted Tee Higgins instead of trading to draft Love?
Majority of the poll on this very post you’re commenting on disagrees with your thinking most here would want to keep him.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's not what I said. I didn't say Rodgers doesn't see his mistakes in a given play while watching film. I said he doesn't see himself as the problem overall. I think he believes that coaching, the receivers, the online are THE PROBLEM.
Oh, I'm sure that's what he wants to believe. But again, I think deep down, even perhaps subconsciously, he knows his play is falling off, even if he'd never admit it even to himself.

rdawsoniii

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And why is that? Every team with an aging QB needs to plan for the future.
I remember many Packer fans who were upset when Rodgers was drafted.

The time to get the replacement for an aging QB is a couple of years BEFORE he retires, not right after!

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Look up bill Michael's show

He says... If Aaron wants to have input on players, then he needs to be at ota and mini camps.

Never thought of it that way

Milto21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should we just dump Rodgers even with the horrible cap issues?

He hasn't (he is the consistent Player) in last 11 years

Is it time?
Yes, we absolutely keep Rodgers unless we are acquiring Patrick Mahomes or Herbert. The alternative makes this question, not so smart.