Is Finley Unhappy?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCHickman24

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.totalpackers.com/2011/10...l-finley-*****ing-about-not-getting-the-ball/

What is the deal with this guy? Its all about "him" it seems like. I dont see this guy in the plans next year, unfortunately. Thoughts??

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been saying it for his entire career: I don't care how talented the guy is, he's a locker room cancer. Considering the Packers have nobody else right now who they have to even try to censor, Finley is the one disruptive force that could manage to cause problems in the locker room.

He's a matchup nightmare, but he's also a PR nightmare. Packers have plenty of weapons, and frankly did even better on offense last year once he went down. I hope they don't resign him. Too much money, too much headache. Quarless and DJ Williams can fill in for him.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
Ugh, this is what I feared. Come on, Fin, you're an incredible player and you DON'T need to ruin your career and reputation by being an egomaniac. Our receiver core needs to invite him down to Jordy's ranch for a little character training.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Doesn't he have any strategy sense? The Packers did EXACTLY what needed to be done to remove those double teams. Does he think that other teams are going to double team him hard after the numbers Rodgers put up this past week? This was a message loud and clear to the league; "If you double one of our guys, we'll kill you with the others."

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
This was a message loud and clear to the league; "If you double one of our guys, we'll kill you with the others."

Exactly. Finley had 3 touchdowns versus the Bears, you spoke too loud now every team wants to cover him. Megatron can get away with it because its the Lions, and teams are just starting to focus on them. The Packers are the King of the Hill right now and there are several reasons for it, unselfish receivers are part of it. If you want the ball more get open and do something amazing with it.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
He's a talent and he knows it. He just hasn't figured out how to express himself without sounding like an ***. He's no threat to this locker room. The rest of the posse will set him right. He is right though. We can't allow them to take away our biggest red zone weapon. I don't like to see Rodgers run. Makes me very nervous.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'm still searching for where he said anything bad... ???

All he says basically is lets find ways to beat double teams.

He didn't say anything really bad. He just demonstrated a lack of understanding. He should understand that the way to beat the double teams is by throwing the ball where they ain't. Sooner or later they have to go where the ball is going. Then they'll let up on him and he'll torch them. With this receiving corps its a win win win win situation. If I was a defensive coordinator I'd concentrate on pressuring Rodgers, because double teams won't cut it.

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score

My thoughts as well. It wouldn't hurt to devise a way to get him the ball in double coverage, so that Rodgers isn't having to scramble and get sacked or go for a run and potentially get hit.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We all know he has no filter on his mouth, and doesn't say things the "right" way. But I don't think he meant any harm, nor did I see any "b*tching", as the title suggests in the article.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree.
Seems like it's one of those "The emperor isn't wearing any clothes" types of things.
Finley says something and a blogger thinks it's bad and now so does everyone else.
Besides, I don't blame Finley.
I'd be frustrated to if I was running all over the place and not getting the ball thrown in my direction as well.
I don't see it as being selfish. I see it as being frustrated.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Locker Room cancer? LOL This team loves #88, Arod, Jennings, Woodson have all said good things about him, his ability, and his character. Its not like he went to ESPN and said, "They need to throw me the ball more, plain and simple. I am unhappy and no longer feel good about being here." He wants to be better every week, and going from 3tds to 3 catches for 28 yds is definitely not better. Add that in to any players competitive nature and they are going to want to figure out something to change that.

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We won without him once.....
Lets use him this season to get another title....
At the end of the season Franchise Tag him (aka.. Corey Williams.)
Then trade him for draft pics......

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
To say he's a locker room cancer is complete asinine. If you hear stories that go on from guys outside the locker room from various media people and bloggers you'd know he's very fun, and very well liked by his teammates. Little things, like the one I just heard about him and I wanna say Josh Sitton horsing around.. Sitton goes to punch him and Finley breaks the fire extinguisher glass with his butt. You see the Bears game where Greg Jennings is the first over congratulating Finley yelling at him. You don't do that kind of stuff with those who you don't like.

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We won without him once.....
Lets use him this season to get another title....
At the end of the season Franchise Tag him (aka.. Corey Williams.)
Then trade him for draft pics......

I only mean this if he's a serious lockeroom problem...
It seems that JMike and ARod have a great relationship

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
How many Tight ends get 3 touchdowns in one game? Not just 3 touchdowns, he got ALL of Rodgers TD passes in the game vs Chicago.

I like him, he's an amazing talent, but he has no room to get there and ***** and whine about not getting the ball.

If you think about it, Finley "needing the ball" made Rodgers get picked off by Urlacher in that game.

You don't see Jennings, Driver, or Jordy Nelson saying negative things like this.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks to me like a writer trying to drum up some controversy. Here are Finley's comments that the reported referenced as him being pissed off:

“For sure, they took me out of the game,” Finley told Demovsky. “I don’t know what I came out with, but hopefully we can go back and dial something up for the double teams. We’ve got to have something for it.

“We’ll have to go back, not being selfish or nothing, but go back and dial up something so you can get your playmaker the ball in games like that when it’s close.”

He considers himself a playmaker and hopes the coaches can design plays to get him opportunities. I really don't see a problem. He didn't say 'they need to get me the ball' or anything like it.

I say this is blown way out of proportion.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Fins and I don't see him as a problem at all! He's an immense talent a huge weapon to our offense. I don't mind the fact that he speaks his mind, I kind of like to hear what he has to say. As long as the Packers themselves don't have a problem with, I don't have a problem with him either.

I honesty think some of you are making a much to do about nothing with this. No offense, but wait to he really causes a problem and then blast him to the skies. As long as he is scoring TDs, catching passes and is pretty much unbeatable in coverage, I'm going to be singing his praises.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why can't we all be behind all of the Packers 24/7 no matter what they say or do, as long as what they say or do isn't all that bad?
Mountains out of molehills here my friends. Mountains out of molehills.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why can't we all be behind all of the Packers 24/7 no matter what they say or do, as long as what they say or do isn't all that bad?
Mountains out of molehills here my friends. Mountains out of molehills.

You reading my mind? I was about to post "mountains out of molehills" but at the last second decided on much to do about nothing. lol

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think Fin just has a lack of tact. He's young and speaks bluntly. I think he was more frustrated with the double-teams he was facing. He'll be fine.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Fin just has a lack of tact. He's young and speaks bluntly. I think he was more frustrated with the double-teams he was facing. He'll be fine.
Exactly. The kid has a little maturing to do for sure. He wants the ball. He does great things when he gets it. I don't see this affecting the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts