Is Deadspin a reliable source? They got a NASTY Brett Favre story

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
'Brett Favre Once Sent Me **** Shots': Not A Love Story

'Brett Favre Once Sent Me **** Shots': Not A Love Story

The history that deadspin was reporting.

Here's another reason Brett Favre should stay retired this time: Turns out The Daily Line's Jenn Sterger has kept a ridiculously disturbing (but HILARIOUS) secret about her interactions with The Gunslinger while they were both part of the Jets organization. For those who don't know (or forget) who Jenn Sterger is: formerly buxom Florida State Cowgirl who gained internet notoriety for being a buxom Florida State fan who parlayed that popularity into a full-time career. She did Maxim shoots. Playboy shoots. She wrote a "Confessions of a Cowgirl" column for Sports Illustrated. Then, in 2008, Ms. Sterger joined the Jets as an in-house sideline reporter. It was during that fateful time that her and Mr. Favre's paths began to cross. Sort of.
Last winter, close to the Super Bowl, Ms. Sterger and I were discussing a possible collaboration on the proposed "Deadspin Swimsuit Project," which turned into a conversation about the whole "athlete **** photo" phenomenon. She claimed that she's been on the receiving end of several of those types of cell phone interactions by drunk men, some of whom were professional athletes. We later had a phone conversation about who some of the more well-known ****-shot senders were. One person, she claimed, who was very into cell phone-donging her was none other than Brett Favre. Now, at one point in his career, this news wouldn't be too surprising. Favre's time in Green Bay is littered with stories about his boozing and carousing. But gray-haired Favre? Oh yeah, she said. Sterger said that Favre first began to call her early in the season and leave strange, friendly messages on her voicemail. She played me one of these voicemails over the phone. It was Brett turning on the Mississippi simpleton charm on his way to practice giving Jenn a friendly good ol' boy hello to a pretty lady. It was odd, but nothing incriminating. Then the phone calls from Brett started to turn weird.
Sterger claimed she spurned Favre's advances because he was married, but also because she was working for the Jets at the time she didn't think it was the best idea to start a torrid affair with the team's highest profile player (the Jets have not responded to a question about any knowledge of the Favre/Sterger saga at this time). Plus, if she went forward with how aggressive he was and how skeeved out she was to some of her superiors, she suspected she might lose her job. The interactions were flirty and strange but she didn't think there wasn't anything that made her too uncomfortable. But then, one night, Sterger received a picture on her phone which was so shocking that she just tossed it across the room. It was his ****. Brett Favre's ****. And it happened multiple times. In fact, Sterger claims that, in one of the photos Favre allegedly sent her, he's ************ — while wearing a pair of Crocs. In another photo, Favre is holding his ***** while wearing the wristwatch he wore during his first teary-eyed retirement press conference. You know, this one:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

But soon after Jenn told me this story, she balked about releasing the photos or voicemails she still had on her computer. They were still on her computer because they were fun to laugh at amongst friends, but she never planned to sell them or use them to bolster her profile. We invited her in into the Gawker Media lair many times to have a nice discussion about what we could do with the photos and how they could be presented and how she wouldn't look bad in the process if she just had fun with it. Alas, that didn't happen. When this Favre conversation first took place, Jenn started on Vs.' "The Daily Line" show so this wasn't the added publicity she wanted or need at the time. Plus, she really didn't want her name attached to this whatsoever. And I was told by her to keep my big mouth shut. Here's her email to me on February 15, 2010:
AND NOT A WORD OF THAT **** TO ANYONE.
I like ya AJ... and if there is a way to expose this dude for the creepy ****** he is WITHOUT me being attached to it in any way that is fine. I just want to make it clear I never met him, saw him, etc... because I don't roll that way. That way meaning old.. or married. Some big boobed hoes have morals and souls believe it or not..
I agreed, but still persisted because I'm a **** and it's an incredibly funny story, but one that didn't really hold any real weight unless she either gave us the A.) photos B.) voicemails C.) attached her name to it. She was reluctant to do so up until yesterday because I pressed her on it:
Okay, here's the deal:
I'm very close to running your Favre allegations today. I've spoken to the Jets about this. So let me know how you want to proceed, please. I'd prefer you were on the record about this stuff, but I understand if you don't want to be. However, I do have our email conversations we had and, frankly, that's enough to get this started.
Not trying to **** you over, but, there was no way I was going to sit on it forever, either.
So lemme know.

Her Blackberry was messed up, though. However, she did respond by saying she would (finally) go on the record with her tales of Favre's creepy cell phone stalking:

I can... as soon as I get this thing back and running.. or you could meet me in person on my way to studio in a few hours.

So I'm gonna say she's settled on C. There's no turning back now. But who knows? Jenn and I never connected yesterday, either in person or on the phone. Maybe those photos will surface at this point since I assume many people would like to hear her side of this story, given it's a helluva lot more interesting than any retirement rope-a-dopes.
And there's no real evidence that Favre's been horndoggin' it throughout the latter part of his NFL career. Maybe he was just lonely while he spent time in New York and sought some companionship with Sterger who, if you hadn't noticed, does resemble his wife, Deanna. One thing that is notable is this: it turns out that Brett watched last year's Super Bowl at home in Mississippi. He didn't watch it alone, however. According to one source, he watched the Saints miraculously defeat the Colts in the company of one special guest: Tiger Woods. I wonder what those guys talked about?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This belongs in nfl section..

Thanks for posting the entire story I just hd the link

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deadspin is usually pretty accurate.. That said, I'd like to see something more credible than this little blurb..

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This probably won't see the light of day on Burnt Fail's official website.
And if it does make it into the msg board, his worshippers will somehow put all the blame on the girl and deny that Burnt had anything to do with it and somehow make him the victim.
"She asked him for the photos!"
"It's all a croc!"
"I bet she led him on!"
"Photoshopped!"
Etc, etc.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BTW, this was too funny. From kissing Suzi Kolber:

Brett Favre Would Like You To See His Love Gun
JaysonAych says:
August 4th, 2010 at 8:24 pm Heygurl I godsumtin rillimportanta giveya sojuss siddown anlissen
Gurlya noweev nown eechothurr furra lownlown tam
Nowam reddy talayit onna lahn
Wow yahno iz weekten, anmah pantzare ondagroun
Gunna givyu summen soya nowutz hangindoun
Agiff rillspeshul, uh textahhad dacrop
Opunup datfiyal… itzma ****an sumcrocs!
Itzma ****an somecrocs! Ma**** andsum croczgurl….

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And, apparently, those HS kids got jealous of the whole text thing...

BTW, am I overdoing it, LT? Too inappropriate to the NFL section, should be posting on the smack area?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
And, apparently, those HS kids got jealous of the whole text thing...

BTW, am I overdoing it, LT? Too inappropriate to the NFL section, should be posting on the smack area?

I think its oky!!!

but here is your pic

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL that's ace!
Love it!

OK I am not a gay man so naked guys don't do anything for me.
Though I don't think that wearing only crocs would in any way be ****.
Now if it was a hot girl........
Naw.
Not even that.

Come to think of it, surprised the drama queen wasn't wearing high heels. :haha:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
here is a pretty good book about deadspin

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/God-Save-Fan-Hypocrites-Soul-Sucking/dp/0061351792/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1281111222&sr=8-2]Amazon.com: God Save the Fan: How Steroid Hypocrites, Soul-Sucking Suits, and a Worldwide Leader Not Named Bush Have Taken the Fun Out of Sports (9780061351792): Will Leitch: Books[/ame]

Members online

Latest posts