Insistant on Comparing

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Been reading a few post and am finding a theme running through many. Comparing Brett to A ROD.

It is pure stupidity to compare a 15 year veteran to a 2nd year QB who has five snaps in the live NFL. IT is apples and oranges folks.

Of course Brett is better more experience. Before I throw out Arod with the bath water lets see the kid play first. I remember the sentiment when Brett first started for GB.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, its moronic. Wait til A-Rod gets some playing time before you even attempt to compare the 2.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:
Been reading a few post and am finding a theme running through many. Comparing Brett to A ROD.

It is pure stupidity to compare a 15 year veteran to a 2nd year QB who has five snaps in the live NFL. IT is apples and oranges folks.

Of course Brett is better more experience. Before I throw out Arod with the bath water lets see the kid play first. I remember the sentiment when Brett first started for GB.

Amen!

I don't care if Brett takes until the day before training camp to announce his intentions. In the meantime Rodgers should get all the work anyway!

Think back everyone, who was ready to sh!^can Brett and play Mark Brunell around '94 or so. When Rodgers is the starting QB for Green Bay, he will definitely go through growing pains.

Mr. #4 has spoiled Packer fans for a long, long time! Maybe he has earned the right to take a wait see approach for this upcoming season. When we go back and look at some of the rosters the Packers had while Brett was our quarterback, we might find that the Packers had no business even being .500 yet alone being in the playoffs.

When Elway was ready to retire, Denver went out and bought themselves a defense and implement an offense to compliment Elway. Now in Favre's golden years the Packers have what exactly in place? I think we can all afford Brett some compasion while he makes up his mind. I'm sure he didn't enjoy the beat down he received last year, and it is only natural for him to want to be ensured that another season of hard shots isn't awaiting him again.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
There will never be another FAVre period. I mean i hope AROD can be half as good as Favre

Just can't see calling Aaron as Arod -- that's taken, over in Baseball.

I'd rather call him - Mr. Rodgers!

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will always end up with another QB as good or maybe better then Favre, he may not have the same playing style and it may take time but there will always be someone else.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"We will always end up with another QB as good or maybe better then Favre"

The scary thing is you really believe this don't you ?

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
about 75% of all threads posted on here in the last like three weeks are just unreadable--regardless of your opinion, pro-TT, pro-Favre, or just pissed off at everything (my stance), I can't see how you guys can keep coming on this board and arguing the same ******** stupid *** insults, wow i cannot wait for the draft

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
about 75% of all threads posted on here in the last like three weeks are just unreadable--regardless of your opinion, pro-TT, pro-Favre, or just pissed off at everything (my stance), I can't see how you guys can keep coming on this board and arguing the same ****** stupid *** insults, wow i cannot wait for the draft

Sorry you feel this way. Your user-namesake is a topic of some heated discussions :)

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
JavonWalker084 said:
about 75% of all threads posted on here in the last like three weeks are just unreadable--regardless of your opinion, pro-TT, pro-Favre, or just pissed off at everything (my stance), I can't see how you guys can keep coming on this board and arguing the same ****** stupid *** insults, wow i cannot wait for the draft

Sorry you feel this way. Your user-namesake is a topic of some heated discussions :)

this username is subject to change--as i think i've finally found a new signature, good call

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Yeah, its moronic. Wait til A-Rod gets some playing time before you even attempt to compare the 2.

After he does they'll be no comparison. We'll be comparing A-Rod to Boller and Harrington but that's it.. :D

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys wanna be a little positive please. HE hasnt had a chance to play and there is so much bashing on him.

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:
We will always end up with another QB as good or maybe better then Favre, he may not have the same playing style and it may take time but there will always be someone else.

Bart Starr was better. :D