1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Insistant on Comparing

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by JbShell, Apr 10, 2006.

1. JbShell

JbShell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Been reading a few post and am finding a theme running through many. Comparing Brett to A ROD.

It is pure stupidity to compare a 15 year veteran to a 2nd year QB who has five snaps in the live NFL. IT is apples and oranges folks.

Of course Brett is better more experience. Before I throw out Arod with the bath water lets see the kid play first. I remember the sentiment when Brett first started for GB.

2. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, its moronic. Wait til A-Rod gets some playing time before you even attempt to compare the 2.

3. DakotaT

DakotaT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Amen!

I don't care if Brett takes until the day before training camp to announce his intentions. In the meantime Rodgers should get all the work anyway!

Think back everyone, who was ready to sh!^can Brett and play Mark Brunell around '94 or so. When Rodgers is the starting QB for Green Bay, he will definitely go through growing pains.

Mr. #4 has spoiled Packer fans for a long, long time! Maybe he has earned the right to take a wait see approach for this upcoming season. When we go back and look at some of the rosters the Packers had while Brett was our quarterback, we might find that the Packers had no business even being .500 yet alone being in the playoffs.

When Elway was ready to retire, Denver went out and bought themselves a defense and implement an offense to compliment Elway. Now in Favre's golden years the Packers have what exactly in place? I think we can all afford Brett some compasion while he makes up his mind. I'm sure he didn't enjoy the beat down he received last year, and it is only natural for him to want to be ensured that another season of hard shots isn't awaiting him again.

4. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    There will never be another FAVre period. I mean i hope AROD can be half as good as Favre

5. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    More like watermelons and pine cones

6. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Just can't see calling Aaron as Arod -- that's taken, over in Baseball.

I'd rather call him - Mr. Rodgers!

7. JbShell

JbShell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    But whether we want to be in his neighborhood remains to be seen

8. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We will always end up with another QB as good or maybe better then Favre, he may not have the same playing style and it may take time but there will always be someone else.

9. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    "We will always end up with another QB as good or maybe better then Favre"

The scary thing is you really believe this don't you ?

10. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I hope this was posted as a joke. Yep, Favres are a dime a dozen

11. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    about 75% of all threads posted on here in the last like three weeks are just unreadable--regardless of your opinion, pro-TT, pro-Favre, or just pissed off at everything (my stance), I can't see how you guys can keep coming on this board and arguing the same god damn stupid *** insults, wow i cannot wait for the draft

12. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

Sorry you feel this way. Your user-namesake is a topic of some heated discussions :)

13. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    this username is subject to change--as i think i've finally found a new signature, good call

14. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    After he does they'll be no comparison. We'll be comparing A-Rod to Boller and Harrington but that's it.. :D

15. JbShell

JbShell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    How about we compare Rodgers to say Rodgers wait until he has played 5 or 6 years then maybe

16. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You guys wanna be a little positive please. HE hasnt had a chance to play and there is so much bashing on him.

17. PackerSacker54

PackerSacker54 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bart Starr was better. :D

18. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    YEh not quite