Injuries

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moore looked very steady back there. He may not be the break a huge one in any given kick, but he definitely looked the part of a return man.

Good decisions, fields the ball well, decisive. He’s our return man from here on out.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I forgot about him. I just want someone with more confidence than Amari back for punts.

With Cobb coming back, I think it might be time to shelf Amari's rookie season. I know some are going to call it a failed season, but gotta give him at least 1-2 more years.

I see the active WR groups on game day being:

DA, AL, MVS, RC, ESB and if they want a 6th on gameday, probably Winfree over AR. MVS is still listed as questionable, so that might effect Amari's gameday status.

I was surprised to see that Winfree is actually ahead of Amari in every offensive stat. Except fumbles, they have both fumbled twice and Winfree lost 1.

Snaps: (143-103).

Targets: (13-7)

Yards: (58-45)

First Downs: (5-2)

EDIT: Just realized that Moore is also a WR, so if he is active to return punts, he will also be a WR.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Every time I look at Amari on the field I ask myself; "What round did we draft him in?"
He definitely has been a disappointment (so far) for a 3rd rounder, especially given the competition on the team. I know some people were mad about the Packers trading for Cobb, that it would take a lot of snaps from Amari. I don't think anybody but Amari is responsible for taking snaps away from Amari.

Reaction score
If Cobb is back healthy, I expect him to be the punt returner. No time for a tentative rookie in single digit temperatures. Sure hands over a potential that hasn't been seen all season. Possibly leave AR8 off the 45.
Well we know Moore is back also. We have options. Cobb is one of the top 2 PR options so that’s not inconceivable. Might depend on MVS availability, if Cobb is our #2 WR they may protect him for his O role.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think Moore showed that he can do the job well...the only problem there is finding a spot for him on the gameday roster. I suppose you just swap him with Amari Rodgers

I believe the Packers could elevate Moore from the practice squad for Saturday's game without having to create a spot on the active roster for him.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe the Packers could elevate Moore from the practice squad for Saturday's game without having to create a spot on the active roster for him.

I think youre correct for the 53 or i guess 55 man roster because you can elevate 2 players the day prior to the game by 4pm eastern...but I was talking the 47/48 man game day active roster, you can have 48 but 8 must be o-linemen

There doesnt seem to be any rule that expands that to 50 players just the 53 to 55. Also important to note you can only do that twice in the season and I believe they already did it once with Moore against Detroit

D

Deleted member 6794

I think youre correct for the 53 or i guess 55 man roster because you can elevate 2 players the day prior to the game by 4pm eastern...but I was talking the 47/48 man game day active roster, you can have 48 but 8 must be o-linemen

There doesnt seem to be any rule that expands that to 50 players just the 53 to 55. Also important to note you can only do that twice in the season and I believe they already did it once with Moore against Detroit

It's true the Packers could only elevate Moore from the practice squad once during the postseason but at least there's a way for the game vs. the Niners without having to create a roster spot for him. I don't think there would be any issue activating him for game day as they could have Amari inactive if he's not supposed to return punts or kickoffs.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It just might be the Packers year, folks......

Whitney Mercilus has been designated to return and practiced today.

If Cobb is back healthy, I expect him to be the punt returner. No time for a tentative rookie in single digit temperatures. Sure hands over a potential that hasn't been seen all season. Possibly leave AR8 off the 45.

Amari should not be in uniform. Period.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Garoppolo, sprained shoulder? How's that going to play out in a cold Lambeau Field? A couple of pops putting him on the ground and he'll be throwing the ball a lot earlier, to avoid contact. It could translate into INTs, if the 49ers haven't modified their routes for quicker releases.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see this with 3 guys basically back from injury with only practice time. No real hitting. Probably Turner, Newman, Nijman plus 5 starters.

Yeah i havent looked but id imagine the packers have been dressing 8 offensive linemen every week

So you got the starters as...

Bakh Runyan Meyers Patrick Kelly

I can see that for sure, id say if Turner is healthy he bumps patrick or kelly to the bench

I cant remember if turner a better tackle than guard or vice versa i kinda thought he was a better guard but i could be mistaken

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah i havent looked but id imagine the packers have been dressing 8 offensive linemen every week

So you got the starters as...

Bakh Runyan Meyers Patrick Kelly

I can see that for sure, id say if Turner is healthy he bumps patrick or kelly to the bench

I cant remember if turner a better tackle than guard or vice versa i kinda thought he was a better guard but i could be mistaken
Turner was the starting RT until injury. I mixed him up and expect him to start in place of Kelly.

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's the status of K. Keke? Also do you guys see like me and think we might have some packages with three edge guys on the field at the same time? Gary or Preston down lineman and Z or Whitney on the edge with the other of two up guys. And for that matter the down lineman could be any of the 4........if Z and Whitney both play.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
The Packers didn't list Keke on yesterday's injury report so I guess he's ready to go.

It might be concerning that Bakhtiari wasn't able to practice yesterday though.
MLF was asked about that and he said it was of no concern. That it was simply load management. Bakh is going to play.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Za'Darius Smith and Whitney Mercilus officially activated off IR.

To make room, the Packers released Jack Heflin and Isaac Yiadom.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Za'Darius Smith and Whitney Mercilus officially activated off IR.

To make room, the Packers released Jack Heflin and Isaac Yiadom.
That means both are playing. Merc was a given, based on things we have heard. Z was a wait and see, but they wouldn't have cut guys just to activate him not to play in what could be the last of the season.

All the starters that were talked about being activated are, that is a great sign for who is playing tomorrow!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would expect Yiadom and Heflin both would clear waivers and one or both will be on our PS - I'd bet if just one it will be Heflin

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I would expect Yiadom and Heflin both would clear waivers and one or both will be on our PS - I'd bet if just one it will be Heflin
I can't imagine anyone really wanting Yiadom. But who knows, all the teams done for the season might be grabbing bodies off waivers like the Texans did with Keke.

Members online

Latest posts