Injuries

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
That means both are playing. Merc was a given, based on things we have heard. Z was a wait and see, but they wouldn't have cut guys just to activate him not to play in what could be the last of the season.

All the starters that were talked about being activated are, that is a great sign for who is playing tomorrow!
Remarkable to get this level of reinforcements at just the right time.

Talk about an enormous boost.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't imagine anyone really wanting Yiadom. But who knows, all the teams done for the season might be grabbing bodies off waivers like the Texans did with Keke.
Keke can start for some teams, Yiadom is a depth/ST candidate. He could be back as well, but I do expect both to clear and us to have the option to sign back.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Remarkable to get this level of reinforcements at just the right time.

Talk about an enormous boost.
It probably won't be talked a lot about, but I think some of this was intentional by Gute and MLF. The Packers were playing just fine/winning, but not at a high level, without these guys. In waiting, they all got more rehab time and not brought back too early.

I am most excited about Z Dog and Merc., how many players have the fresh legs that those 2 guys are going to have tomorrow? They are going to be revved up, as will the whole team if these guys start making plays.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is set to be a UFA after the season, so unless there are injuries tomorrow, I don't see the Packers even picking him back up.

Eh depends, it would be purely for depth insurance and his ST experience. I won't be shocked or care much either way

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From a personal side, sucks for Yiadom. Being on the roster for regular season and then cut a day before getting into your 1st playoff game.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
It probably won't be talked a lot about, but I think some of this was intentional by Gute and MLF. The Packers were playing just fine/winning, but not at a high level, without these guys. In waiting, they all got more rehab time and not brought back too early.

I am most excited about Z Dog and Merc., how many players have the fresh legs that those 2 guys are going to have tomorrow? They are going to be revved up, as will the whole team if these guys start making plays.
The arsenal of pass rushers is just ridiculous. You're adding those two guys to a group that already offers Gary, Preston, and Clark. We have some dudes that present some SERIOUS problems for opposing defenses.

SF better damn well hope they can run the ball because if they can't, Jimmy G is going to get smacked around routinely.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That means both are playing. Merc was a given, based on things we have heard. Z was a wait and see, but they wouldn't have cut guys just to activate him not to play in what could be the last of the season.

All the starters that were talked about being activated are, that is a great sign for who is playing tomorrow!
Not sure it’s a given that they play in this one. They had to be activated today or else they could not be at all. They could still be hoping to have them in the NFCCG if they get that far. But I am hopeful that you are correct.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Not sure it’s a given that they play in this one. They had to be activated today or else they could not be at all. They could still be hoping to have them in the NFCCG if they get that far. But I am hopeful that you are correct.
If they aren't playing today, why would the Packers have activated them yesterday and released the 2 players? I don't think either of them were close to hitting the 21 day window, maybe I am wrong on that? But if there was no plans to play them, and they weren't at the 21 day deadline, you wait until they are ready to play or hit the 21 days.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The arsenal of pass rushers is just ridiculous. You're adding those two guys to a group that already offers Gary, Preston, and Clark. We have some dudes that present some SERIOUS problems for opposing defenses.
Exactly. When was the last time the Packers had this kind of firepower on defense? If the 49'ers get behind and have to rely on the passing game, those 5 guys, plus Lowery and anyone else Barry decides to send, because he has Alexander, Stokes, Rasul, Amos and Savage in the secondary....look out. This defense is primed to really have a great game.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they aren't playing today, why would the Packers have activated them yesterday and released the 2 players? I don't think either of them were close to hitting the 21 day window, maybe I am wrong on that? But if there was no plans to play them, and they weren't at the 21 day deadline, you wait until they are ready to play or hit the 21 days.

You're correct, the Packers opened the 21 day window on Z.Smith january 12th...the window for Mercilus was opened 1 day later, january 13th

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. When was the last time the Packers had this kind of firepower on defense? If the 49'ers get behind and have to rely on the passing game, those 5 guys, plus Lowery and anyone else Barry decides to send, because he has Alexander, Stokes, Rasul, Amos and Savage in the secondary....look out. This defense is primed to really have a great game.

You’re even forgetting our highest graded CB this year King.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thats not true is it? Whoever's grades those are, have to be called into question...

im just hoping we dont see king on the field not even special teams...the team cant afford any major mental mistakes

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't subscribe to PFF....I see he has a 70.6 grade, but after that all the site info. is locked.

I know there is a lot of Kevin King hate with some Packer fans, but I'm not sorry we had him on the team this year.

Reaction score
I don't subscribe to PFF....I see he has a 70.6 grade, but after that all the site info. is locked.

I know there is a lot of Kevin King hate with some Packer fans, but I'm not sorry we had him on the team this year.
He actually was used from the Slot more than previously and seemed to thrive there. He seems good matched on a TE and playing closer to the LOS. We see him with success flying into the backfield on occasion and disrupting plays (moderately aggressive) He diagnoses well but just doesn’t have that long makeup speed. He plays slower than his 40 time in pads especially on longer routes.
He has some good qualities, but it’s up to Barry to put him in the correct position (hide his weaknesses) to succeed.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I apologize I forgot about Rasul graded better and I didn’t count Jaire given injury but he did as well.

Attachments

• 5E0773DB-AF26-4683-BCE8-8FF9B7901E2E.jpeg
    5E0773DB-AF26-4683-BCE8-8FF9B7901E2E.jpeg
    64.5 KB · Views: 69

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

if you have Kevin King and he is not one of your top 3 cornerbacks you have a really good group of cornerbacks.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Decent but you gotta have a better than decent nymber 3 cb to win the SB
And/or your MVP has got to not go 3 and out twice after turnovers and puke on multiple possessions 1st and goal… at some point this post season it’s going to be up to Rodgers to WIN us a football game. I do hope the guys coming back are ready to go. The guys let go to make room will be members of “the team” however far we go and deservedly so!!

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And/or your MVP has got to not go 3 and out twice after turnovers and puke on multiple possessions 1st and goal… at some point this post season it’s going to be up to Rodgers to WIN us a football game. I do hope the guys coming back are ready to go. The guys let go to make room will be members of “the team” however far we go and deservedly so!!

I called Rodgers out for that plenty however im still smart enough to know theyd never have been in that position in the first place had Rodgers not had an MVP season...

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I called Rodgers out for that plenty however im still smart enough to know theyd never have been in that position in the first place had Rodgers not had an MVP season...
It's also kind of tough when King/Pettine/Jones handed the Bucs 14 points.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts