Injuries

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The best guys should play or be active but what happens when you have 8 guys at 1 position who are all better than some 2nd and 3rd stringers at other positions. You need depth there too.

I'm sure it will be hard for some like Douglas or the O linemen who played so admirably to take on a reduced role but I think all these guys realize that they were playing because the starters got hurt and I think they will be professionals about it. Douglas has earned a share of the snaps but guys like Garvin and Galeai, even though they contributed, know their role.
That and while the Packers only have 3 games left to play this season, it's still next man up in the case of an injury.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm anxious to see how the Packers handle the rotations, now that they have more than a thin layer of starters that can deliver. It could be an exciting post-season.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did not picture Whitney being back….man I pray he is able because dude is HUNGRY

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Just the stock piling of "healthy players". Which was why they originally made it so that you could only bring back 1 or 2 guys. I agree with your rationale though, especially with the 17th game and potentially an 18th game. Baseball, Basketball and Hockey all have farm teams that they can stockpile guys in, if it happens a bit in Football, I really don't care. You still have the cap limit to keep teams honest.
If they can't return from IR until the post season, for example of one tweak, the team has to make it there without the player.
Now that would take a parting of the sea and a new world created in....3 days to have happen.
Reggie was declared out on Thursday with a torn hammie or some such thing, talked to God, and was playing on Sunday.

D

Deleted member 6794

Now they need to decide who gets culled from the 53 man roster to make room for them.

The Packers will need to release three players to make room for Cobb, Mercilus, Z and Patrick (currently on the COVID-19 list) before the divisional round.

I guess Shawn Davis, Jake Hanson and Jack Heflin might be guys in danger of getting cut because of it.

OR give him Crosby's job ;)

If the players returning from injured reserve perform up to potential in the playoffs I might be fine with Mercilus taking over for Crosby as we gonna crush every opponent anyway ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers will need to release three players to make room for Cobb, Mercilus, Z and Patrick (currently on the COVID-19 list) before the divisional round.

I guess Shawn Davis, Jake Hanson and Jack Heflin might be guys in danger of getting cut because of it.
I'd be perfectly OK with losing those guys.

And I figured out the multiple quote thing. It never occured to me.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be perfectly OK with losing those guys.

And I figured out the multiple quote thing. It never occured to me.

It seems in addtion to those 3 someone else will have to be released. Ty Summers was also activated off injured reserve...and id imagine they end up back on the practice squad in most cases...kind of a trickle down

Reaction score
Your not going to ask for at least an honorable mention?
Absolutely not! Although.. I felt like I was arguing with more persistent version of Dustin Hoffman in a version of Rainman! I even acted out like Tom Cruise at one point, it was stressful.. but beautiful
There is no way to beat that rainman. He’s too smart :roflmao:

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Poker you are the one that the line was for after your Princess Bride video clip.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
If Cobb is back healthy, I expect him to be the punt returner. No time for a tentative rookie in single digit temperatures. Sure hands over a potential that hasn't been seen all season. Possibly leave AR8 off the 45.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Cobb is back healthy, I expect him to be the punt returner. No time for a tentative rookie in single digit temperatures. Sure hands over a potential that hasn't been seen all season. Possibly leave AR8 off the 45.
Can’t say i’d be against that… but I doubt that it happens.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb isn't sure handed though, he did fumble a punt earlier this season.

D

Deleted member 6794

Cobb lost a fumble on the only punt return he was the returner for this season. I would prefer the Packers to use someone else in that role in the postseason.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb lost a fumble on the only punt return he was the returner for this season. I would prefer the Packers to use someone else in that role in the postseason.

I think Moore showed that he can do the job well...the only problem there is finding a spot for him on the gameday roster. I suppose you just swap him with Amari Rodgers

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I think Moore showed that he can do the job well...the only problem there is finding a spot for him on the gameday roster. I suppose you just swap him with Amari Rodgers
I was going to say the same thing. I liked what I saw out of Moore against the Vikings, of course, it was only 1 game and it is the special teams afterall.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I forgot about him. I just want someone with more confidence than Amari back for punts.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts