Injuries

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because he was activated off the reserve Covid list does that mean he is a full go, or does it mean he just is off the Covid list?
Don't think anything has been publicly announced since 12/15 when MLF thought he'd be back this season. He's got a week, yet, to rehab and strengthen before we'll get an update. MLF said he "could start practicing this week" but I think we'll just need to wait for updates on whether he can actually practice, and in what capacity.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If the Packer website is up to date, the only starters that have been talked about coming back, that are still on IR, are Cobb and Z-Dog. Fingers crossed that both are activated soon and are ready to play in the first playoff game.

Malik Taylor and Ty Summers are the only other 2 players that are still on IR that might be ready to play again. I doubt we see Taylor again, but maybe Summers for special teams.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think they're going to say much until the Wednesday before we play our first game. I think it's all pretty much based on the progress each player makes.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't think they're going to say much until the Wednesday before we play our first game. I think it's all pretty much based on the progress each player makes.
Yup and no real need to. Play by the league rules when it comes to reporting injuries. Why give the opponent anymore information than you have to.

I am still going to go under the assumption that the Packers medical and coaching staff have been playing it safe and most if not all of the guys that we have talked about coming back, will. There was absolutely no need to rush any of them back when the team is winning without them. Now......every game is sudden death.....all hands on deck!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Z Dog is practicing today! :)

Yes! Also Billy Turner was practicing!
As long as there are no setbacks these are “starting caliber” players who have missed multiple contests but who could suit up for our Divisional.

Billy Turner
David Bakhtiari
Josh Meyers
Randall Cobb
ZaDarius Smith
J’aire Alexander.

I can see where a guy like Bahk, who hadn't played in over a year, needs some slow ramping up of time spent playing. However a guy like Randall Cobb, who wasn't out all that long, might be ready to jump right in and play his normal amount of snaps (obviously less than Bahk's normal). Basically, there is no set "rule" and it really depends a lot on the injury, the time out and most importantly, the athlete and what they did during and after their injury to stay/get back in shape.
What came to mind to add your important variables is the size of the player. That in itself can slow or speed conditioning also.

Others are..
time in this system
Overall NFL experience

Josh Meyers is the only concern there, but he practiced and played enough live reps and has enough raw talent to pick right up where he left off.

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes! Also Billy Turner was practicing!
As long as there are no setbacks these are “starting caliber” players who have missed multiple contests but who could suit up for our Divisional.

Billy Turner
David Bakhtiari
Josh Meyers
Randall Cobb
ZaDarius Smith
J’aire Alexander.

What came to mind to add your important variables is the size of the player. That in itself can slow or speed conditioning also.

Others are..
time in this system
Overall NFL experience

Josh Meyers is the only concern there, but he practiced and played enough live reps and has enough raw talent to pick right up where he left off.
That's an impressive list of talent that hasn't been on the field due to injuries. It points out just how well the Packers stocked the shelves with backups, and how well the coaches have done with the talent they were given.

If these guys start working themselves onto the field, the Packers could be a juggernaut.

Reaction score
Any news on Jaire?

The only thing that seems to be an issue with J’aire is how many Corners can we play simultaneously!
Honestly this is too good to be true.
:tup::laugh:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Z was Tweeting that his legs felt great at practice today.
Just amazing how we have this arsenal of players back, meanwhile many other teams will be getting beat up this weekend.

The only starting caliber player I haven’t seen updates on is MVS and his back injury?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Also, people were making a big deal out of Bahk leaving the Lions game "winded". He was on a snap count, as was Myers, who came out 5 plays later. I saw a breakdown of some of Bahks snaps on The Rock Report, he was impressive and as Larry McCarren concluded, could gave gone longer if he had to.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, people were making a big deal out of Bahk leaving the Lions game "winded". He was on a snap count, as was Myers, who came out 5 plays later. I saw a breakdown of some of Bahks snaps on The Rock Report, he was impressive and as Larry McCarren concluded, could gave gone longer if he had to.
He'll be on a snap count for the next game too. Essentially all those returning will be in the same situation.

D

Deleted member 6794

That makes sense to me, but my only question is, how can all the starters be expected to be in game ready condition when the regular season starts each year, after playing in very few or no snaps in preseason? I don't remember an opening game where starters only played a quarter or a half due to not being in game shape.

The quality of football is significantly worse early in the season compared to the playoffs though.

Because he was activated off the reserve Covid list does that mean he is a full go, or does it mean he just is off the Covid list?

Turner is currently on the active roster. We'll have to wait until next week to figure out if he's able to return for the divisional round.

He'll be on a snap count for the next game too. Essentially all those returning will be in the same situation.

I fully expect Bakhtiari to play all snaps in the playoffs as long as he doesn't suffer a setback.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I would agree with that if it wasn't the playoffs. Of course, the team physician might have some say in it too. I think Bahk goes as long as Bahk can go and that might be the whole game. Each players situation will be different of course and will be very dependent on how well they stayed in shape during their time off. For instance, I would hope that Jaire was keeping his legs and cardio in great shape while his shoulder was healing. MLF and Barry may have a general idea on how long some of these guys can go, but that may all go out the window in the middle of a very competitive close game.

Reaction score
I would agree with that if it wasn't the playoffs. Of course, the team physician might have some say in it too. I think Bahk goes as long as Bahk can go and that might be the whole game. Each players situation will be different of course and will be very dependent on how well they stayed in shape during their time off. For instance, I would hope that Jaire was keeping his legs and cardio in great shape while his shoulder was healing. MLF and Barry may have a general idea on how long some of these guys can go, but that may all go out the window in the middle of a very competitive close game.
Anyone’s guess but I think you’ll see those guys get a series or two of rest, if needed, but he cleared to play an entire game if necessary. You don’t really want to be switching out a Center or really any OL middle of the game.
Part of that logic goes with the thinking that if they aren’t ready they aren’t ready. Those using Bak as an example need to understand that he is a 310lb man with a major ACL injury that was out over 1 year. That’s a far cry from J’aire playing a partial season and his 192lb body etc.. He and guys like Cobb are on the other side of the injury spectrum imo.

All that being said. There has got to be a psychological value to getting a half dozen starters back simultaneously. That’s super encouraging and I’m believing more n more that much of these activations were planned all along. We were in the playoffs already, we didn’t need to rush them.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Hard not to be excited about this defense with JA, Z and Merc. all coming back. This is the time of year when legs are tired, all your bumps and bruises have their own bumps and bruises and we could be getting some very fresh, eager and hungry players back.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder if the league will keep these rules going forward as Green Bay is potentially getting 4 starters and several top backups back for the playoffs. Maybe tweak them to run season ending through the season but refresh at the start of the post season.
Personally I like them as is now. Much like MLB's 15, 30, 90 day disabled lists. Or however the DL is counted.

Members online

Latest posts