Injuries

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In Bakhtiari's post-game interview, he stated that his "chest injury" was in fact broken ribs. That's a pretty quick turnaround on broken bones to be back in three weeks. He said that once the risk of further injury was gone, it was just a matter of pain management. Tough guy earning his bucks and drinking his beer...

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davante did not practice. Maybe his ankle is bothering him.

D

Deleted member 6794

Davante did not practice. Maybe his ankle is bothering him.

Actually Davante Adams was a limited participant in yesterday's practice. Montravius Adams, Tyler Ervin and Equanimeous St. Brown were the only ones not practicing at all.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually Davante Adams was a limited participant in yesterday's practice. Montravius Adams, Tyler Ervin and Equanimeous St. Brown were the only ones not practicing at all.

No EQ? Maybe injury reports aren't all bad news after all.

I'm joking of course. I was pulling for EQ from the start, still am obviously. I was a big fan of his Dad back in his prime. I was expecting a bit more by now though.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe when a packer player listed as dnp this season they dont play? I believe I heard that on wssp from Ryan wood

D

Deleted member 6794

Adams can afford not to practice.........So King and Alexander were full go?

Unfortunately Davante Adams didn't practice at all yesterday though. Here's the complete list for Thursday's practice:

Did Not Participate:
Davante Adams
Montravius Adams
Tyler Ervin
Marcedes Lewis

Limited Participation:
Ka'dar Hollman
Allen Lazard
Will Redmond
JK Scott
Equanimeous St. Brown
Robert Tonyan

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Adams can afford not to practice.........So King and Alexander were full go?

Both Alexander, who is in the last stages of concussion protocol, and King were full participants at yesterdays practice. It looks like we are getting closer to having Lazard back as well.

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Saw Jones, Scantling, Barnes and Sullivan were injured/limping last night. Any details out yet? What about Jenkins for the Steeler game? What is the initial injury situation on the Steelers looking like?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saw Jones, Scantling, Barnes and Sullivan were injured/limping last night. Any details out yet? What about Jenkins for the Steeler game? What is the initial injury situation on the Steelers looking like?

I fear from when and how he looked MVS could have a strained calf or hamstring...guy with his burners this could be bad news for all season depending on how bad.

Jones to me looked like a stinger or very mild ankle roll on the play that it happened.

Sullivan came back in after his injury.

Barnes is the one I'm most intently looking for news on...well besides Jenkins, but I assume Jenkins will be back personally.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I doubt we find out much until tomorrow at the earliest. Unless of course one of them suffered a major injury. Barnes I am guessing is in concussion protocol.

Surprised Adams was able to come back and play, thought he would be joining Barnes. Can't wait to hear the NFL explain that blown no-call as they level a fine on the guy who speared Davante.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt we find out much until tomorrow at the earliest. Unless of course one of them suffered a major injury. Barnes I am guessing is in concussion protocol.

Surprised Adams was able to come back and play, thought he would be joining Barnes. Can't wait to hear the NFL explain that blown no-call as they level a fine on the guy who speared Davante.

I don't see that hit as spearing or dirty...it one hundred percent fit the definition of a flag given the location of the hit, but not for one second did I think "that's a fine" or "*** dirty crap was that?"

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I fear from when and how he looked MVS could have a strained calf or hamstring...guy with his burners this could be bad news for all season depending on how bad.

Jones to me looked like a stinger or very mild ankle roll on the play that it happened.

Sullivan came back in after his injury.

Barnes is the one I'm most intently looking for news on...well besides Jenkins, but I assume Jenkins will be back personally.
Jones I think is leg or foot..he was limping

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also assume it was just mild or a stinger because he was in for the final drive AFTER it happened earlier.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I don't see that hit as spearing or dirty...it one hundred percent fit the definition of a flag given the location of the hit, but not for one second did I think "that's a fine" or "*** dirty crap was that?"
Watch it again.....I guess the NFL will tell us just how flagrant it was or wasn't.....I see a guy launching himself headfirst into Davante's head and neck area.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They played it a lot last night and my buddy a (49er fan) texted me the footage slowed down and he even believes it too be a touch worse than I did (he was a college TE though so he may be bias to protect catchers LOL).

Push our love for Davante aside, there is no launch IMO - his feet are nearly still on the ground when he hit him. I also see his shoulder make first contact. Again I am not saying it wasn't a flag for targeting, even a clean hit that contacts a WR's head is one hundred percent deserving of the call as the rule is written.

The crazy thing is the shoulder which hits first actually pile drives into Adams' chest first - which explains why Adams and others said his issue was never his head but his breathing. He was struggling to breathe in the moment.

Members online

Latest posts