In Ted I trust

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just wanted reaffirm my trust in Ted Thompson, the guy that brought a title to GB and put together a team that went on the 2nd longest winning streak in NFL history.

Things will be alright folks, this isnt a blow the team up, lets make desperate moves (cough eagles cough) its let Ted tinker with the team a little. We have a 5 year window to win championships, its not the end of an era only a point in between.

He will scout well, draft well, and negotiate well. Its what he does. Yes we will lose some talent on the coaching staff, we will also bring in new people with new ideas.

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers simply had a bad day and the Giants played better, had there been one or two different game-changing moments the outcome could have been reversed. Good luck to the Giants and their fans and hoping for a better season from our Pack next year. TT will not disappoint, and whatever it takes we will get that defense turned around next year. For all the trolls and haters, the Packers went 15-1 with arguably the worst defense the NFL has ever seen in terms of yards and points given up. Make some corrections, and imagine what this team can and will accomplish over the years.

Packers80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers simply had a bad day and the Giants played better, had there been one or two different game-changing moments the outcome could have been reversed. Good luck to the Giants and their fans and hoping for a better season from our Pack next year. TT will not disappoint, and whatever it takes we will get that defense turned around next year. For all the trolls and haters, the Packers went 15-1 with arguably the worst defense the NFL has ever seen in terms of yards and points given up. Make some corrections, and imagine what this team can and will accomplish over the years.
It's not even points given up, it was really just yards given up.

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not even points given up, it was really just yards given up.

Yeah checking the stats I suppose we weren't terribly horrendous with points given up, 359 on the season.. (that's a shade over 22 points per game) but compare that to a team like the Steelers who gave up only 13 points per game and we certainly have our work cut out for us.

When all is said and done there has never been a perfect team in the league (well, except the 72 Dolphins but they don't count in this era), every team has its achilles heel whether it's not having a prolific offense, not having a stout defense, not having a strong running game etc etc.. some teams out there are downright terrible. The fact is despite our porous pass rush that enabled teams to mangle our secondary, we still had a super bowl caliber team.

Let's hope we find some pass rush next year, and that Nick Collins is healthy enough to return to doing what he does best.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they were 19th in the league in points given up. If we were to take away week 17 from everyone I believe they were 12th.

RazorRamon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT has invested in heavily majority defense over the years. Brought in Dom Capers. Drafted Matthews and Raji in the same 1st round. Brought in Charles Woodson.

I mean...defense is literally all they focus on. Rodgers is the only 1st round offensive SKILL position drafted in first round since Javon Walker in 2002.

Nelson was not a first rounder.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT has invested in heavily majority defense over the years. Brought in Dom Capers. Drafted Matthews and Raji in the same 1st round. Brought in Charles Woodson.

I mean...defense is literally all they focus on. Rodgers is the only 1st round offensive SKILL position drafted in first round since Javon Walker in 2002.

Nelson was not a first rounder.

Your comment is just as idiotic as your avatar, and frankly, you're making our board dumber. All they focus on is defense? Seriously, where do you get this nonsense? If you knew anything about the Packers, you'd know they focused a TON on offense in the past draft and spent their first round picks in both last year's and the previous years draft on offensive line.

And you don't need to trade up in the draft to find a solid playmakers at the offensive skill positions. Greg Jennings is easily one of the top 10 receivers in the league and Jordy Nelson is quickly on the rise.

Please, take your ignorance to a Vikings or Bears forum. It's more your speed.

RazorRamon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again...when's the last time they drafted a marquee receiver or running back? Previous decades.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to take anyone serious when they have Razor Ramon as their avatar, but I digress; When's the last time they won the Super Bowl or posted the best record in the NFL?

Oh, that's right- Last year and this year. Without your supposed "Marquee receiver or running back."

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its hard to take anyone serious when they have an agenda. An agenda that conflicts with simple common sense. Perhaps a Bears fan hoping to revive the old anti-TT crowd?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its hard to take anyone serious when they have an agenda. An agenda that conflicts with simple common sense. Perhaps a Bears fan hoping to revive the old anti-TT crowd?

Or a jealous Vikings fan who's bitter they blew their shot and are resigned to mediocrity for a few more years.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That argument is meaningless Razor. Same with defensive "skill" players. Who was the last d back we took in the 1st? Ahmad Carrol? That couldn't have been more than a year or two after Javon.

L

Lunchboxer

That argument is meaningless Razor. Same with defensive "skill" players. Who was the last d back we took in the 1st? Ahmad Carrol? That couldn't have been more than a year or two after Javon.

Ahmad Carrol whos that?:confused:

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Defense is “literally” all they focus on? By my count in 7 drafts Thompson has exercised 68 picks. 38 of those picks play offense, 29 play defense and one is the PK. While Rodgers is the only skill player picked in the first round, Jennings and Nelson are first round talents picked in the second round IMO. Would you have been happier if Thompson hadn’t traded down and selected Nelson in the first round? In his seven drafts, Thompson has selected 25 players in the first three rounds and 14 of those players play offense. So about 56% of all of his picks play offense and 56% of the players he’s picked in the first three rounds play offense. Yes, he acquired Woodson and Pickett as UFAs and brought in Capers. But he also hired an OC as the HC and acquired Grant via trade. So to say “defense is literally all they focus on” is just plain wrong. Literally.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defense is “literally” all they focus on? By my count in 7 drafts Thompson has exercised 68 picks. 38 of those picks play offense, 29 play defense and one is the PK. While Rodgers is the only skill player picked in the first round, Jennings and Nelson are first round talents picked in the second round IMO. Would you have been happier if Thompson hadn’t traded down and selected Nelson in the first round? In his seven drafts, Thompson has selected 25 players in the first three rounds and 14 of those players play offense. So about 56% of all of his picks play offense and 56% of the players he’s picked in the first three rounds play offense. Yes, he acquired Woodson and Pickett as UFAs and brought in Capers. But he also hired an OC as the HC and acquired Grant via trade. So to say “defense is literally all they focus on” is just plain wrong. Literally.
A player is only good if he is taken in the first round. The higher a player is taken the better they are. TT is so stupid he keeps a 7th round Flynn piece of crap and lets go a great 2nd rounder by the name of Brohm. I know what you are thinking, Flynn threw for 480 yards and 5 TDs in his last start. Can you imagine if it was Brohm, a high pick? 900 yards and 12 TDs at least!

RazorRamon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most of the big money has gone towards defense. Matthews and Raji in one year. Would NEVER happen for a skill position.
TT treats offense like a crapshoot...pick enough unknown guys, stay under salary cap, considering they are eligible to play pro...a few have to be good. It's actually a somewhat flamboyant method.

Then all the dummies in GB think he is a genius.

It would take Rodgers to publically announce he wants another receiver to ever get a marquee receiver. If you read through the lines of what Rodgers has been saying lately, you can tell there is a lot of disappointment. He hasn't outright said it, but you can see the anger when they drop balls any pro should catch..over and over again.

RazorRamon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to take anyone serious when they have Razor Ramon as their avatar, but I digress; When's the last time they won the Super Bowl or posted the best record in the NFL?

Oh, that's right- Last year and this year. Without your supposed "Marquee receiver or running back."
Do you normally preface lines with "oh" when trying to make some impact statement..Are you Paul Bearer? Ohhhhhhhh yesss my undertaker.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
If Thompson treats the offense like a crapshoot, perhaps he should treat the defense likewise since the Packers were in the top two or three teams in scoring this season (taking away the defensive TDs) and 19th in scoring defense. They were the top two or three teams in yardage gained and dead last in yardage surrendered. If you’re purposefully posting foolishness for fun, you must be having all kinds of it. If you’re serious and you look at the 2011 Packers season and determine the problem was mainly on offense, you are ignoring reality: It’s foolish on its face.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Razor Ramon, on some level I actually find your antics funny, but I have a very twisted sense of humor so I'm probably one of the few on this forum who feels that way. But, I have to warn you, trolls have a very short life span on this forum, our swords are sharp and quick. So, chico, if your intentions are to troll, you will find your stay here short. I personally cannot refute ALL that you are saying and that you are not raising some good questions, but I get the feeling your intentions are otherwise. Just a fair warning, not an official one. You also might be able to contribute much of value to this forum, you obviously possess knowledge of football, all I'm saying is trolling will NOT be tolerated. Keep that toothpick in your mouth, chico.

Lets try and get this thread back on track.

I also still have tremendous faith in TT. Not winning the Superbowl after having such a tremendous year hurts but it does not shake my faith in TT, our coaches and our players. We still have an incredible team and a lot to hope for in the future.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts