I'm ready for tonight!!

Ketchup

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikeman said:
JenningsLongCatch said:
Quoted: "And from talking to Minnesota players in the locker room Wednesday, I don't think many of them are expecting the Bears to lose to Houston, anyway. Defensive end Jared Allen said he doesn't care if the Vikings "back in or sidestep in" to the playoffs, but receiver Bobby Wade expressed a majority opinion."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

no such thing as backing into the playoffs...and I'll stand by my statement. You win the division because you deserve it. You beat the right opponents and mustered enough wins to put yourself there.

If a team starts out 9-0 and lose the next 7 and only get in due to other teams in the division stinking it up...that 9-7 team deserves to be in the playoffs.

The Packers didn't back in 2003 when the Vikes lead the division the entire year and blew it on a hail mary...even with the Broncos refusing to start their starters because they were locked in. The Pack finished with a better record 10-6 Vikes 9-7. Hence the Packers deserved the division.

No such thing as backing in.
I agree with Vikeman here. The term backing in is pretty dumb. If you have the better record you get in, if not you stay home. If the Vikings happen to end the season with a lose and still get in its because they have the better record which means they deserve to go. Period.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ketchup said:
Vikeman said:
JenningsLongCatch said:
Quoted: "And from talking to Minnesota players in the locker room Wednesday, I don't think many of them are expecting the Bears to lose to Houston, anyway. Defensive end Jared Allen said he doesn't care if the Vikings "back in or sidestep in" to the playoffs, but receiver Bobby Wade expressed a majority opinion."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

no such thing as backing into the playoffs...and I'll stand by my statement. You win the division because you deserve it. You beat the right opponents and mustered enough wins to put yourself there.

If a team starts out 9-0 and lose the next 7 and only get in due to other teams in the division stinking it up...that 9-7 team deserves to be in the playoffs.

The Packers didn't back in 2003 when the Vikes lead the division the entire year and blew it on a hail mary...even with the Broncos refusing to start their starters because they were locked in. The Pack finished with a better record 10-6 Vikes 9-7. Hence the Packers deserved the division.

No such thing as backing in.
I agree with Vikeman here. The term backing in is pretty dumb. If you have the better record you get in, if not you stay home. If the Vikings happen to end the season with a lose and still get in its because they have the better record which means they deserve to go. Period.

I guess it doesn't mean anything now since the Vikes won.... but there is such a thing as backing in!

Members online

Latest posts