I'm ready for tonight!!

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JenningsLongCatch said:
where'd my post go?

Is pointing out the fact that the Vikings are going to have to back into the playoffs because they play the NY Giants next week not a thing that could be said? Everybody does realize the Giants aren't going to rest their players and are the best team in the NFL, right?

V

Vikeman

JenningsLongCatch said:
JenningsLongCatch said:
where'd my post go?

Is pointing out the fact that the Vikings are going to have to back into the playoffs because they play the NY Giants next week not a thing that could be said? Everybody does realize the Giants aren't going to rest their players and are the best team in the NFL, right?

The Vikings are not backing into the playoffs. They are 5-1 in their last 6 games...if that's backing in then every team in the NFL has been guilty of it. By the way we lead the NFC North...we have since we throttled the Bears at home. If any team is backing in it's the Bears. Moving up through a lucky win against the Pack and the Vikes playing horrible last Sunday.

So again...how are the Vikings backing in when they lead the NFC North?

V

Vikeman

And just to clarify for you since I don't think it's registering in your head. Backing into the playoffs is being on a losing streak,playing horribly and only getting in due to the misfortunes of other teams. Being that the Vikings are 5-1 the past 6 games and control their own destiny how are we backing in?....I can't wait for a response...I really can't.

DoubleC4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikeman said:
And just to clarify for you since I don't think it's registering in your head. Backing into the playoffs is being on a losing streak,playing horribly and only getting in due to the misfortunes of other teams. Being that the Vikings are 5-1 the past 6 games and control their own destiny how are we backing in?....I can't wait for a response...I really can't.

why are you in a packer forums site if your a viking fan? nothin better to do with your life? thats kinda sad dude

V

Vikeman

DoubleC4 said:
Vikeman said:

why are you in a packer forums site if your a viking fan? nothin better to do with your life? thats kinda sad dude

Let's see...I was invited here 5 years ago before you even knew it existed. Just like the many Packer fans which visit my favorite Vikings site on a regular basis. Are they sad too?

Again back to the point...can I get an answer to my question please...not childish responses which belong in the "smack forum"

DoubleC4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you guys got no qb your gonna get tossed in the playoffs anyone in the nfc north this year would have gotten beat first round.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikeman said:
JenningsLongCatch said:
JenningsLongCatch said:
where'd my post go?

The Vikings are not backing into the playoffs. They are 5-1 in their last 6 games...if that's backing in then every team in the NFL has been guilty of it. By the way we lead the NFC North...we have since we throttled the Bears at home. If any team is backing in it's the Bears. Moving up through a lucky win against the Pack and the Vikes playing horrible last Sunday.

So again...how are the Vikings backing in when they lead the NFC North?

Well, you "back into the playoffs" by having another team lose instead of winning... hence, if the Bears would have won tonight, the Vikes would have backed into the playoffs

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikeman said:
DoubleC4 said:
Vikeman said:

Let's see...I was invited here 5 years ago before you even knew it existed. Just like the many Packer fans which visit my favorite Vikings site on a regular basis. Are they sad too?

Again back to the point...can I get an answer to my question please...not childish responses which belong in the "smack forum"

Please see the above post

And just to clarify, I'm not "talking smack"... i'm just saying that the Vikes are going to have to back into the playoffs

V

Vikeman

What is wrong with you?...how does a team on a 5-1 tear, leads a division and controls their own destiny back into the playoffs? Think about what you are saying...it makes absolutely no sense. So if the Packers won tonight...then the Vikings beat the Giants did the Vikes still back in?

V

Vikeman

DoubleC4 said:
you guys got no qb your gonna get tossed in the playoffs anyone in the nfc north this year would have gotten beat first round.

nice misdirection

and I think everyone knows any team from the NFC North is a punching bag in the playoffs.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikeman said:
What is wrong with you?...how does a team on a 5-1 tear, leads a division and controls their own destiny back into the playoffs? Think about what you are saying...it makes absolutely no sense. So if the Packers won tonight...then the Vikings beat the Giants did the Vikes still back in?

No, if the Vikings beat the Giants, they win the division... If the Vikings lose to the Giants and the Bears lose to the Texans, the Vikings would back into the playoffs

The 5-1 tear or MVP season by AP DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH BACKING INTO THE PLAYOFFS... the term strictly covers how the Vikings get into the playoffs on Sunday

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just to clarify... the term means that a team loses to get into the playoffs instead of wins... If you need one win to get into the playoffs in your final two games, lose both games, and still make the playoffs, you backed in

V

Vikeman

Ok, you said we would "back in" prior to the completion of tonights game. So if the Pack would have won and the Vikes took the division tonight they would have "backed in" according to your logic.

That would mean even with the Vikings having a better record they "backed in". Doesn't make any sense.

Again how can a team with a better record back into something?...it's asinine

Now if we lose to the Giants and the Bears beat the Texans...do the Bears back in?...even though they deserved this pathetic division with a better record?

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikeman said:
Ok, you said we would "back in" prior to the completion of tonights game. So if the Pack would have won and the Vikes took the division tonight they would have "backed in" according to your logic.

That would mean even with the Vikings having a better record they "backed in". Doesn't make any sense.

Again how can a team with a better record back into something?...it's asinine

Now if we lose to the Giants and the Bears beat the Texans...do the Bears back in?...even though they deserved this pathetic division with a better record?

you're going off on a tangent here...

1) Yes, assuming the Vikings and Giants both played their starters for four quarters. We all know the Giants are going to destroy the Vikings on Sunday. The Giants won't be resting players and are the best team in the NFL. Therefore, the Vikings would have lost to get into the playoffs instead of won.

2) Naturally the team with the better record will make the playoffs. AGAIN, BACKING INTO THE PLAYOFFS MEANS YOU LOST INSTEAD OF WON. Now, if the Vikes beat the Giants this would not be backing in.

3) No. If the Giants beat the Vikings and the Bears WIN against the Texans, they do not back in because they WON to get into the playoffs instead of relying on another to lose

For the record here, I'm not knocking the Vikings. I am just pointing out that it is going to take a Bears loss for them to make the playoffs.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JenningsLongCatch said:
on that note, have a good night everyone... i'm out!

On that note, the debate on the Vikings and Bears does not belong in this thread. Vikeman was invited to join this forum years ago, and he will remain here as long as he wants to. And to answer your question/statement JenningsLongCatch, the Packers "backed" into the playoffs a few years ago if you remember correctly. If further comments on the Vikings are needed, put them where they belong- in Smack, or the NFL forum.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wischeez said:
JenningsLongCatch said:
on that note, have a good night everyone... i'm out!

On that note, the debate on the Vikings and Bears does not belong in this thread. Vikeman was invited to join this forum years ago, and he will remain here as long as he wants to. And to answer your question/statement JenningsLongCatch, the Packers "backed" into the playoffs a few years ago if you remember correctly. If further comments on the Vikings are needed, put them where they belong- in Smack, or the NFL forum.

Wis, I stated 14 posts ago that I am not talking smack.... I was just saying that the Packers had to win tonight because the Vikes had to back into the playoffs because they ain't going to beat the Giants... there is no smack involved, just my opinion on my playoff chances since losing to Atlanta

Thanks

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFC North is so bad, any team that wins it should be considered "backing into" the playoffs. :lol: On a side note, the Vikings will more than likely lose to the Giants and the Bears will probably lose to the Texans so the Vikings will be backing into the playoffs and get bounced in the first round unless they play Arizona. I'm just happy my Bears went over .500 this season beacause every rag tag magazine and most on here had us placing dead last in the division( I picked the Vikings to win it).

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerSacker54 said:
The NFC North is so bad, any team that wins it should be considered "backing into" the playoffs. :lol: On a side note, the Vikings will more than likely lose to the Giants and the Bears will probably lose to the Texans so the Vikings will be backing into the playoffs and get bounced in the first round unless they play Arizona. I'm just happy my Bears went over .500 this season beacause every rag tag magazine and most on here had us placing dead last in the division( I picked the Vikings to win it).

It is a pretty horrible division.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quoted: "And from talking to Minnesota players in the locker room Wednesday, I don't think many of them are expecting the Bears to lose to Houston, anyway. Defensive end Jared Allen said he doesn't care if the Vikings "back in or sidestep in" to the playoffs, but receiver Bobby Wade expressed a majority opinion."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

V

Vikeman

JenningsLongCatch said:
Quoted: "And from talking to Minnesota players in the locker room Wednesday, I don't think many of them are expecting the Bears to lose to Houston, anyway. Defensive end Jared Allen said he doesn't care if the Vikings "back in or sidestep in" to the playoffs, but receiver Bobby Wade expressed a majority opinion."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

no such thing as backing into the playoffs...and I'll stand by my statement. You win the division because you deserve it. You beat the right opponents and mustered enough wins to put yourself there.

If a team starts out 9-0 and lose the next 7 and only get in due to other teams in the division stinking it up...that 9-7 team deserves to be in the playoffs.

The Packers didn't back in 2003 when the Vikes lead the division the entire year and blew it on a hail mary...even with the Broncos refusing to start their starters because they were locked in. The Pack finished with a better record 10-6 Vikes 9-7. Hence the Packers deserved the division.

No such thing as backing in.

Members online

Latest posts