I'm calling my shot

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would definitely be tough for the Packers to win their last three games even with Rodgers returning considering the teams they face during that span currently have a combined record of 23-10.

Which is more likely?
The Hundley led packers win at home against Tampa and on the road against the Browns
Or
The Rodgers led packers win at Carolina, at home against the Vikings and on the road against Detroit

Id say it's more likely the former happens than the latter. Which is why I won't rule out a 10-6 finish id be betting against Rodgers wining 3 games when he needs to win 3 games to get in. And that doesn't seem like a good bet. Especially if the offense can keep protecting the ball while the defense continues to take it away. Put it like this the toughest game is the Vikings game and I don't think there's any way Rodgers loses that game he's gonna be mad for that one.

D

Deleted member 6794

Which is more likely?
The Hundley led packers win at home against Tampa and on the road against the Browns
Or
The Rodgers led packers win at Carolina, at home against the Vikings and on the road against Detroit

Id say it's more likely the former happens than the latter. Which is why I won't rule out a 10-6 finish id be betting against Rodgers wining 3 games when he needs to win 3 games to get in. And that doesn't seem like a good bet. Especially if the offense can keep protecting the ball while the defense continues to take it away. Put it like this the toughest game is the Vikings game and I don't think there's any way Rodgers loses that game he's gonna be mad for that one.

I think it's more likely that the Packers defeat the Buccaneers and Browns with Hundley starting at quarterback than the team winning at Carolina, vs. Minnesota and at Detroit with a rusty Rodgers coming off an eight week layoff.

It seems that a lot of fans forget that #12 didn't perform on his normal level returning from the broken collarbone he suffered to his non-throwing shoulder in 2013. It's unrealistic to expect him to step in and immediately light it up against two top 10 scoring defenses after the injury happened on his throwing arm this time around.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's more likely that the Packers defeat the Buccaneers and Browns with Hundley starting at quarterback than the team winning at Carolina, vs. Minnesota and at Detroit with a rusty Rodgers coming off an eight week layoff.

It seems that a lot of fans forget that #12 didn't perform on his normal level returning from the broken collarbone he suffered to his non-throwing shoulder in 2013. It's unrealistic to expect him to step in and immediately light it up against two top 10 scoring defenses after the injury happened on his throwing arm this time around.

I agree. I'm just saying when we have more faith in Hundley to win two games in a row than Rodgers to win 3 in a row that's actually a good thing cuz it means there's a shot. First Hundleys gotta win these 2 and I think he does as long as he just throws the ball quicker instead of holding it til he gets sacked. He reverted back to that on the series Crosby missed the fg, had he not taken 2 bad sacks. It's a 48 yard attempt instead of 57

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree. I'm just saying when we have more faith in Hundley to win two games in a row than Rodgers to win 3 in a row that's actually a good thing cuz it means there's a shot. First Hundleys gotta win these 2 and I think he does as long as he just throws the ball quicker instead of holding it til he gets sacked. He reverted back to that on the series Crosby missed the fg, had he not taken 2 bad sacks. It's a 48 yard attempt instead of 57

The Buccaneers and Browns having a combined record of 4-18 is the only reason I have more faith in the Packers winning the next two games though. As I've mentioned before it's unrealistic to expect a rusty Rodgers leading the team to three consecutive wins against opponents that have a combined record of 23-10.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Buccaneers and Browns having a combined record of 4-18 is the only reason I have more faith in the Packers winning the next two games though. As I've mentioned before it's unrealistic to expect a rusty Rodgers leading the team to three consecutive wins against opponents that have a combined record of 23-10.

In a way I think it might be unrealistic to expect a non rusty Rodgers to win those three games with this team.

D

Deleted member 6794

In a way I think it might be unrealistic to expect a non rusty Rodgers to win those three games with this team.

Well, the chances would significantly increase with Rodgers at full strength though.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Lions lose. Panthers lose. Falcons lose.

Seahawks next. Stars are aligning.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions lose. Panthers lose. Falcons lose.

Seahawks next. Stars are aligning.
Realistically the Vikings aren’t losing out we want them to beat Carolina then if we go to Carolina beat them we can be sitting in wildcard at 8-6 going final two games...

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Even with Seattle winning tonight, there's soooo much football left. Of the two current wild card teams, we either hold the tie breaker, or have the opportunity to hold the tie breaker (Seattle/Carolina)

Seattle (8-4) could lose two of the next four (Jags, Rams, Cowboys w/ Zeke back, Arizona)
Carolina (8-4) could lose two of the next four (Vikings, Packers, Bucs, Falcons) one of those would need to be Packers obviously
Falcons (7-5) could lose two off the next four (Saints, Bucs, Saints, Panthers)

We hold our own destiny over Detroit and Dallas.

Really need New Orleans to keep winning. Them sliding down to wild card range is a hold other ball game. If all division leaders remain in place, we obviously need two of the three of Seattle, Carolina, Falcons to lose 2 of its last 4.

H

HardRightEdge

Seattle beating Philly is a a killer. Seattle was the one Wild Card contender with whom the Packers have a tie breaker. Unless you want to count the floundering Cowboys.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Seattle beating Philly is a a killer. Seattle was the one Wild Card contender with whom the Packers have a tie breaker. Unless you want to count the floundering Cowboys.
Assuming the Packers run the table, which is admittedly a tall task, it would only have to worry about not having the tie breaker with the Falcons. We control our own destiny against Detroit with the week 17 game, Carolina with the week 15 game, and we already have it versus Seattle and Dallas.

Seattle's win tonight hurt, but it's far from the kill shot.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle still has a tough schedule coming up. They just need to lose 2....
Jacksonville (playing well)
LA Rams (playing well)
Cowboys (If they play like last week, playing well)
Cardinals (Anything can happen with a division game)

But, let's say that Seattle doesn't lose any or only loses 1...Well, then we still have the other wildcard spot. Need Atlanta to drop 2 games and they have Saints twice, Buccs and Panthers. There are definitely 2 games in there they can lose.

And then we just need Carolina to lose once, hopefully to Vikings (hurts rooting for Minnesota) and then us beat them.

And then as long as we run the table, we will be over Detroit now, too.

So...while Seattle winning tonight didn't help, the "important" ones went our way today.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1 more thing....there are several scenarios that we can still get in. But at the end of the day, we all want something to play for in December and not just watch meaningless games. And this is what we are getting. It's going to be an interesting December..and week 1 of it was a victory for us. Now..lets move to Thursday night and root for Saints over Falcons.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s gonna be weird when we want Minnesota to clinch the division this week... but Minnesota ain’t losing out so we need them to beat the panthers I guess I will be rooting with my wife...lol who thinks they are gonna play at home in the Super Bowl

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s gonna be weird when we want Minnesota to clinch the division this week... but Minnesota ain’t losing out so we need them to beat the panthers I guess I will be rooting with my wife...lol who thinks they are gonna play at home in the Super Bowl

I have no problems rooting for Minnesota when it helps Green Bay. Plus, if they go in as a top team and then get eliminated, it'll just be more fun. :)

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no problems rooting for Minnesota when it helps Green Bay. Plus, if they go in as a top team and then get eliminated, it'll just be more fun. :)
I don’t think Minnesota is gonna do anything honestly the teams to beat is the saints but I think Seattle especially at home.. I feel optimistic about Green Bay making it but I feel like it’s gonna be another Seahawks patriots Super Bowl with more Brady talk winning again tbh lol

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score

LOL I assure you, the Vikings are not going to the SB.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t think Minnesota is gonna do anything honestly the teams to beat is the saints but I think Seattle especially at home.. I feel optimistic about Green Bay making it but I feel like it’s gonna be another Seahawks patriots Super Bowl with more Brady talk winning again tbh lol
If those two teams are in the SB, I'm not watching. Can't stand either one.

I am really hoping that if we don't get there...let's be honest, the odds are not in our favor. Then I am hoping it's two teams that haven't been in it before or haven't been in it for a long time.

Really disappointed that the Eagles did not beat Seattle. :mad:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even with Seattle winning tonight, there's soooo much football left. Of the two current wild card teams, we either hold the tie breaker, or have the opportunity to hold the tie breaker (Seattle/Carolina)

Seattle (8-4) could lose two of the next four (Jags, Rams, Cowboys w/ Zeke back, Arizona)
Carolina (8-4) could lose two of the next four (Vikings, Packers, Bucs, Falcons) one of those would need to be Packers obviously
Falcons (7-5) could lose two off the next four (Saints, Bucs, Saints, Panthers)

We hold our own destiny over Detroit and Dallas.

Really need New Orleans to keep winning. Them sliding down to wild card range is a hold other ball game. If all division leaders remain in place, we obviously need two of the three of Seattle, Carolina, Falcons to lose 2 of its last 4.

With those remaining schedules it seems likely that neither of Seattle, Atlanta, and Carolina post better than a 2-2 record in the final 4 games

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Coming back to take my medicine and eat my crow.

I really thought it was going to happen. Recovering that onside kick felt so meant to be. We would have went down and scored, and then who knows what would have happened in overtime.

I was betting on Rodgers coming back and being Rodgers. Clearly the layoff effected him more than I anticipated it would. He threw three interceptions and we lost by a touchdown. Not difficult to do the math on that one.

Hopefully though, the team will take a hard look in the mirror and realize that changes need to be made to this team in some capacity. We really need to cash in on the last few years of Rodgers being elite.

If not now, then it'll never happen. Until 12 hangs em up.

Members online

Latest posts