I'm calling my shot

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
We'll handle Tampa at home in cold conditions, and not even this Packers team is as awful as the Browns. We'll win the next two, Rodgers comes back in week 15, wins the last 3 games of the season.

We run the table, only this time we win the damned Super Bowl.

I'm out. Holla.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team sucks and tonight was a fluke. We are closer to a Super Bowl with a loss tonight because a missed playoff year will probably mean somebody (hopefully many people) will be canned. We are better off losing to Tampa and Cleveland, then just sitting Rodgers the rest of the season to get good picks to get ready for 2018. We've learned that Rodgers can carry a bunch of stooges. Missing the playoffs will be a good reason to get rid of the stooges and maybe win some Super Bowls before Aaron retires.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be great if they beat the Bucs and Browns.
However those victories would be much sweeter had we beaten the Steelers and the Ravens on the way.
Playing and beating B and B is like being an adult and winning a basketball game against a 7 year old after losing to other adults.

Beat Steelers, Ravens etc with what we got.
"Whooooo-hoooooo! We won!! Yesssss!!"
Beating B and B.
Meh, whatever.

At this point though we will have to take whatever victories we can get no matter how bitter they are because any win is a miracle for this team.

Last edited:

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The season looked over last season at 4-6. They were a god-awful 4-6 too, losing four in a row with two blow out losses to average at best teams.

We obviously need Rodgers back in week 15, but after season last season's turnaround, anything can happen.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
What is up with Mason Crosby even his attempt at 57 yds looked like Pop Warner, the way he is slumping I wonder is his skills and usefulness fading

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The season looked over last season at 4-6. They were a god-awful 4-6 too, losing four in a row with two blow out losses to average at best teams.

We obviously need Rodgers back in week 15, but after season last season's turnaround, anything can happen.

NFC is much tougher this year. Also ATL and DET owns tiebreaker over us. We're better off losing out and getting a new group in for 2018 instead of pretending we are contenders like we have been doing for the last 7 years. It's Aaron Rodgers, a group of about 10 other good players, the rest of the players are below average to lousy, and a bad coaching staff to go along with bad scouting. Clean house now, this is not a Super Bowl team even if they luck into a playoff spot.

Reaction score
What is up with Mason Crosby even his attempt at 57 yds looked like Pop Warner, the way he is slumping I wonder is his skills and usefulness fading
He’s normally pretty solid within 55 yds. This was in the cold so 57 is equivalent to 60+ yards in normal conditions. That’s a ridiculously long Kick. Especially with the long snapper being switched multiple times recently. That’s a kick you don’t attempt unless it’s for the Win in OT ...or with little or no time left in regulation (under 15 seconds etc..)
The 53 yarder the Steelers made tonight broke a record in that Stadium and that was a perfect kick about 10 feet beyond the Upright. Even that kick may have not made the Upright from another 12+ feet back (Masons distance)

There was nothing for Mason to be ashamed about missing from that kind of distance while you can see your breath.

Last edited:

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFC is much tougher this year. Also ATL and DET owns tiebreaker over us. We're better off losing out and getting a new group in for 2018 instead of pretending we are contenders like we have been doing for the last 7 years. It's Aaron Rodgers, a group of about 10 other good players, the rest of the players are below average to lousy, and a bad coaching staff to go along with bad scouting. Clean house now, this is not a Super Bowl team even if they luck into a playoff spot.

Pretending we are contenders for 7 years? Two of three years were in the NFC Championship, but weren't contenders?

I'll just agree to disagree on the rest of your post.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at the NFC this year. It's gonna be one of those years where 10-6 isn't good enough to make the playoffs.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team sucks and tonight was a fluke. We are closer to a Super Bowl with a loss tonight because a missed playoff year will probably mean somebody (hopefully many people) will be canned. We are better off losing to Tampa and Cleveland, then just sitting Rodgers the rest of the season to get good picks to get ready for 2018. We've learned that Rodgers can carry a bunch of stooges. Missing the playoffs will be a good reason to get rid of the stooges and maybe win some Super Bowls before Aaron retires.

Not even Rodgers could carry some of the stooges on this forum.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at the NFC this year. It's gonna be one of those years where 10-6 isn't good enough to make the playoffs.

I'd bet my bottom dollar a 10-6 team will get a WC. The NFC South still have a LOT of games to play against each other. Carolina plays the Saints once and the Falcons once more and Atlanta plays the Panthers once and the Saints twice. Both teams still play Minnesota and Carolina plays us. Both of those teams could still very easily end up under 10 wins. From everything I can tell by playing with the Playoff Machine for the past 20 minutes, there appears to be only one combination of outcomes for the last 10 games those teams play for them both to end up 11-5. Not gonna happen. We could actually end up with an early playoff game against Detroit in Week 17 where the winner is in.

Last edited:

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretending we are contenders for 7 years? Two of three years were in the NFC Championship, but weren't contenders?

I'll just agree to disagree on the rest of your post.

Have to agree that they have been consistent contenders. Instead of being upset that they haven't been, my rage is directed at the fact that they have been contenders, and haven't made it back to the top again.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like this prediction. The two wildcards, Atlanta and Carolina have a TOUGH December and Carolina still has to play us (With hopefully Rodgers)
Cowboys are out of the way, we still get Detroit to knock out of the way and Seahawks play Eagles this Sunday.

Let's do this...let's have some December fun and make this interesting.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If you really feel that way then why follow them?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd bet my bottom dollar there's no way this team finishes 10-6 LOL

If you are so confident why not bet the whole stack of dollars and not just the bottom one. :D

P.S. even if it was the whole stack I wouldn't take that bet.

I can hope but I am also realistic.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah everyone assumes we'd win our last 3 games if Rodgers comes back. We'd probably lose 2 or even all 3 of them.

It would definitely be tough for the Packers to win their last three games even with Rodgers returning considering the teams they face during that span currently have a combined record of 23-10.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would definitely be tough for the Packers to win their last three games even with Rodgers returning considering the teams they face during that span currently have a combined record of 23-10.

Which is more likely?
The Hundley led packers win at home against Tampa and on the road against the Browns
Or
The Rodgers led packers win at Carolina, at home against the Vikings and on the road against Detroit

Id say it's more likely the former happens than the latter. Which is why I won't rule out a 10-6 finish id be betting against Rodgers wining 3 games when he needs to win 3 games to get in. And that doesn't seem like a good bet. Especially if the offense can keep protecting the ball while the defense continues to take it away. Put it like this the toughest game is the Vikings game and I don't think there's any way Rodgers loses that game he's gonna be mad for that one.

Members online

Latest posts