Ignore list?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Curious, is there a way to check and see if you are on ignore by someone?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FWIW, in my case, I used it once to avoid having to wade through a LOT of posts from one individual that did nothing to enhance the discussion. Actually had forgotten I'd done it until this came, when I realized how much more quickly I can scan for what I want. :)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I have a few on "ignore" - I don't remember anything significant about any of them. I imagine that goes back to 2004?

Reaction score
Curious, is there a way to check and see if you are on ignore by someone?
I took you off ignore this morning. Just relax. :coffee:
Seriously tho. When they respond to a thread you are watching.. you’ll
just see
*********** In their response
And it’s sais something like
“this user is on your ignore list” or to that effect.

You could also try cussing at them to see if there’s a pulse? course that might get you on their ignore list altogether.
Scratch that idea

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
No I despise the ignore option even existing, view it as petty and childish but understand some believe it is warranted. Was just curious
Its human nature to want to defend your self.

I recently done it because the person was accusing me of false actions. Im not going to bicker back and forth.

Us as mods dont view it as not petty l, its to avoid conflict because every one wants the last word.

Example would be.

I dont think most people would let a person in their house if they are consistently trying to pick fights.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I recently done it because the person was accusing me of false actions. Im not going to bicker back and forth.

Us as mods dont view it as not petty l, its to avoid conflict because every one wants the last word.

Example would be.

I dont think most people would let a person in their house if they are consistently trying to pick fights.

I have always understood the application of it for most, and would never say one is wrong given their reasoning - I just view it personally as unnecessary and not needed at all is all.

This was just something I was curious of

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Example would be.

Sadly this RULE, and I do STRESS rule, is never going to win with some, and yet some expect moderators to get involved and sort out stupid arguments. Not having a go at you here tyni but it always amazed me how a simple advised action could rile some up so much ? If you were sitting in a bar and a drunk decided he was going to engage you in conversation, even if you weren`t interested in what he had to say, would you continue to engage him ??

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sadly this RULE, and I do STRESS rule, is never going to win with some, and yet some expect moderators to get involved and sort out stupid arguments. Not having a go at you here tyni but it always amazed me how a simple advised action could rile some up so much ? If you were sitting in a bar and a drunk decided he was going to engage you in conversation, even if you weren`t interested in what he had to say, would you conitinue to engage him ??

No worries I take no offense on it all as I stated in my previous post few before yours.

I hate how it causes disjointed conversations and almost all of them are just two grown men acting like children lol

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

No worries I take no offense on it all as I stated in my previous post few before yours.

I hate how it causes disjointed conversations and almost all of them are just two grown men acting like children lol

I understand your point but not everybody acts like an adult at times....lol ;)

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

On another forum I frequent they have an ignore feature but its really not an ignore feature at all. If you put a person on ignore all their posts still show up but if you click on it it says "you are ignoring this person" what the heck is the point in that case. That forum has a classifieds section and there are some people who will post 25 items at a time so it takes up an entire page . You have to scroll all the way through.

I know that is different than this but my point is that I am glad that the ignore feature here works the way it does. I've got a few people on ignore and it does create some confusion in the threads and I have missed some threads but its not a big deal. It saves me time and while it is true I can choose not to read some of the stuff people post I find myself reading most posts before I look at who posted it and I'll be half way through and think so and so must have posted this crap and 9 times out of 10 I'm right. I'm happier not having to read it at all. That's why I like it. If I could train myself to look at the poster first so I could decide what to read it wouldn't be such a big deal but I've always been this way. Of course, there is the rare possibility that the person I have on ignore actually might contribute something useful and I might miss something but on the few occasions that I have clicked on the read content anyway button I have not found that to be the case. It usually just confirms why I put them on ignore in the first place.

Reaction score
ok. After reviewing this I just ignored everyone in here to test a theory. Don’t bother responding you’re all on ignore.

I dare y’all to ignore me back. I double dare ya. :coffee:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok. You guys have been behaving a little better.
I took you all off ignore…

Hello?

HELLO!

Oh noooooo! What have I done!

Wilson! WILLLLLSON!!!!

Members online

Latest posts