Ignorant announcers

showgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fantastic pass by Brett, and a pretty darn good catch by Martin for the TD. Brett was in a zone on that TD drive. One of the Fox announcers kept harping on the dangerous, stupid play calling. He finally said it's better to be lucky than good. Excuse me? Brett Favre, with his stellar career, is lucky but not good? Baffling.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah they're calling the playcalling dumb, cuz it worked.

the coaching staff seen the pass was working, brett was on fire, and they exploited it, and what happened? a TD. wow how dumb.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fantastic pass by Brett, and a pretty darn good catch by Martin for the TD. Brett was in a zone on that TD drive. One of the Fox announcers kept harping on the dangerous, stupid play calling. He finally said it's better to be lucky than good. Excuse me? Brett Favre, with his stellar career, is lucky but not good? Baffling.

Yeah, I was commenting on this on another thread. Pissed me off. They want us to be conservative. I like MM's aggressiveness in the 2nd half. I think the playcalling was excellent because we took advantage of their weaknesses.

But all the announcers were saying was that our playcalling was too aggressive and that Favre is lucky. That's silly.

There's a reason why Favre is closing in on Marino's all time TD record. And it's not luck.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was the dumbest football announcer I've heard all year. The Packers were only up by 3 points with something like 7 minutes to play, and he thought we should just run the ball and work the clock. The Packers needed to score in that situation, preferably a touchdown, and that's what they did, thanks to some crisp play-calling and good execution by Favre and his receivers.

The announcer also blew it on the defensive side of the ball. When the Packers went up by 10 points early in the fourth quarter, he said they should stop playing man-to-man, which had worked well for them all day, and drop into zone coverage. In other words, the prevent defense. Unbelievable.

The announcers also failed to notice when Mike McCarthy piddled away a potentially good scoring opportunity at the end of the first half by allowing 40 seconds to tick off the clock before Miami's field goal attempt. I felt like I was back in the Ray Rhodes era. They ended up scrambling for a 55-yard field goal attempt when, with 40 extra seconds to work with, they could've had a shorter attempt or even a couple good shots at the end zone.

fvre4mvp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They must not have watched monday night when the cardinals didn't go for the kill and we saw what happened. I loved watching them go for the jugular but stupid Pearson is hoping for Favre to throw a pick or Green to fumble.They sucked but we won.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was saying the same thing when this was going on. The announcers made many other mistakes other than just being thick-headed. Mistaking players for other players, forgetting what down it was, etc... Why do Packer games always have announcers who do this? The game two weeks ago was the same.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the play-by-play guy actually referred to Nick Barnett as "Nick Barrett" at one point. He also mistook Bubba Franks for Donald Driver. Last time I checked, they didn't look very much alike.

Then there was the play where Favre's receiver was covered and he threw the ball a couple yards out of bounds, but the color commentator scolded Favre for throwing the ball into a crowd. Well yes, he threw it into a crowd, but the crowd was two yards out of bounds! That guy was really itching for Favre to throw an interception today.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is exactly why i love listining to the radio. Unfortunatly it doesnt line up during the plays. So I turn the radio up right when the play is done on TV :lol:

Another stupid thing that they commenteed on was that Favre came back because he wanted to break Marino's records!!!!! What a bunch of loosers

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Screw you guys. Matty V is the balls :lol: . I'm pretty sure it was his 1st or 2nd week doing NFL football. If you've ever heard him call a baseball game, there's no one better. Matty V will be on Fox's A or B team within the next couple years. Lay off the haterade.

I agree about JC Pearson though, he's usually good but didn't sound like he knew what he was talking about today.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got no problem with Matt. I miss him as a brew crew announcer. he wsnt the one making the stupid comments. it was the color commentattor

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I am always overly critical over announcers. I feel its their JOB they should not make this many errors. Do your homework for poopsie sake. Its not a hobby its what you do for a LIVING!

One thing I think was missed about dumb an dumber was when the Packers were lining up to kick the field goal at the end of the first half he kept calling the Dolphins defense the Packers Defense. This should be forgiven as the uniforms are nearly identical in color.

I got no problem with Matt. I miss him as a brew crew announcer. he wsnt the one making the stupid comments. it was the color commentattor
His race was not the reason for it, geesh. ;) jk with ya

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I finally just muted them. Judging from what is being said on the boards about them(yes its all over) I'm pretty glad to have made that decision. They were terrible.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
when i first saw them, i thought...who the f are these tools?? and then, they opened their mouths - yikes!!!

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats unbelievable, i noticed all of those stupid things the commentators were saying and not saying.

Saying the packers were playing stupid by passing and not running the clock out. Saying the defense should lay back and play prevent and stop playing agressive bump and run like they did all game. Saying Favre made a horrible pass by throwing the ball into double coverage when the pass was obviously 10 feet out of bounds. Then he went into his big speach about how "Favre will throw three or four balls like that every game and thats just the way it is". And finally, when we didnt call a timeout when the Dolphins were lining up for a field goal near the end of the first half. The commentators said nothing. I was jumping up and down saying call a timeout for god sakes. Go back to commentator school you fools.

I didnt even notice the "Favre came back to break Marino's record comment. What an idiot.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another one of the disadvantages of being a 1-4 team heading in to this one. WE got spoiled always being a division leader and getting Joe Buck or one of the top teams. Today even made me missing Baldinger. YIKES that's bad!

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was one play that Brett threw into the left flat to Donald Driver and they said it was Ahman Green. Other than their numbers ending in 0, how do they look alike?

I too was offended by the crap about how Brett came back to break Marino's records. I expect we'll only hear that story in Dolphin's stadium.

They did seem Pro-Packer though as they were cheering in the booth on all of our scores, especially the Ahman Green run.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We won this game, can't they say something good about us?? Those announcers did suck, but you know what? The second half Brett was on fire, so they did exploit that...I was really getting sick of all the widdle throws we were making wishing Favre would pound one down there..

So glad we won,,,now lets keep this up then we can have a pretty good season...

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The announcers that you get for a game depend on who is playing. The "A" team goes to the big games and the less experienced announcers go to the games the network does not think anyone will watch. Two 1-4 teams would not warrant a lot of attention from the network while the CAR/CIN game was shown to most of the country. So the way to get better announcing is to win a few more games.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is exactly why i love listining to the radio. Unfortunatly it doesnt line up during the plays. So I turn the radio up right when the play is done on TV :lol:

Another stupid thing that they commenteed on was that Favre came back because he wanted to break Marino's records!!!!! What a bunch of loosers

In that same quote, the guy said that it's obvious that Favre isn't up to his previous level.

It seemed like these guys listened to all the hype about how Favre shouldn't have come back and he should be benched for Rodgers. I think they were waiting for Favre to make mistakes so that they could make the same retread comments about how Favre should retire.

These types of announcers are just terrible to listen to because they try to twist commentary to match their bad predictions. When it doesn't fit, then they don't know what to do. J. Theisman is the worst at this IMO.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts