1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ignorant announcers

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers Fan Forum' started by showgirl, Oct 22, 2006.

1. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

The only decent football announcers out there are

1. BY FAR! John Madden and Al Michaels

2. Troy Aikman and his crew. They normally arn't too bad.

Speaking of announcers who suck!
    Rich Gannon!!!

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Packer Fan Since:
    I hate to break this to you guys. I jus kind of realized it myself. But until the Packers become a better team they are going to inherit the crapCast of announcers :(

Not that I'm better, but I atleast know the game and the Packers players. I know the difference between the packers kicking unit and their defensive unit, JC pearson does not. I wish I could call the games in his place!

3. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Here's another dandy that hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet:

Near the end of the game, Joey Harrington had the ball knocked out of his hand and back into the arms of one of his O-linemen, who then ran with the ball and was tackled near the line of scrimmage. Incredibly, the announcer insisted that it was a PASS, and that the lineman screwed up by catching the ball because it kept the clock running. How could it have been a pass when the ball was knocked directly out of Harrington's hand and went backwards? You would think the other announcer would've corrected his partner, or at least raised the possibility of it being a fumble, but no.

I sure hope those guys aren't radio announcers. At least on TV their mistakes are right there for all to see.

4. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

I have never heard him call a baseball game. However when you say "There is no one better." Does that include Vin Scully?

Just wondering?

5. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

I've heard Vin Scully, Joe Buck's dad (forgot the name) and a lot of other local and national guys. I think Matt V is the best baseball announcer there is. I'm happy for him that he got the promotion from FSN baseball to the NFL. I'm confident that after he's gotten some experience with it he'll be one of the best. I wouldn't expect any announcer to do well calling their 2nd or 3rd football game ever.

6. LambeauLeaper

LambeauLeaper Cheesehead

In addition to all of the other mistakes already mentioned above, and the numerous times he said the wrong player (ie. Catch made by Green [when in fact it was Driver]), I thought he made the biggest *** of himself when a call was challenged with about 14 seconds left in the first half and this tool says, "I don't see a challenge flag anywhere!?". Who doesn't know that that was a booth challenge??