If You Had a Choice on Offensive?

Reaction score
What would you rather have if given a choice, I star wide receiver like Jordy Nelson,
or a star running back (like Jonathan Taylor with the Badgers)?

With a star running back you could use him as a decoy to feed another runner
like the Badgers did tonight and scored 7 points.

Both would have a target on their back every week.

Churd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have a star RB who is criminally underutilized. I like Jamaal Williams but Aaron Jones is a game changer. We just have to give him the ball. Davante Adams is no slouch at WR either.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Star RB. It opens up the pass game that much more and keeps your game 2dimensional (especially if we assume Rodgers is your QB). Plus, you can have star WR, but he can have an offday or can be neutralised by an opposing stud corner.

Say your RB gets 25 touches, and your WR gets 10 passes thrown to him. Your WR has to do way more with a smaller number of touches, so him dropping 2 or 3 balls on a bad day is heavily influential.

We have a star RB who is criminally underutilized. I like Jamaal Williams but Aaron Jones is a game changer. We just have to give him the ball. Davante Adams is no slouch at WR either.

To me, both are Tier 2 stars. One level below actual stars, all though slightly. Both can be completely shutdown by the strongest defenses.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not convinced our team is good enough at run blocking to take advantage of a star RB, and I'm not convinced the coaches would use him enough if they were. So I'd take the WR.

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems we’re not too far off in terms of taking this team to a nitro switch level.

I agree with others we are set at RB, and that ours have simply been underutilized. Adding a dominant WR talent opposite Davante Adams would be HUGE.

Also agree continuing to invest in our OL is important. The game really is won in the trenches.

Members online

Latest posts