1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

If you ask me, Favre’s retiring

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

2. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Excellent article and I will stick to praying for him to get some sign... right about now !!!

3. P@ck66

P@ck66 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like TT is using Favre for all he's worth...

(and if he retires...No one will blame TT...He's the new guy...He's just covering his own ***....shameless.)

"..ride that mule TT...ride 'em.."

4. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Havel is got to be the biggest flip flopper I've ever seen.. After the season he said Favre would retire. A month ago he said Favre would be back for 2 years. Now he says he'll retire.. hmm...........

5. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

He is kind of flip flopping, but he's basing his opinion on what he feels. He also said Brett NEEDS to commit to TWO years or none. He didn't say Brett will be playing for two more years. I said that :p

6. carlos

carlos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Just Havel's opinion. I don't READ read a whole lot into it.

7. SuperRat

SuperRat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it would be nice to have one more season. Even if they don't do incredibly well as long as Favre thinks he can have fun then it is worth it. It would be nice to have a Brett Favre fairwell tour and he can solidfy his stats into being the best quarterback ever in nearly every important passing category. I know that isn't important to him but it would be nice to see. I don't think he would be hurting the team if he returns like some people think because Aaron Rodgers would probably be better off learning more in practice before being thrown into the fire and we would have more time to get an experienced backup for when Rodgers is ready. I'm sure Favre will make the best decision for himself though and I wish him luck with whatever he does.

8. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm not sure I'd want Brett back for only one more season with the team we have surrounding him. I'd prefer that he sign on for at two and possibly three more years, then let him go out like a superstar.

9. SuperRat

SuperRat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think it's too reasonable to expect him for more than one more year but I wouldn't mind him staying as long as he possibly can.

10. route25

route25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I've probably gone back and forth 7-8 times on whether I think he'll play or retire. Right now I'd say it's 54.792% he'll retire, 45.208% that he'll play. :wink: