If we make it to the big dance....

BearDroppings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a a BIG IF. Who do you think the Packers have a chance against in the Superbowl? Pittsburgh scares the crap out of me. The Jets do as well, and I'm afraid the refs will try and screw us over!

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pittsburgh and the Jets are basically the same team, except that one has a great quarterback and one has... Mark Sanchez. Steelers have the Super Bowl experience going for them as well. So yeah, Pittsburgh's the more dangerous team, but I think the Packers CAN beat either of them. (Heck, they've already proven they can beat the Jets.)

packerswin96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would the refs try and screw us over? that is ridiculous! Now to answer your first question, I would prefer the Jets because their offense is not as good as the Steelers, but the D is about the same, having said that I know we can beat any of these teams so I am not too worried about who we play.

SyX

Stranger in a strange land
Reaction score
As long as the Packers don't beat themselves, I like their chances.

Jets are a bit less impressive on O, but have done a great job the last 2 weeks of limiting the time that Manning and Brady had on the field. And then their D came out and took away just about everything they had.

The Steelers are more frightening to me because of the experience factor and their head coach. Tomlin is just even keel, highs don't get him and neither do lows. I think the Jets wouldn't respond as well to falling behind, even by 2 or more scores, as the Steelers. Look at how Pittsburgh came out swinging in the second half against Baltimore. I don't see the Jets as being able to do that.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I dont believe its right to debate it until we are in. I have no problem with others doing it though. I feel like alot of this went on in 07 before we played the Giants.

And it had nothing to do with Favre pissing that game away, either.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and if we are talkin 07 NFC championship game it was way more than favre. I never forgave Harris to be honest.

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and if we are talkin 07 NFC championship game it was way more than favre. I never forgave Harris to be honest.

Harris proved in that game why he was one of the five most overrated players in the NFL. I was never a fan of his but people worshiped him after that Seahawks OT game.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harris proved in that game why he was one of the five most overrated players in the NFL. I was never a fan of his but people worshiped him after that Seahawks OT game.

Didnt pull up the stats but Im pretty sure Ryan Grant came up flat in that game. Neither team played great to be honest

jay cutty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the steelers are, easily, the best team left in the playoffs. whoever wins the nfc (bears) should want the jets.

Rodger's Title Belt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we could handle both of them, but I'd rather have the Jets for two reasons. I'd rather have the young, inconsistent QB and it would feel amazing to shut the loud mouth, *********** Jets up.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I think anyone who wants to versus the weaker of the two teams is a dip****. As I have been watching the Packers this year they seem to mimic their opponents and step into their rhythm, and it wasn't until the end of the season did they start to break away from that pattern, to only doing it in the first half. Though at this point I would fear the Jets more than the Steelers, they would be jealous of the media the Packers/Bears game have, and will try to use it against them. LOL.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score

Numbers Don't Lie. The guy had 1 bad game against one of the BEST receivers in the game. The guy burned EVERYONE, not just Harris...

If you take the average of Harris' last 9 years (excluding this year), Woodson's last 9 years,
and revis' 4 years...

Harris has an average of 11.6 Passes defended a year, compared to Woodson's 9.7.. Revis has 18.5... but thats because he had a miracle season in '09 with 31 passes defended.

Harris also had on average 2 interceptions a year, compared to Woodson and Revis who both have an average of 4.

On average Harris returned his Interceptions a total of 116 yards per season, compared to Woodson's 138 and Revis' measily 35.

Ok. I doubt you will call Woodson or Revis overrated, and if you do... well ok... but the fact that Harris can compare close to these guys (and Revis has only 4 years, Harris did this for a lot) I can hardly see why you can concider him overrated.

Harris had an iron man streak himself of 175 GAMES! He was constantly called the best CB in the league by the players and CB's, and most of Charles Woodson's success last year, and before, can be attributed to the opposing QB's fear of Harris on the other side, opening up plays for Woodson. (I am by no means trying to take away from Woodsy's skill or talent).

Harris was a SHUT Down Corner, and the fact that he had so many games of keeping the opposing #1 recievers with "0" catches accounts for it.

The man deserves respect for only having 1 game where he got burned don't ya think?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Numbers Don't Lie. The guy had 1 bad game against one of the BEST receivers in the game. The guy burned EVERYONE, not just Harris...

If you take the average of Harris' last 9 years (excluding this year), Woodson's last 9 years,
and revis' 4 years...

Harris has an average of 11.6 Passes defended a year, compared to Woodson's 9.7.. Revis has 18.5... but thats because he had a miracle season in '09 with 31 passes defended.

Harris also had on average 2 interceptions a year, compared to Woodson and Revis who both have an average of 4.

On average Harris returned his Interceptions a total of 116 yards per season, compared to Woodson's 138 and Revis' measily 35.

Ok. I doubt you will call Woodson or Revis overrated, and if you do... well ok... but the fact that Harris can compare close to these guys (and Revis has only 4 years, Harris did this for a lot) I can hardly see why you can concider him overrated.

Harris had an iron man streak himself of 175 GAMES! He was constantly called the best CB in the league by the players and CB's, and most of Charles Woodson's success last year, and before, can be attributed to the opposing QB's fear of Harris on the other side, opening up plays for Woodson. (I am by no means trying to take away from Woodsy's skill or talent).

Harris was a SHUT Down Corner, and the fact that he had so many games of keeping the opposing #1 recievers with "0" catches accounts for it.

The man deserves respect for only having 1 game where he got burned don't ya think?

I respect the argument. But he struggled against tall WRs. TO burned him too and I am sure other members can think of others. Maybe its the coaching that should be to blame for not giving him more help

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I have no problem talking about this. We THINK about it right? Might as well put it down for others to consider.
I'd enjoy beating the trash talking Jets because you know they'd be talking their behinds off the whole time prior to game time.
Big Ben is a monster and is as cool as a cucumber. Sanchez, for all of his talents just isn't in the same league as the other elite QBs.
I just enjoy all the talk about the other team and then the Pack comes rolling in and shuts them up but good. I'd relish it more dealing out destruction on the Jets. Also, I think most of America would jump on the bandwagon to see us pound those loud mouths.
It just would be alot of fun. Ryan: It's a personal thing with me and MM lol

Members online

Latest posts