1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

If true... wonder if it was the sign of something.....

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Pack93z, May 9, 2007.

1. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Interesting little nugget for whatever the tea leaves may say...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/nfl/huddle_up/2006/2007/05/tough-luck-donovan.html

2. Kolb is the real deal.
    Although the Eagles may very well have considered McNabb's contract, don't think that means Kolb is merely a bargaining chip. The Eagles probably had Kolb ranked higher than Brady Quinn and knew several other teams were interested in taking the Houston QB. The NFL Network's Adam Schefter reported one team -- my guess is the Jaguars -- had Kolb ranked as the 12th best player in the draft. One source close to Kolb told me the Patriots were looking closely at him and were a candidate to take him at No. 28 before they dealt the pick (talk about a selection that would have raised eyebrows). The Packers were also interested in Kolb (sorry Aaron Rodgers). The fact that teams like New England and Philly liked him is a great sign. I think the Eagles believe they drafted a future Pro Bowl quarterback, which is the NFL's most precious commodity.

2. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    he'll make a great WCO QB in about 2 years.

3. Arles

Arles Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I liked Kolb - but not until the 4th round.

4. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I also liked Kolb but certainly didn't think he would go as high as he did.

5. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I like Kolb because he has Donovan sweating lol