If...the Season Ends Sunday.....Who is this years Offensive MVP?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We stole JJ and he clearly has given us the most value, the root word in valuable.. If we had not picked Jones up I'm confident we'd have already been sent packing (no pun).
Also, his experience could be one of the key factors in an upset or two this postseason.

Wasn't he on the street? How do you steal an unemployed player?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't he on the street? How do you steal an unemployed player?
same way people use the expression to "steal" someone in the draft all the time. Usually it means that something that was there in plain sight for almost anyone to take, but they didn't, and it ends up being very valuable for your. Like some people "steal" a vintage car from some old guys barn , mostly it means they got a lot of productivity or value, for little cost from something they didn't really expect at the time.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many td in 1st 7 games = 15

Last 9=16

Two more games and only one more to... His 2nd half suck for his standards

The entire offense sucked in the 2nd half? Kind of my point. Take Rodgers of this team, and the Packers are lucky to get 5 wins. Rodgers is the MVP by that metric alone. It is not even a question. But I suppose since I am just a Favre Lover that would negate my opinion. ;)

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
same way people use the expression to "steal" someone in the draft all the time. Usually it means that something that was there in plain sight for almost anyone to take, but they didn't, and it ends up being very valuable for your. Like some people "steal" a vintage car from some old guys barn , mostly it means they got a lot of productivity or value, for little cost from something they didn't really expect at the time.

Gosh, even more grist for my "it's all semantics" mantra.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gosh, even more grist for my "it's all semantics" mantra.
just as some people will pay thru the nose for something, other things cost an arm and a leg. I prefer to get a steal or pick something up for a song if I can and I can't carry a tune for ****.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is sad. 3800 yards 31 td's and 8 int. Rodgers is hands down the MVP just like he always is...
Think about that for a second, you all consider that so horrible that not one person thinks Rodgers is easily the MVP. And people!e call me a spoiled entitled fan because I am not happy not winning super bowls...

I mean seriously, wtf?
Yeah, it's not even a question who the best player on the team is. But people likely take his attitude, that he doesn't look like a leader, etc. Into consideration. Instead of the fact that he has taken an absolute beating and doesn't have a guy that he can go to with the ball.

Russell Wilson had pedestrian stats when his line was so poor at the beginning of the year. But unlike GB, they improved their play dramatically, and now he has the top QB Rating in the league.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's pretty sad to say it's JJ, but it's true. The dude stepped up when we needed him.

Richard might be leading the team in touchdowns, though. He's a candidate.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defensive MVP's:

Giving it to the entire defensive back group might be too broad, and the success of the two rookie corners is pretty well covered at this point so I want to give it to the most unheralded position: the safeties. For a couple years now Packer fans had gotten used to big pass plays given up, communication breakdowns leading to receivers running wide open, and safeties that were either incapable or unwilling to come up and help stuff the run game. That is no more.

Haha Clinton-Dix
looks like a good if not great draft pick for where he was taken and Rex Ryan's selection of Calvin Pryor three spots ahead is looking awfully questionable. (I know he wasn't the GM, but he stated after the draft he had a say and preferred Pryor's physicality and big hit potential, as did many on this forum pre-draft..I think we've seen Dix's big hit potential the last couple years)

The other safety who deserves recognition is Morgan Burnett. He was criticized pretty harshly by many fans after a perceived lack of strong play after he signed his contract extension and hopefully has put that to rest with his play this season. PFF ranks him one of the best Packer defenders this year along with everyone's favorite Mike Daniels and a lot of the young d backs point to him as their "leader."

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Defensive MVP's:

Giving it to the entire defensive back group might be too broad, and the success of the two rookie corners is pretty well covered at this point so I want to give it to the most unheralded position: the safeties. For a couple years now Packer fans had gotten used to big pass plays given up, communication breakdowns leading to receivers running wide open, and safeties that were either incapable or unwilling to come up and help stuff the run game. That is no more.

Haha Clinton-Dix
looks like a good if not great draft pick for where he was taken and Rex Ryan's selection of Calvin Pryor three spots ahead is looking awfully questionable. (I know he wasn't the GM, but he stated after the draft he had a say and preferred Pryor's physicality and big hit potential, as did many on this forum pre-draft..I think we've seen Dix's big hit potential the last couple years)

The other safety who deserves recognition is Morgan Burnett. He was criticized pretty harshly by many fans after a perceived lack of strong play after he signed his contract extension and hopefully has put that to rest with his play this season. PFF ranks him one of the best Packer defenders this year along with everyone's favorite Mike Daniels and a lot of the young d backs point to him as their "leader."
Agreed on Burnett.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we all miss the importance of those behind the scene. The "waterboys" are very vital to keeping the players hydrated. imagine if one of them fell, tore an acl and was out for the season? back up would probably drop the gatorade bottle and spill it before reaching the player, or if he was so bad would miss the player's mouth spraying the gatorade all over player's face and in his eyes causing blindness. so my vote: "waterboys."

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think besides the safety. Tretter played great again on a position he had not played. The Oline was the difference maker today and Rodgers had enough time. I think Tretter should be starting