If Belichick were our coach

greenbeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you think? Or is this even a fair question?
Its a question that can't be answered. There are to many factors involved. Maybe the packers with belichick would have won 4 maybe 0, its all pure speculation.
That said, I think he is a better coach, than mccarthy. I mean he was in the SB 6 times in the last 15 years. thats a trackrecord no current coach in the nfl can beat.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Would the Packers be better and won more titles with an historically great HC instead of McCarthy? Yes. Would the 1960s Bears have been better and won more titles with an historically great HC named Lombardi? Yes. Would the 1980s (pick a team other than the 49ers) have been better and won more titles with an historically great HC named Walsh? Yes.

If that's the standard then every HC not named Belichick should be fired, right? If that's not the point, what is?

Sky King

Reaction score

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
probably at least 17 Super Bowl wins in the past 5 years. Easily

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And, given the way the season ended, again, they'll be one of the only things to discuss for a while.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://m.jsonline.com/sports/packer...s-playoff-failures-b99651946z1-365591411.html

The last line of this provocative article poses the question:

"How many Super Bowls would Bill Belichick have won with this [Packers] team over the last 10 years?"

What do you think? Or is this even a fair question?

My answer: 2 for sure, probably 3

This questions easy if we're talking the last ten years. Both teams have HoF QBs, one has played in a tougher conference and division imo and both have one SB win in the last 10 years. So one

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This questions easy if we're talking the last ten years. Both teams have HoF QBs, one has played in a tougher conference and division imo and both have one SB win in the last 10 years. So one

Huh? That's what HAS happened in the past ten years (plus the potential for another Pats win). The (obviously unanswerable) question is whether Belichick would have gotten more out of the players that were here than MM.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With a better coach, like Belichick or even Holmgren, we win the SB for the 2014 season and probably 2011 season too.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
With a better coach, like ... Holmgren, we win the SB for the 2014 season and probably 2011 season too.
Unless he was distracted by a better deal from another team. BTW, what part do you think Holmgren played in the outcome of Super Bowl XXXII? The Packers were favored by double digits...

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless he was distracted by a better deal from another team. BTW, what part do you think Holmgren played in the outcome of Super Bowl XXXII? The Packers were favored by double digits...

Holmgren was mostly to blame for that, probably due to overconfidence from 13 straight NFC wins and playing against the Broncos who were 0-3 in SBs.

Favre3132

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What has distracted McCarthy? :)

I have often wondered if the death of Joe Philbin's son in 2011 distracted McCarthy, and for that matter the whole team, in the divisional playoff loss to the NY Giants.

This year, I have wondered if the death of McCarthy's brother has distracted him.

Not saying if any of the above has been a distraction, but I have often wondered.

OP
OP
Tacklynn

Tacklynn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have often wondered if the death of Joe Philbin's son in 2011 distracted McCarthy, and for that matter the whole team, in the divisional playoff loss to the NY Giants.

This year, I have wondered if the death of McCarthy's brother has distracted him.

Not saying if any of the above has been a distraction, but I have often wondered.

It is entirely possible and I think especially likely in 2011 that real life concerns infiltrated a man-made game, albeit a $50 plus billion* dollar game beloved by many.

*Sept 14, 2015 Forbes
http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeoza...le-teams-in-the-nfl/#2715e4857a0b73d9c7b9326f

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Huh? That's what HAS happened in the past ten years (plus the potential for another Pats win). The (obviously unanswerable) question is whether Belichick would have gotten more out of the players that were here than MM.

Well your also the Patriots have had inferior talent to us. They've had pretty talented teams and as it stands right now the number is still one

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well your also the Patriots have had inferior talent to us. They've had pretty talented teams and as it stands right now the number is still one

I'm going to assume that the first sentence means something like "Well, you're also implying that the Patriots have had inferior talent to us". If so, the answer is that I didn't say a thing about the Patriots's talent. I just said I think Belichick is better at getting what he can out of whatever he has to work with.

Staff online

Members online