I WANT LANCE BRIGGS

BangTheDrum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know it likey will not happen but our linebacking core would be amazing if it did. I like Poppinga but he's a low 2nd to 3rd tier LB. What do you guys think are the chances we land him in this very thin free agency?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think there's a spot for Briggs, unless you want to move AJ Hawk. Briggs is a pursuit Weak side linebacker, like Hawk. Pop is strong side, and needs to cover.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Thomas from the Vikings at a much lower contract would be just as effective as Briggs from Chicago IMO.

I don't want Faneca here unless it is a very short term, front end loaded contract.. If Wahle wasn't worth a look, why spend more on a guy that is older and more of a mauler?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Thomas from the Vikings at a much lower contract would be just as effective as Briggs from Chicago IMO.

I don't want Faneca here unless it is a very short term, front end loaded contract.. If Wahle wasn't worth a look, why spend more on a guy that is older and more of a mauler?

For me Wahle was coming off an injury and had lost his edge...

i think Faneca could give at least 2 very good years, and that would give maybe Colledge or whom ever a chance to mature more..

Or at leas tin principle that is my idea

Pack93z

Reaction score
Pack93z said:

i think Faneca could give at least 2 very good years, and that would give maybe Colledge or whom ever a chance to mature more..

The only thing I see though is Faneca cashing in a big time contract, I wouldn't say no, but it will take a huge cap constraint to get it done.. IMO.

Just saying the dollars might not work in a 2 year window more so.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
Pack93z said:

The only thing I see though is Faneca cashing in a big time contract, I wouldn't say no, but it will take a huge cap constraint to get it done.. IMO.

This is true but we have Andrew...

O wait DAMN IT~!!!!!!!

LOL

But we all know Ted wont spend that on a guard, just like Ron Wolf

Maybe $5 mill a year, but not 9

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last I heard was the Niners were looking at him and he was asking for too much money so the Niners passed.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
Pack93z said:

woah

Jets offer appears too good for Faneca to refuse

Friday, Feb 29, 2008 11:38 am EST
Alan Faneca

Quoting a source close to Pittsburgh Steelers guard Alan Faneca, the New York Daily News reported the New York Jets were a virtual lock to sign the All-Pro guard.

The Jets were expected to present a monster contract offer to Faneca, an unrestricted free agent.

The offer was said to be a four-year, $32 million package that includes $20 million in guarantees, too good for him to refuse.

The San Francisco 49ers and St. Louis Rams also were believed to be in the hunt for Faneca, but the Jets were the clear front-runner. One person close to the situation described it as a virtual done deal. Faneca, 31, a seven-time Pro Bowl selection, could be in New York by Sunday to sign the deal.

Source: New York Daily News

Reaction score
I actually heard someone/somewhere mention Rosevelt Colvin as a possible option for the Packers, someone who is not going to command mega bucks, would be one of the players in the next tier of FAs, and someone that would be able to compete with Poppinga.

Hm.....

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I actually heard someone/somewhere mention Rosevelt Colvin as a possible option for the Packers, someone who is not going to command mega bucks, would be one of the players in the next tier of FAs, and someone that would be able to compete with Poppinga.

Hm.....

Health may have also been a factor. Colvin, who turns 31 Sept. 5, started 10 of the first 11 games before a season-ending foot injury Nov. 25. At that time, his 28 tackles were the fewest among the five regular linebackers.

It was the second time in Colvin's five years with the Patriots that his season was cut short because of an injury. He also fractured a hip in the second game of 2003, his first season with the Patriots.

Colvin could re-sign if he isn't satisfied with offers from other teams, though it's uncertain whether New England has any interest in bringing him back. Colvin was the youngest of last season's five-linebacker rotation, a group that included free agents Tedy Bruschi, who will be 35 in June, and Junior Seau, who turned 39 last month. So the Patriots might have a revamped linebacker corps next season.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Another reason not to chase Faneca.. I smell FA bust.

PFTalk.com said:
NO VISITS FOR FANECA

For Pro Bowl guard Alan Faneca, free agency isn't about wining and dining or touring facilities or meeting with other players already on the team.

It's about getting paid.

And so Faneca won't be making any visits. Instead, per Charles Robinson of Yahoo! Sports, Faneca will assess offers from the Jets, Niners, and Rams, and then sign with one of them on Sunday.

He's expected to receive a deal worth $8 million per year, at a length of four or five years.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another reason not to chase Faneca.. I smell FA bust.

PFTalk.com said:
NO VISITS FOR FANECA

For Pro Bowl guard Alan Faneca, free agency isn't about wining and dining or touring facilities or meeting with other players already on the team.

It's about getting paid.

And so Faneca won't be making any visits. Instead, per Charles Robinson of Yahoo! Sports, Faneca will assess offers from the Jets, Niners, and Rams, and then sign with one of them on Sunday.

He's expected to receive a deal worth $8 million per year, at a length of four or five years.

Sounds like he's looking for a pay day anyways which I don't think the Packers would be willing to pay.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
I don't think there's a spot for Briggs, unless you want to move AJ Hawk. Briggs is a pursuit Weak side linebacker, like Hawk. Pop is strong side, and needs to cover.

A lot of scouts think that AJ Hawk is the best coverage LB in the league. Move AJ to SAM to get the best WIL in the league (Briggs).

Hawk
Barnett
Briggs

THAT WOULD BE SCARY!

WE'd have to offer around $20 million in guaranteed money. Worth it IMO.

Not going to happen though.

Staff online

Latest posts