I STILL hate him

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just going over some of the "Javon vs. Brett" articles on the internet from Javon's holdout. Reading that stuff even now pissed me off like none other. Javon Walker is a whiny *** talent who had one good season and goes and demands cash. Favre trys to show him hes taking things in the wrong direction ( money over team work ) and Javon has a fit. THEN Mcnabb sticks his nose in it and criticizes Favre. Bastards...

Sorry to bring up old news....

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Make that several good seasons now, and a spot on the roster on the Pro Bowl AFC Team as a Denver Bronco, and the money he deserved from the Packers when his agent asked for it.

I did not like some of his comments. But this is a business and these guys only have so long to make the money they are due.

I can understand your venting. But I can also understand that Walker has deliverd on what he said he was worth, and is getting paid for it, where if he did be a team player an keep his mouth shut he would not be where is is right now as far as his famiy's financial security is concerned.

Remember it s a business. The NFL Owners and the NFL marketing machine made it that way, not the players.

R.P.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is sad to say it is "business", think about it if you had a job and knew you could get more money somewheres else wouldnt you go?

But then again players need to honor their contracts to, or why should we even have the players sign them?

IMO thats the difference between older players they do honor their contracts and have integrity. These younger players all they see are the dollar signs its a sad world..

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just going over some of the "Javon vs. Brett" articles on the internet from Javon's holdout. Reading that stuff even now pissed me off like none other. Javon Walker is a whiny *** talent who had one good season and goes and demands cash. Favre trys to show him hes taking things in the wrong direction ( money over team work ) and Javon has a fit. THEN Mcnabb sticks his nose in it and criticizes Favre. Bastards...

Sorry to bring up old news....

I agree with what you said more about the McNabb thing than the rest. I do think J-Walk is/is going to continue to be good and we really should have paid him. It makes me more mad that we let him go. I mean come on...What were we paying him? MORE BAD MANAGMENT BY THE PACKERS FRONT OFFICE!! Same goes for the couple of O line men. We should have signed at least Rivera.

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is sad to say it is "business", think about it if you had a job and knew you could get more money somewheres else wouldnt you go?

But then again players need to honor their contracts to, or why should we even have the players sign them?

IMO thats the difference between older players they do honor their contracts and have integrity. These younger players all they see are the dollar signs its a sad world..

:rotflmao:
You think the NFL teams "honor" their contracts? Legally speaking they do, but the NFL system is anything but honorable. Basically the players are treated like cattle. Regardless of how many years you sign for, the team can cut you at any point for any reason, or bench you so you dont receive contract incentives among other things.
I too think Javon was a little too vocal about it, but he is a top tier WR in this league and wasnt making the kind of money he should have been. Basically no pro bowl level players in this league remain in their rookie contracts, so I dont know why you think Javon should have. And for Brett to step into another man's financial live a try to spit some of that "Aw shucks, good ole boy" wisdom is real easy when you're set for life and practically worshipped to the point you can do no wrong.
Face it. The GB Favres screwed the pooch on a top WR. Now you're just being bitter.

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For whatever its worth, I remember a similar thread coming up on another forum. At the time in order to really try and understand his worth, I looked at his stats in games that the Pack won vs. games that the Pack lost. It was a real suprise to discover that his biggest games in terms of yardage and receptions were games that the Pack lost.

I'd be happy to dig out those stats for anyone who doesnt believe me.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The whole issue with Walker really wasn't about whether or not he deserved the money. The team probably thought he did. Who knows.

However, they could not set a precedence for other players. The Packers have never re-done a contract with more than two years left on it. other Packers had publicly stated that they would be knocking on TT's door for a renegotiation had Walker got one. The team was put into a no win situation.

As Far a Favre being able to speak out because of his wealth is not valid in my opinion. Favre, many years ago, set precedence on holdouts by speaking out when Sterling Sharpe held out the night before opeing game one of Favres first years here. Favre just believes in honoring your word (contract) as he has done his entire career. If anyone deserved the chance to renegotiate his contract it was favre after his first and second years here.

I also believe that by trading Walker and trading picks we got for him we got some good players who are contributing...one of which I think was Jennings.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The whole issue with Walker really wasn't about whether or not he deserved the money. The team probably thought he did. Who knows.

However, they could not set a precedence for other players. The Packers have never re-done a contract with more than two years left on it. other Packers had publicly stated that they would be knocking on TT's door for a renegotiation had Walker got one. The team was put into a no win situation.

As Far a Favre being able to speak out because of his wealth is not valid in my opinion. Favre, many years ago, set precedence on holdouts by speaking out when Sterling Sharpe held out the night before opeing game one of Favres first years here. Favre just believes in honoring your word (contract) as he has done his entire career. If anyone deserved the chance to renegotiate his contract it was favre after his first and second years here.

I also believe that by trading Walker and trading picks we got for him we got some good players who are contributing...one of which I think was Jennings.

Yep what he said... :tantrum:

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't think there's a soul around who thinks Jennings won't be better than Walker.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Javon wanted big money before he proved to the Packers that he was worth it. His big mouth got him out of town which is what he wanted in the first place. On the reverse side of this, a good GM is going to recognize that the kid had special talent and was an up and comer. He should have made an under the counter deal with the kid and said if you do it again this year you'll break the bank and we'll pay you. I'm quite sure that didn't happen.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:

I don't think there's a soul around who thinks Jennings won't be better than Walker.

I dont know that Jennings is going to be better than Walker. But it would be close...I wouldnt wana live of the difference of the two.

Blackjackking

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There must be a reason that some players would rather retire then play in Green Bay. My guess is that they were watching this team slowly fall apart, bad drafts, free agent pick up's ECT.... When the Packers are bad (which is now) they will remain that way for many years until they find another stud QB, but until then no free agent of any value will want to come to Green Bay. There isn’t any nightlife to speak of, the dancers at the gentlemen’s clubs look like cocktail waitresses at an oilrig, and nothing for a young single guy to do. 15-20 year drought for the Packers.

Latest posts