I re-watched the game again.....

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WOW....thats all i can say. I feel the refs called a good game against the Packers. I felt 2 calls shouldnt have been called.
1. the ticky-tac holding penalty Taushcer holding Julius Peppers (when Finely caught the TD pass)
2. Burnett's pass interference..... i watched it 20 times.. over and over and over. that pass was severely under thrown, and Burnett was turning his head on the ball to make a play.

Now getting to how the refs called vs. the Bears.

1. UNBELIEVABLE..... guys, i understand that there is holding on most pass attempts. but i counted Clay Matthews being held on 7 other occasions !!!!YES 7... Cullen Jenkins was held on 5....Zombo was held 4 times. and numerous other packer LB's and DL.
2. WORST ONE - Bears had 3rd and 6 and Cutler threw it to the TE-Olsen. And they threw 3 flags on Chillar. Clay Matthews was held so bad. I cant believe they didnt see it

why i thought it was bad to call the ticky-tac penalty on Tauscher, because every freaking pass attempt the Bears tried - there was holding worse. Certain holds you dont have to call. I do know the refs were trigger happy against 1 team only. Very easy the Bears could have had 15 penaltys...watch it for yourselves.

NO EXCUSES.
JUST SUCKS TO RE-WATCH IT AND SEE ALL THAT ****

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate the refs. Absolutely hate them. Because every single time it's the same. They just don't call some moves against us. It's simply ridiculous.

THAT BEING SAID, this game we can't place on the refs. Too many stupidity on our part.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in the words of Jim Shwartz, " the day I start blaming the refs for a loss, is the day I should stop doing this"

OP
OP
dogpackerz

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree with you guys..
but i just wanted to point out the obvious.
it sucks....nothing we can do about it.....

why does it feel the packers always lose heartbreaking games?
do we ever win heartbreaking games?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree with you guys..
but i just wanted to point out the obvious.
it sucks....nothing we can do about it.....

why does it feel the packers always lose heartbreaking games?
do we ever win heartbreaking games?
Because the Packers can never put up a complete game. It's always something, always some part of the team doesn't play to it's expectations...

I blame McCarthy and Jarrett Bush.

PackerMX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anybody noticed the no-call holding on Martin during Hester return for TD?
I will post photos taken from broadcast.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Home Field Advantage... but we were roshamboing ourselves all night. Refs did the same thing to us in Minnesota last year. Refs were probably worse that game.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we earned 90% of those penalties so we deserve to lose.

I agree we earned most of them. What I don't agree with was the PI on Burnett when Collins picked it. Woodson was pissed after the game because of that call and I agree with him. That was a POORLY thrown ball that Cutler just threw up in the air. Burnett had just as much right to that ball as did Bennett. He had his head turned and the ball located.

I also think we got screwed on a lack of called penalties against the bears... They were doing it too, just wasn't getting "noticed" by the refs...

ilovemypackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Totally agree on the Burnett call... he was in the right position to go after the ball but was being mauled by the bears WR.. a picture says a thousand words

Attachments

• Collins interception.jpg
    Collins interception.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 96

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Totally agree on the Burnett call... he was in the right position to go after the ball but was being mauled by the bears WR.. a picture says a thousand words

Looking at that pick, sure looks like offensive pass interference.

ilovemypackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even if it was a non-call, on offensive pass interference, that would have fine, we still had the INT..but to call us on defensive pass interference! BS! we could have won the game on that play!

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They won't be able to get away with that at Lambeau, Bears fans can talk trash all they want but you can't be a champ if you need the opposing team to beat themselves. :chisux:

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score

I was just starting to get over this bad call! But your picture makes me angry once again!

Excellent post, btw.:chisux:(We need one of these smilies that say "referees sux")

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I agree we earned most of them. What I don't agree with was the PI on Burnett when Collins picked it. Woodson was pissed after the game because of that call and I agree with him. That was a POORLY thrown ball that Cutler just threw up in the air. Burnett had just as much right to that ball as did Bennett. He had his head turned and the ball located.

I also think we got screwed on a lack of called penalties against the bears... They were doing it too, just wasn't getting "noticed" by the refs...
While I agree that he had position, his hands were all over. I think it's hard to tell from an official's point of view whether or not he's holding Bennett back or not. Now I'm not outright blaming him, because I think any DB would make that same play, but in a situation like that where the Bears are obviously looking for that call, you have to be extra careful, especially the way the game was being called. I try to hesitate when placing blame on referees, because that aspect of the game is really out of the players' and coaches' hands. However, in this game, I think it's fair to chalk it up to a MAJOR imbalance of penalty calls. There was some obvious holding on the Hester return and I saw some pretty clear holding on CM3 on a few plays. I guess that's home field advantage.

Members online

Latest posts