1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I miss the "defense is the identity of our team" days

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by LAG, Sep 10, 2012.

1. LAG

LAG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +164
    It was not long ago that that was the mantra of the team. Remember when Coach McCarthy used to say that and the Pack won a world championship with that philosophy? The D would carry the team when the O had a less than perfect day in 2010.

Our D has turned soft. There is still truth in the statement - defense wins championships. I sure hope our defense matures and continually gets better each week. Allowing teams to move the sticks at will is getting old fast.

2. LAG

LAG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +164
    Packer defense got it's swagger back last night against Da Bears. Clay, Tramon, Charles and company have done the Packer nation proud.

Don't let up, keep the skewer on 'em this season green and gold D.

Go Pack Go!

3. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    It's hard to have the best of both worlds, steller D and a potent O. Let's just bask in glory over the teddy bears and look forward to seattle....with the way they looked, we should be a solid 2-1 soon.

4. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    What game were you watching last night?

5. LAG

LAG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +164
    GreenBlood, i know you mean well but you should have read the first two posts in this thread and observed dates that they where posted in relation to the two games played so far, before you replied.

6. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Offense wins regular seasons? I understand all too well though

7. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Yeah, didn't see that before. I assumed it was a new post because I hadn't seen it before. It must have slipped under the radar pretty quickly.

8. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    It's still real early in the season, we've only played 2 games so far, and the defense did look great Thursday evening when they man handled Cutler. They made up for that bad performance against the 49ers, I'd say.

9. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,091
    I need a little more time on that one, Bogie. ;) The Pack's defense hurt me to the core against the 9'ers.

That's not to say that the defense doesn't deserve a collective slap on the back and a huge "attaboy" for their effort against the Bears (who quite frankly have a pretty sh*tty O-line).

10. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    We'll see how they do week 4, the only guy on the Seahawks OL I can name is Max Unger.