1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

I Love The Articles About How Annoyed Mccarthy Is With All The Hype.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by G0PackG0, Sep 5, 2011.

1. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Very Lombardi if you ask me. What would Vince do if they tried setting up a stage in the east lot for Buddy Holly to perform lol. "What the Hell's goin' on out here"!

2. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +609
    He and Rex are the 2 classiest coaches! Rex never likes the media attention.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    You can't mention Rex and classy in the same sentence.;)

4. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +609
    haha... tell me about it! I'm glad that the Packers have McCarthy. He is the perfect coach that represents almost everything the Lombardi did 50 years ago.

5. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,791
    Any links to any of these articles?

6. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    You know something?

McCarthy got a bad rap over the years

Now we can't say we don't love our coach, cause I sure do.

Everyone can admit now that he probably made you angry in the past with something. Weather it was trading #4 (Don't take that too seriously, I think we ALL forgave that watching Rodgers rise quickly) or blaming him on some losses from last year, or the super pass-almost-every-single-down when we can't run the ball style offense.

It all paid off in a couple of years.

Other organizations should look at McCarthy as the blue print to giving coaches enough time to do something. Yeah we could have fired him after going 6-10 when they got rid of Favre, and we could have put all the blame on his shoulders losing to the Cardinals in the wild card back in 2009, but it all paid off very quickly.

7. Havners Heroes

Havners Heroes Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +45
    If McCarthy hates the hype the Packers are getting, he'd HATE coaching the Eagles right now!!