I like Matt Linert....take him instead of Bush...

ChuckSTG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now if we keep green and this gato kid we will have our other down back. True, i don't know if Bush will be an every down back but he is the type of player that defenses plan towards and will swing coverage and LB his way. It's the same concept of Randy moss. He was that type of player that defenses were planning towards him and it opened it up to other players. Those other players which are walker and Driver and they will have single coeverage on them. True we do have other needs but I am starting to be swung to the Bush pick myself. We need a Big DT to take up blockers. Gabe Watson who is just as big as grady will make it to the 2nd or possilby the 3rd round. We still have colin Cole too who is a big boy. Offensive Lineman can be found later in the draft 5-7 rounds. LB, Second round pick (stated before Hodge out of Iowa). I think with hederson going by by soon (perhaps this season) Bernstien out of UW would be an excellent fit for an hurting running game. Our problems are many but a player like bush would open it up on the offensive side. Our defense has kept us in games and it has been the sputering offense which needs to get moving, bush will help

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would not be disappointed to see Bush in GB, but would be equally happy, if not more, to accumulate some extra help. Either way it is a win. But, knowing TT, I imagine he might just trade down to get extra picks.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maroney is a running back ace (you probably haven't seen him play given that he's at Minnesota not USC) and could be had 4-5 spots lower than #1 overall. Trading down is a brilliant strategy as it would likely net us two other first day picks (and high ones at that).

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOP......Wasn't sure if Gakk was calling you or me "ace". Either way, it is rather funny that he is getting bent out of shape over something so trivial as debating about a pick we have yet to secure.

Keep up the good work, "deuce"...er, I mean, TOP!!

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
TOP......Wasn't sure if Gakk was calling you or me "ace". Either way, it is rather funny that he is getting bent out of shape over something so trivial as debating about a pick we have yet to secure.

Keep up the good work, "deuce"...er, I mean, TOP!!
I'm hoping what he meant was "we need a running back ace" aka a stud running back, not "we need a running back, ace"...because, really, who the hell calls someone "ace"!?:mrgreen:

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Yea ND...I saw him singlehandedly beat Notre Dame including that illegal assist he gave on Leinart's TD. My daughter is a student at ND. She is friends with a bunch of players on ND, including Brady Quinn, Samarjdah, Zvikowski and a few others. They all said he brings a whole different gear when it comes to speed and quickness. They haven't seen anyone close.

I have seen Bush nearly every week since he came to SC. Not sure who he reminds me of but the combination of speed, quickness and moves this guy puts on are rare.

And I would still have him return punts.