I just got here but need to get this off my chest

T

TheOnlyMeIKnow

Hey guys,

No guy here, 30 plus year fan, and let me just start by saying 'I get it'. 15-1 best record ever.

With that said, what did 15-1 really get us? We made history as the FIRST team to get knocked out of the playoffs in their first playoff game.

Don't get me wrong, I remember the 80's very well. All the bad years, passing on Sanders to draft Mandarich, missing a shot at the playoffs because Minnesota won their final game in I think it was '89.

But despite all that, this loss to New York actually physically HURT! Not to mention after losing to Kansas City it P***ED me off! Why was nothing fixed after the Kansas City loss? Why were guys like Hawk allowed to get away with not tackling ALL year with no repercussions? Why was Finley continually allowed to drop balls all year like he had been eating fried grease before the games? Not to mention the fact that our quarterback who yes had a great year showed ZERO leadership or control over the team. The QB is the boss of the huddle and offense when they are on the field. Aaron at times should've been throwing guys stars or not out of the huddle for the way they were playing. And it's not just Aaron, I blame Hawk who calls the defense, and Woodson, the veteran for not showing leadership on that side of the ball.

I was almost over the loss, when I watched ESPN SportsCentury on Lombardi today, and even though he stopped coaching in GB 9 years before my birth, I KNOW the legend of Lombardi. You didn't walk into Green Bay and beat us in the playoffs! It was that way pretty much until Sherman got here, now come playoff time at home, we turn into freaking BUFFALO!

I know I'm probably gonna get shishka-bobbed by people who see 15-1 as a success. But I see this season as a true and total failure.

Ok rant done, and thank you for at least reading it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Rodgers is not a leader? That sounds like a official brett favre forum message...

He was the one running for 1st downs every other time we needed one..The others? They were dropping passes..

I saw him getting mad at teammates, but to me it is the playoffs and if you have no passion then why bother?

Since you have a keen knowledge of what was happening in the huddle and the sidelines, what was said that you know didnt make him a leader?

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of all the players on the team, Rodgers should get absolutely no grief. We didn't have one player on the defensive side that played at his level all year long. But yeah, I'm sick that a 15-1 team went up in flames the first game. It was an opportunity lost. I'm just hoping they learn you have to play hard each and every down and Thompson fixes the defense.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Many Pack fans were nervous about this for quite some time. You need both an offense AND a defense that are good enough to bail the other out, if they have an "off" game.

I was surprised and upset about how we played and that we lost, but I can't say I was shocked.

T

TheOnlyMeIKnow

Some eluded to this being a 'Favre' message or something close to it. Not exactly, but if you want to make it one, I can do that too, I don't want to though. Point being Rodgers is the leader of that huddle. With as many drops as we had this year, wouldn't you expect him to be on guys? I never really saw it. I saw him hold his helmet and look to the sky a lot, not yell at someone for a drop or running the wrong route etc.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Some eluded to this being a 'Favre' message or something close to it. Not exactly, but if you want to make it one, I can do that too, I don't want to though. Point being Rodgers is the leader of that huddle. With as many drops as we had this year, wouldn't you expect him to be on guys? I never really saw it. I saw him hold his helmet and look to the sky a lot, not yell at someone for a drop or running the wrong route etc.

On Bretts forum--SOME are blaming the loss on Rodgers because he isnt a leader..

Which is exactly what you were referring to

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers must not be a leader of the team because he isnt the head coach. Thats all I can think of.

Other than that he kept that offense rolling all year long.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean like peyton manning? How many superbowls did he win? How many did Montana win? He didn't call players out publicly either. There are more, and better ways to lead a team then just yelling. Public humiliation is not a good team bbuilding exercise in the long run.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got Aaron Rodgers back on this one. This season did build us up only to leave us with bitter disappointment, but to say that Aaron Rodgers is not a leader, the leader of this team is like saying Vince Lombardi wasn't wrapped tight and had no idea what he was doing. Rodgers is every inch the leader of this team. I won't say he is beyond reproach, but of all the players on this team, I can fault him the least. Say what you will about everyone else you mentioned: Finley, Hawk, and Woodson, but the bottom line is, you win as a team, you lose as a team. You really can't blame anyone player or even offense or defense.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On Bretts forum--SOME are blaming the loss on Rodgers because he isnt a leader..

didnt you know? if you have your own lockerroom and tell the GBP not to let employees employees talk to you in the building people play harder for you.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I was hoping nobody would respond to the OP, but you folks did ok.

According to the poster he was about 4 years old when he started rooting for the Packers. Wow. I can't remember much of anything from when I was four. He then says he remembers the 80's. If my math is correct he began rooting for them in 81 at the ripe old age of 4. Guy has a phenomenal memory. Just saying.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are all kinds of leaders in this world. Some will kick you in the ***. That usually doesn't work very long and should be avoided for the most part. Rodgers is from the the accepted school of leadership who says let's do it this way. He leads by example. If I was a player on the offense I'd run through walls for him.

Coaches are the ones that should be working on that dropped pass thing. They and Thompson have the power to fire which should not be understimated in making a player correct bad habits.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
What did 15-1 get us, well counting the run at the end of last year including the Superbowl win, it got us a year of glory that alot of people never get to experiance. True the end hurt but the future is bright becuse...wait for it.....We have Arron Rodgers as our QB.

Some people lead in different ways. You don't see MM out there screaming and yelling. I for one like A-Rods cool. These are young men who had a very emotional week and played a bad game but gave us one hell of a ride for a year. I consider us very lucky to be fans of this team. We get to ride again next year. There are alot of other fans who would give there eye teeth to be us right now.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What did 15-1 get us, well counting the run at the end of last year including the Superbowl win, it got us a year of glory that alot of people never get to experiance. True the end hurt but the future is bright becuse...wait for it.....We have Arron Rodgers as our QB.

Some people lead in different ways. You don't see MM out there screaming and yelling. I for one like A-Rods cool. These are young men who had a very emotional week and played a bad game but gave us one hell of a ride for a year. I consider us very lucky to be fans of this team. We get to ride again next year. There are alot of other fans who would give there eye teeth to be us right now.
Yeah.
Your right.
It could be worse.
We could be rooting for the Cleveland Browns.
Like these poor schnooks.
(Warning: Second vid has language that may be NSFW.)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I think Rodgers gave that game his 100%.

Not his fault no one wanted to catch a pass that day because they were scared they'd get hit too hard.

At the end of the day, the quarterback is the easiest person to blame, because afterall, he is the quarterback....Saints lost to the 49ers, and yeah blame that on Brees even though he threw 3 TD's and 400 yards, and managed to come back and make it a game. Even I don't agree with that one, he did throw 2 picks, but he got out there and made it a game.

Everyone also LOVES to blame it on Favre, which most the time has a point, but I don't agree with comparing Rodgers and Favre. Can we give it a rest already? Brett was his own player, as is Rodgers, and even in his prime, I don't think Favre would have won us that game when no one wants to catch the ball and the defense constantly gives up huge plays and gobs of points. Bringing Favre's name up to compare with has become beating a dead horse. You know, he's retired...Let's let him stay retired and not constantly have to bring him into the conversation.

People need to be a little more appreciative. We DID win a Super Bowl last year for the love of god. Everyone talks like this team just won 15 games and didn't do ****, but they did get their rings last year, so be cool. We could have it worse you know? We could have won 13 games on a real easy schedule only playing 3 .500 teams all year, then get our ***** handed to us in the divisional round (hello Atlanta) but we didn't. We did get our rings last year, and it is not the end of the world, Rodgers CAN win ANOTHER Super Bowl. Have some faith!!!

T

TheOnlyMeIKnow

AmishMafia Peyton Manning NEVER called out Vanderjagt? He never said in post game pressers that the offense didn't have as deep of talent as they'd had the year before? *Specifically talking about a presser I saw the year after Edgerin was allowed to go to Phoenix*. Montana never did it cause Montana's guys knew his credentials, and if they did something wrong, people knew it was on them. Montana really didn't HAVE TO jump on anybody.

T

TheOnlyMeIKnow

This really isn't about Favre at all, I have no idea how anyone could make that leap. Like I said though if people wanna make it about that I got stats, so I can, I will, I'll win that argument. I REALLY DON'T WANT TO THOUGH!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
This really isn't about Favre at all, I have no idea how anyone could make that leap. Like I said though if people wanna make it about that I got stats, so I can, I will, I'll win that argument. I REALLY DON'T WANT TO THOUGH!

Probably one of Favre's daughters. I heard that player's family members go on message boards under aliases.

FearThePack

13x World Champs!
Reaction score
Pretty much anyone who questions Rodgers leadership less than a year removed from leading his team to a super bowl victory is a Favre supporter. And it's not hard to tell, because you're just grasping for something, anything, that makes you think you the Packers made the wrong decision.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AmishMafia Peyton Manning NEVER called out Vanderjagt? He never said in post game pressers that the offense didn't have as deep of talent as they'd had the year before? *Specifically talking about a presser I saw the year after Edgerin was allowed to go to Phoenix*. Montana never did it cause Montana's guys knew his credentials, and if they did something wrong, people knew it was on them. Montana really didn't HAVE TO jump on anybody.
Please reread my post. Peyton is an ***** and regularily yells at players on any given unsuccessful play. He has only won 1 superbowl despite being one of the most "successful" Qbs in NFL history. Why? I think its because hes an a.ss and his team mates don't like him.

You response makes no sense. Are you under the impression that Montana was granted respect by his team mates as a rookie? He worked hard and earn it in the same manner that Rodgers is. Working hard; setting an example; and having respect for your team mates.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Please reread my post. Peyton is an ***** and regularily yells at players on any given unsuccessful play. He has only won 1 superbowl despite being one of the most "successful" Qbs in NFL history. Why? I think its because hes an a.ss and his team mates don't like him.

You response makes no sense. Are you under the impression that Montana was granted respect by his team mates as a rookie? He worked hard and earn it in the same manner that Rodgers is. Working hard; setting an example; and having respect for your team mates.

Yep, I think the "I" in team really showed up this year. when you don't ever let your backup take snaps with the no 1 team, when your too arrogant to allow an OC to call the plays that says something. If Manning hadn't been so self absorbed he would have had more rings. How do you match wits with the best OC's in the leauge when your on the field taking hits?

Better LUCK next year.

Members online

Latest posts