I hate the Pats, but damn, they're good

abztractmynd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hate cheaters. The Pats are a great team. They have exceptional talent and they may be the most well coached team ever. So why cheat? with about 11 minutes left in the game the Pats just took the lead on a bomb to Mr. Arrogant, Randy Moss. Even with a perfect season on the brink, it will always be tainted by the cheating episode. It's not unlike Barry Bonds, as great as he is and as talented as he is, the home run record will always be tainted by his use or steroids.

Everyone cheats...the patriots just got caught doing it. this team is the best team i have ever seen.

mike_donnelly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so they knew what play the jets were calling in the 1st game of the year? they still have to make sacks, block, run the ball, catch the receptions and all the other parts of the game, for 15 other games, which most of them they have completely dominated. sure their division is rudiculously bad, but keep in mind they beat every single AFC division winner (Colts, Chargers, Steelers) as well as the NFC top seed. And people saying Moss and Brady cheated their way to records is rudiculous. To pass for 50 TD's and catch 23 is quite a big effort, it's not like some juiced-up baseball slugger who just whacks balls out of stadiums.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mike_donnelly said:
so they knew what play the jets were calling in the 1st game of the year? they still have to make sacks, block, run the ball, catch the receptions and all the other parts of the game, for 15 other games, which most of them they have completely dominated. sure their division is rudiculously bad, but keep in mind they beat every single AFC division winner (Colts, Chargers, Steelers) as well as the NFC top seed. And people saying Moss and Brady cheated their way to records is rudiculous. To pass for 50 TD's and catch 23 is quite a big effort, it's not like some juiced-up baseball slugger who just whacks balls out of stadiums.

I dont believe people are talking about their team now, this was for years they were cheating until they got caught I am sure they arent doing it anymore. Yes their team is awesome this year, I just hate to see a team that has cheated in the past and who knows if they deserved all those SuperBowl wins when they cheated to probably get them. They probably were not sure which SuperBowls were won legitimately so they probably cant do anything about taking the trophies away. I just wished that would have been their punishment to take all three away. The reason that lots of people IMO dont like them is this reason.

I was raised to do things honesty and faithfully, I wished all people thought this way. If you have to cheat in life to get you a head how can you honestly say you won? You cant.!!

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone talks about how the Pats "can be beat". IMO, no one has uncovered that formula so far this year. Regardless of the small circumstantial things in different games that we could point out, they ARE 16-0.

Just like the Pack IS 13-3.

Dallas IS 13-3....

..and so on. No team, ever, has done this. 16 regular season wins is something I wholeheartedly believed would never, ever, ever happen. Impossible. And here it's happened. Seriously, who really cares who it was or how much we've been hearing about them.

This team has accomplished something that may never again be accomplished, regardless of their character, cheap shots, or sideline videotape. I think people should enjoy watching history being made, rather than griping about things that will seem far less important 35 years from now when our kids & grandkids are asking us if we remember the 07 Patriots.

In the words of Ali G:

RESPEK

Rascus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello Packers Fans....Patriots fan here....reading this thread though makes me wonder if Im safe here. Anyway I originally came on this board to wish you guys good luck with your game against the Giants....and even though we each have a game to play yet I can see our respective teams lining up in the Super Bowl. Im not gonna get caught up in all the cheat episodes ...spygate or whatever you want to call it as thats not me nor why I came to this board. Though Im glad to see not all feel the same.
I came here because I love football and enjoy sharing the games with other fans and also because my wife happens to be a Packer fan. So heres to the best of luck with the Giants and look to see you guys in Arizona.

Slagathor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone cheats...the patriots just got caught doing it. this team is the best team i have ever seen.

As I have said all year, the only diffrence is the Pats got caught......

I wonder why people hate them so much, it;s not like there the Cowgirls of the 90's, I dont see the arrogance everyone else seems too, I see confidence and a ton of talent.
I didnt hate the 'Boys cause they were good, I dont even hate them, well, maybe a little bit, but the arrogance and cockyness,(is cockyness a word???)

I fear the Super Bowl, I so want Favre to get another ring, but I also want to see the Pats go 19-0.

As my father-in-law would say, "Thats quite the conundrum you got there"

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Everyone talks about how the Pats "can be beat". IMO, no one has uncovered that formula so far this year.

I think perhaps the formula was uncovered by Jim Johnson at Philadelphia and then copied by a few other teams that took NE to the wire.

The problem is that nobody executed the plan flawlessly. The Eagles, Ravens, and Giants all committed costly errors in their execution.

That said, the way the Packers looked on Saturday, I think we could upset the Patriots even if we make a mistake or two.

Members online

Latest posts