Hypothetical: Which Wildcard Team Should We Hope To Face In Playoffs?

Which Current Team Vying For 6th Seed Do We Want?

• Atlanta

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • Chicago

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • NY Giants

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Seattle

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Tampa Bay

Votes: 13 31.0%

• Total voters

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty sure if the Eagles lose, the Vikings are in. Don't think anyone else can get to 9-7

Almost, but not quite. If the Falcons won their last two games, and the Vikings AND Seahawks lost their last two, the Falcons would go in as the #5 seed and the Seahawks #6. Unlikely, but the Vikings won't be able to officially clinch until next week.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Almost, but not quite. If the Falcons won their last two games, and the Vikings AND Seahawks lost their last two, the Falcons would go in as the #5 seed and the Seahawks #6. Unlikely, but the Vikings won't be able to officially clinch until next week.
Yup, I am sure the Falcons are going to take down the 14-0 Panthers next week. Because anything that can happen will happen to screw my Vikes.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, I am sure the Falcons are going to take down the 14-0 Panthers next week. Because anything that can happen will happen to screw my Vikes.

For your sake at least, assuming Arizona holds on tonight, the Panthers will still have something to play for next week.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No they would not because the Vikings beat them head to head.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Seattle, knocking them off the mantle sends a clear message that the Packers are the ones to beat to get to SB
Ah, No. I would say if the Packers and Seahawks played right now, the game would be more like the Vikes Seahawks than the Seahawks Packers game. Packers have lost a couple of steps and the Seahawks have picked up a few.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The ESPN playoffs machine is a fun tool and has everything you need to figure things out.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Minny will lose now on Sunday, Odell Beckham Jr's suspension has been upheld and he won't be playing.

I got a feeling what happened there probably brought an end to the Tom Coughlin era in NY. I mean he'll be there the rest of the year, but I don't think the Giants are going to get into the playoffs, for sure they won't if Washington wins this Saturday. Think that's what the NFC East is going to come down to is Saturday's game in Philly.

So yeah I'm thinking the whole NFC Playoff picture will be wrapped up by this Sunday in terms of qualifiers, our last game against Minny will decide who gets 6th or 3rd seed.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Minny will lose now on Sunday, Odell Beckham Jr's suspension has been upheld and he won't be playing.

I got a feeling what happened there probably brought an end to the Tom Coughlin era in NY. I mean he'll be there the rest of the year, but I don't think the Giants are going to get into the playoffs, for sure they won't if Washington wins this Saturday. Think that's what the NFC East is going to come down to is Saturday's game in Philly.

So yeah I'm thinking the whole NFC Playoff picture will be wrapped up by this Sunday in terms of qualifiers, our last game against Minny will decide who gets 6th or 3rd seed.

Though if we lost against Minny we could end up as the five seed given the tiebreaker with the Seahawks.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing for me is the lack of suspense in the league for the playoff run. Two weeks to go and things are pretty well settled. Five division races were never races at all this year. The AFC has one division race and 3 teams battling for the wild card spots. The NFC had 2 divisions that were runaways, and outside of who represents the East ' everything's decided except for seeding. A bit surprising.

Sky King

Reaction score
The thing for me is the lack of suspense in the league for the playoff run. Two weeks to go and things are pretty well settled. Five division races were never races at all this year. The AFC has one division race and 3 teams battling for the wild card spots. The NFC had 2 divisions that were runaways, and outside of who represents the East ' everything's decided except for seeding. A bit surprising.
This season has had a unique feel to it, both from the Packers and NFC standpoints. With two games to go the Packers still have time to develop the necessary momentum to carry them through the playoffs. But with an underachieving offense and what seems like an ankle sprain every week occurring to one of their starters, it will be a daunting task -- perhaps, even more than it inherently should be.

Earlier in the season the Seahawks led the parade of underachieving teams before they made a very nice turnaround. They now look primed for the playoffs and ahead of the Packers as far as momentum going into the post season is concerned, at least at this moment in time they appear to be so.

The Packers took a turn at struggling after the bye. They still have not met preseason expectations on offense and very well may not by season's end. They're still struggling with no end apparently in sight. The next two games could serve as an accurate predictor of what lies ahead in the playoffs.

The Cardinals have played consistent, winning football all season long. Some of their players have had career years, such as Palmer and Fitzgerald. They appear confident and hungry for the championship and are playing with a sense of urgency, same as the Seahawks. Lack of consistency and confidence do not seem to be problems they are experiencing. They excel on offense.

My heart wants it to be the Packers but my head says the Cardinals and Seahawks are the two best teams in the NFC by a healthy margin and in that order, per their recent play. I welcome the opportunity to be thoroughly surprised by the Packers, though. And it would be even more gratifying if the Packers were to somehow pull it off because I don't expect that to happen as things now stand. But it's been a peculiar season for the NFC and for the Packers. Maybe something that would defy conventional wisdom is on the verge of taking place. I'm hoping so.

1940sfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with this... 100%. You want to prove you are the best, that you deserve to make it to the Super Bowl, beat the best.

That's a stretch given the current landscape. Given that Green Bay only has to beat Minnesota in Green Bay to win the division. And Minnesota has looked quite "average" lately.

Not saying it can't happen, but I think unlikely at this point.

you were saying....?

1940sfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His last sentence has it covered.

lol in other words you are supposed to look football knowledgeable by riding the fence?

no, he said basically its a stretch. Its a false pro packer statement that didnt come to pass.
Stop making excuses for him lol

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'd rather the Packers get the #5 seed and play the winner of the NFC East instead of winning the division and playing Seattle. Seattle looks good right now. Let them beat Minnesota and Carolina before playing in Green Bay in the NFC Championship Game.

Back on Dec. 6th, someone was spot on, in their prediction/desire.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back on Dec. 6th, someone was spot on, in their prediction/desire.

This was written back when I was more optimistic. The idea of GB hosting the NFC Championship Game is pretty comical right now.

Seattle is a scary team. Some how with their mismatched offensive line and missing Lynch and Graham, the Seahawks offense is scoring points.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts