Hypothetical: Which Wildcard Team Should We Hope To Face In Playoffs?

Which Current Team Vying For 6th Seed Do We Want?

• Atlanta

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • Chicago

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • NY Giants

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Seattle

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Tampa Bay

Votes: 13 31.0%

• Total voters
OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe he's thinking to let Mn have the NFCN as we'd have the tie breaker over Seattle for the #5.

Yeah I suppose that's one way to look at it, though I don't remember the last time 2 wildcard teams from the NFC played each other in the NFC championship game, but I guess you can always have a first. Bottom line, in my books here's a better way it can be done:

Say we get 3rd seed, and Seattle gets 5th, we get a home date vs Minny to start, Seattle has to go out to Washington, which btw they've been highly successful against the skins in the playoffs, if we win, we'd have to go take on Arizona out west. Our biggest challenge would be taking on the Cards, but if we did manage to beat them and Seattle took out Carolina, which they could, we'd still end up getting them at Lambeau.

But either way guys, the way this is shaping up for us, the road for us is going to go through Arizona, that's just a given.

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want Seattle at our house in January. But I'm holding out for not playing a wildcard game. If we win out and Cardinals lose to either Minnesota or Seattle, we get a bye.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The week 16 Arizona game is going to be a big test for us.

D

Deleted member 6794

espn playoff machine

there is a way we go to Tampa 9-7 and play them with us being 10-6 (losing to Cards and Raiders)

With the Panthers having clinched the NFC South the only way the Buccaneers can make the playoffs is as a wild card. Therefore they won't host a game during the first round.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm on board....

But doesn't it feel strange to think about how clunky our offense has been yet some of us are still contemplating the playoffs. I'm stilling thinking we host Vikings in the first round.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm on board....

But doesn't it feel strange to think about how clunky our offense has been yet some of us are still contemplating the playoffs. I'm stilling thinking we host Vikings in the first round.

And given the way their season has gone as of late, that seems fitting to me.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Wild card team? At the moment it would be "which division winner". And I'd love to see the Redskins in the first round.

Wait, they are actually going to declare a "winner" of the NFC East? How pathetic is it that the Cowboys on Sunday at 4-8 are going to be playing to win so that they could potentially be tied for the lead in the NFC East at 5-8 with 3 games to go?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Well, given that Seattle has some pretty clear sailing for the next few games (Baltimore, Cleveland, and St Louis), it's looking far more likely they won't be out, as disappointing as that is. I mean I know the Rams usually show up but they've been playing some god awful football since going 4-3 and if they were smart, they'd fire Jeff Fisher's butt.

To me Minny's loss today was extremely bad for them and is going to really knock em off their perch. If you're going to try and show you belong in the playoffs, you can't be uncompetitive in games like that. They play the Cardinals on a short week, it's not looking good at all for them. After that, Bears and Giants, which although both those teams also had tough losses today, put either one in a situation that they don't feel any pressure to win and it's not good for Minny. So far, the Vikes to me have really not played up to their 8-4 record.
Start the game without Raji, then in the first series lose Matthews and Dix, and then later on lose Shields and see how well your team does against the Seahawks. Sure the the offense will score more points than the Vikings did, but the defense won't stop Seattle.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Start the game without Raji, then in the first series lose Matthews and Dix, and then later on lose Shields and see how well your team does against the Seahawks. Sure the the offense will score more points than the Vikings did, but the defense won't stop Seattle.

Sounds like the Packer season game by game in a nutshell as well as many other teams in the NFL each and every year.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

As I´ve said all season long the Vikings are overrated because of the easy schedule they´ve faced and won´t be able to beat any good teams. A classy move blaming a loss by 31 points on injuries.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
As I´ve said all season long the Vikings are overrated because of the easy schedule they´ve faced and won´t be able to beat any good teams. A classy move blaming a loss by 31 points on injuries.
Viking play the same teams as the Packers, except for 2. So, if the Vikings have an easy schedule, so do the Packers.

So far the only games that involved different teams are Carolina and Atlanta, Viking play the Giant and Packers the Romo less Cowboys. So, out of 12 games played so far, a total of 10 of them have been the same teams.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I didn't blame the loss on the injuries. I said, "lose your top 4 defensive players, and see how well your team plays them" The Vikings had no healthy safeties at the end of the game. We had a CB playing safety. So, I will make sure in the future that any discussion about Packer injuries and games being lost or played poorly is considered a "classy" move by Packer fans.

Vikings lost because their offense sucked.

4Ever4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait, they are actually going to declare a "winner" of the NFC East? How pathetic is it that the Cowboys on Sunday at 4-8 are going to be playing to win so that they could potentially be tied for the lead in the NFC East at 5-8 with 3 games to go?

Not as pathetic as it could get if the Packers lose. You guys are speaking as if you have already seen some turn around in our offensive ineptness. What in the last 4-5 games makes you believe we will have any success in our remaining 4 games, let alone the playoffs?

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not as pathetic as it could get if the Packers lose. You guys are speaking as if you have already seen some turn around in our offensive ineptness. What in the last 4-5 games makes you believe we will have any success in our remaining 4 games, let alone the playoffs?
I've seen nothing. The offense is one of the league's worst. With a lesser QB, it would likely be the worst.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Not sure how a Packer loss is more pathetic then a division winner potentially having a losing record, but OK. Not sure if you are lumping me in "you guys", but since you quoted me, I assume you are. Might want to follow the trail before drawing your conclusions, I haven't said anything about our offense being right since the Chiefs game, as a matter of fact, I have said the opposite.

Last edited:

4Ever4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope, you asked how pathetic it is for the Cowboys to still be fighting for the division with a losing record and I said not as pathetic as it may be if the Packers lose to them. Not sure why that is confusing to you. The rest of what I wrote had nothing to do with you, just comments.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I guess I don't view a loss, even to teams as bad as The Cowboys, Lions or Bears as catastrophic or pathetic, its just one game. But the 4 teams in the NFC East this year, I call that pathetic. But that's me.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I've seen nothing. The offense is one of the league's worst. With a lesser QB, it would likely be the worst.
Leagues worst in what? PPG? Total Yards? Yds/Game?

I'm not saying the Packer offense is a well oiled machine and yes, it needs to improve for the Packers to go anywhere in the playoffs. But they are nowhere near the leagues worst offense, unless you base that on preseason expectations.

D

Deleted member 6794

Viking play the same teams as the Packers, except for 2. So, if the Vikings have an easy schedule, so do the Packers.

So far the only games that involved different teams are Carolina and Atlanta, Viking play the Giant and Packers the Romo less Cowboys. So, out of 12 games played so far, a total of 10 of them have been the same teams.

The difference being that the Packers have underperformed for whatever reasons and therefore have lost four games. The Vikings aren´t any better and have benefitted from an easy schedule, otherwise they wouldn´t be a team above .500.

4Ever4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I don't view a loss, even to teams as bad as The Cowboys, Lions or Bears as catastrophic or pathetic, its just one game. But the 4 teams in the NFC East this year, I call that pathetic. But that's me.

You're right, a single loss is not pathetic. Losing 5 of the last 7 (if they lose to Dallas) with Rodgers as QB and a pretty good defense after starting 6-0 is. So yes, losing to Dallas would be more pathetic that winning a division with a losing record. Would it still be pathetic if the Redskins/Eagles/Giants went on to get to the SB?

I would like to think Dallas should be a win but I am also not very confident in that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

You're right, a single loss is not pathetic. Losing 5 of the last 6 (if they lose to Dallas) with Rodgers as QB and a pretty good defense after starting 6-0 is.

The Packers have won two of the last three games.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The difference being that the Packers have underperformed for whatever reasons and therefore have lost four games. The Vikings aren´t any better and have benefitted from an easy schedule, otherwise they wouldn´t be a team above .500.
Like I said, if the Vikings have had and easy schedule, so have the Packers. So the Packers have under performed with an easy schedule.

4Ever4Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Leagues worst in what? PPG? Total Yards? Yds/Game?

I'm not saying the Packer offense is a well oiled machine and yes, it needs to improve for the Packers to go anywhere in the playoffs. But they are nowhere near the leagues worst offense, unless you base that on preseason expectations.

I would check facts before posting a comment like this.

Currently the Packers rank:

22nd in total offense
23rd in passing offense
15th in rushing offense

To me, that is "somewhere near" the bottom of the league. You are right, they are no well oiled machine.

Members online

Latest posts