HQ Mock Draft 4.0 pre combine

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Problem with Cody is... We don't lack rush defense... We lack pass defense. He's not good at getting after the QB. Odrick is...

What about Tyson Alualu? If we can't get Odrick I can see the pack trying to go after tyson. The only knock on him is that scouts don't believe that he'll find success in a 3-4 as an end. He plays more finess and penetrates well as an inside DT.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Problem with Cody is... We don't lack rush defense... We lack pass defense. He's not good at getting after the QB. Odrick is...
I don't understand you saying we don't lack rush defense. We focus on it. That is why our pass defense was not the best. If you have 2 guys on Raji and have another chip Pickett, besides the guy on him.....what is the opposing offense going to do with Cody??? Look at some tape of the guy. He always had two and sometimes 3 guys on him. Ya can't put 6 guys on 3. Its that simple. Put any of them straight up against 1 guy........and the pocket....will.....no longer be a pocket. I saw Raji pushing 2 guys backwards a few times after he got over his ankle injury. I have seen Pickett do it. If any of them don't get to the QB, they will crush the line and get that QB moving out of the pocket where he will either get sacked by one of our linebackers....or throw an INT.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do agree with you as far as Jared Odrick is concerned. He is a disruptive force and would be a great addition.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree but, I belive our pressure on the qb wasnt that bad at all! besides being torn up by AZ in the playoff game.. Im just saying, if this guy is there its gonna be hard not to take him. Hes great at his position!
I think the Pack was ranked 11 in the NFL for sacking opposing QB's. That is pretty good. Add 10 more and its great. There was a few times against better teams........we could not touch the QB. How many times did we touch a 41 year old guy (that runs so slow he goes backwards) named FAVRE?????

I would not mind getting a quality CB but I just don't think it would make that much more difference ........in the first 3 rounds....as a OT,OG,OLB...or a DT would make. Can't forget that punter in the 6th also. If TT does not get a punter..........well.....never mind...he will :)

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about Tyson Alualu? If we can't get Odrick I can see the pack trying to go after tyson. The only knock on him is that scouts don't believe that he'll find success in a 3-4 as an end. He plays more finess and penetrates well as an inside DT.
Alualu, Wootton and Carrington, all prospects I like.
I don't understand you saying we don't lack rush defense. We focus on it. That is why our pass defense was not the best. If you have 2 guys on Raji and have another chip Pickett, besides the guy on him.....what is the opposing offense going to do with Cody??? Look at some tape of the guy. He always had two and sometimes 3 guys on him. Ya can't put 6 guys on 3. Its that simple. Put any of them straight up against 1 guy........and the pocket....will.....no longer be a pocket. I saw Raji pushing 2 guys backwards a few times after he got over his ankle injury. I have seen Pickett do it. If any of them don't get to the QB, they will crush the line and get that QB moving out of the pocket where he will either get sacked by one of our linebackers....or throw an INT.
Pickett already commands double team. We cannot have 2 NTs, that's preposturous. It leaves the team too slow.

It doesn't matter if they command double team, if they don't push that double team. They simply hold the point of attack.

It's specially true with Cody, who only got to do that because of his weight, facing lesser opponents in college than he will in the pros...
I think the Pack was ranked 11 in the NFL for sacking opposing QB's. That is pretty good. Add 10 more and its great. There was a few times against better teams........we could not touch the QB. How many times did we touch a 41 year old guy (that runs so slow he goes backwards) named FAVRE?????
Exactly. We had so many sacks, but against who? We only had ONE disruptive guy, and that was CM3. Jenkins was disruptive sometimes, but only when he got to rotate.
I would not mind getting a quality CB but I just don't think it would make that much more difference ........in the first 3 rounds....as a OT,OG,OLB...or a DT would make. Can't forget that punter in the 6th also. If TT does not get a punter..........well.....never mind...he will :)
I agree that CB is not such a pressing need, but we need depth. If Harris can't play, and if Lee doesn't play like he's supposed to (as a 2nd rounder), then we're in deep ****. The guys that started cannot cover anyone, they're a liability. Just look at the games where they played. It didn't matter that Woodson was there, he was almost never targeted.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But Jones was brought in because he was athletic, but wasn't very polished.

I doubt they feel as thin at CB and OLB as most fans feel.

Bush and Bell are nothing but backups. If they feel they are not that thin at CB......they need to re-evaluate their own thinking process.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alualu, Wootton and Carrington, all prospects I like.

I agree that CB is not such a pressing need, but we need depth. If Harris can't play, and if Lee doesn't play like he's supposed to (as a 2nd rounder), then we're in deep ****. The guys that started cannot cover anyone, they're a liability. Just look at the games where they played. It didn't matter that Woodson was there, he was almost never targeted.
I agree. Remember the Steelers game? I don't remember who caught the last TD for the Packers, but I think it was James Jones. When he scored that TD........I looked at the time remaining and said..........you should have fell down at the 1. I know it sounds stupid, but I just had a feeling we needed to burn more of that clock.

I am pretty sure it was Bell that got burned on the last play of the game. He was in position, but couldn't get it done.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. Remember the Steelers game? I don't remember who caught the last TD for the Packers, but I think it was James Jones. When he scored that TD........I looked at the time remaining and said..........you should have fell down at the 1. I know it sounds stupid, but I just had a feeling we needed to burn more of that clock.

I am pretty sure it was Bell that got burned on the last play of the game. He was in position, but couldn't get it done.
It was Bell. He should've been underneat the receiver. But in his defense, he should've had help from Bigby, who was covering nobody. Bigby was supposed to play behind the receiver.

It was Bell's fault, but he tried to compensate for Bigby.

OP
OP
wizard 87

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
Updated OL numbers from today
Tackles
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Guards

Centers

Members online

Latest posts