1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

How would you prepare the packers for the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Jan 6, 2011.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Would you hold practice outside?

Pipe in sound inside?

What would you tell them to keep them focus?

I personally would show them the highlights of last season, then show the lowlights of post season game in AZ.

2. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    If they need something to keep them focused for a playoff game they are in the wrong business.

I'd just pump in crowd music and have people throw batteries at them.

3. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    I may not be much help in the way of battle strategy and game planning, but I would offer spiritual support and motivation. I would teach them what they already know, what they have already done and proven. I would tell them to believe in themselves, for it matters not if someone else believes, they must believe it themselves.

I would show them highlights of this season. Every step, every moment of this journey that has led them here. To this moment. Everything they have fought for, have overcome, has led them here. They never gave up all this season long, not for one moment. Always believe, always have faith. There is nothing they cannot do, for they had the power within them all along. They were never without it. Now they stand on the brink of dawning glory, of which knows no bounds.

This would kind of be my motivation speech or something very much like it. Believe. Prevail. The might of the Pack.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
  5. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Make them watch the HBO Lombardi video

• Like Like x 1
  6. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    One giant game of Red Rover between our O-line and our D-line.

7. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    Alot of great threads lately!!! All great ideas for sure, but this quote from Kitten stands out..

8. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    Show all bad plays from Arizona game

Show all the good plays from the NE game this year

They already have the doors open to the practice field, so cold is coming in

Last

What ever their "winnings are" for the game put it all in cash in center of the locker room in Philly

9. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I have a feeling injuries would be huge. Maybe laser tag.

10. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    At the start of the week point out all the flaws that the team has had over the season, then go over the good midweek, and then spend the rest of the week replicating the good while knowing the bad. And spend all week trying to make the team want it.

11. gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89 Bleeding Green and Gold

Ratings:
    +192
    Well I'd show the d the cardinals game last year I'd show rodgers footage of Favre in the PLAYOFFS n say don't do this. I'd show the not so special teams footage from the first bears packer game and also the eagles giants game. I'd show our oline tape from the patriots and colts n say do what they do. I show our receivers a whole highlight reel of drops in the NFL and have them count how many they were in n then tell them stop that shiz. And then I would show Crosby his NFL fantasy file from a couple years ago and say pretend that bell is in the middle of the goal post.
    Last but not least I would show McCarthy the play calling he had vs the patriots vs the calls he had vs the lions. Also I would show him footage of how lombardi did.

That's just my 2 cents

12. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    I like that theory.

13. nyghater

nyghater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    Give them donuts... they are professionals. If they can't get inspired to play at this level then what's the point?

14. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    You would be amazed at players just going through the motions to collect a paycheck. Why do you think players play so well in contract years?

15. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Everybody needs inspiration and some love, no matter who they are and what they do. your soul needs inspirations as your body needs food.

I don't think many people could turn down some yummy donuts, tho!!! Always a place for everything!!! ;) And cookies too!!!!

16. nyghater

nyghater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    Good point. So the inspiration would be to talk to the slackers about their last season as a Packer.

17. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    For this game I would motivate them maybe by embracing the whole belt thing and have Ric Flair come in and speak or someone like that to get them all fired up.

18. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    They should bring in that lombardi actor to give them a Lombardi speech on game day. Man, that would FIRE ME UP!!!

19. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,311
    1) Study what Brady did against the Bears this year.
    2) Walk-through plays indoors; practice full speed outdoors
    3) Make the kicker and punter stay outside all week
    4) Keep doing whatever the hell it is that turned the team around after the Lion game.

20. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,791
    I would somehow come up with a way to have them practice so they would be ready for the slippery Soldier field.
    Either have some kind of practice/drill on an ice skating rink or else cover the outside field with a thin layer of water and let it freeze overnight.
    I would also have recordings of "Packers still suck!" and other anti-Packer heckles played loudly so they wouldn't let that get into their heads.
    And I would do whatever it takes to make sure it's not a repeat of last year. Winning the last season game and then losing the playoff to the same team. (AZ)

21. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,791
    Aaron or each QB has their own style.
    But I suppose they could get some strategy ideas by watching that.
    As punishment? :club:

22. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,311
    Yeah, mostly, but also to make 'em get used to kicking in the cold.

23. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    Watch the Ice bowl!!! Talk about determination!

Dang there were so many great qoutes from that, I just watched it, and thought that it would make a fantastic motivator for them.

Granted not one of them were born then, but regardless. Still the Packer pride and determination, 44 yrs later and that much stronger!!!

I was listening for how many fans died, and he says 1 fan died during the game of a heart attack and it sounded like another died of exposure later. But then again I may have that wrong,it could be the heart attack was brought on by exposure....

One of the fans signs said "You may have the 'Lone star' but we have the brightest Starr!"

Also couldn't believe they didn't have a net behind the goal posts!

24. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,791
    Wouldn't they practice outside anyway?
    Or does the indoor facility have a high enough roof?

25. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,791
    Was the goal post net invented then?
    Anyone know when it became standard issue?