How would you prepare the packers for the playoffs?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would you hold practice outside?

Pipe in sound inside?

What would you tell them to keep them focus?

I personally would show them the highlights of last season, then show the lowlights of post season game in AZ.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
If they need something to keep them focused for a playoff game they are in the wrong business.

I'd just pump in crowd music and have people throw batteries at them.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I may not be much help in the way of battle strategy and game planning, but I would offer spiritual support and motivation. I would teach them what they already know, what they have already done and proven. I would tell them to believe in themselves, for it matters not if someone else believes, they must believe it themselves.

I would show them highlights of this season. Every step, every moment of this journey that has led them here. To this moment. Everything they have fought for, have overcome, has led them here. They never gave up all this season long, not for one moment. Always believe, always have faith. There is nothing they cannot do, for they had the power within them all along. They were never without it. Now they stand on the brink of dawning glory, of which knows no bounds.

This would kind of be my motivation speech or something very much like it. Believe. Prevail. The might of the Pack.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Alot of great threads lately!!! All great ideas for sure, but this quote from Kitten stands out..

Believe. Prevail. The might of the Pack.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Show all bad plays from Arizona game

Show all the good plays from the NE game this year

They already have the doors open to the practice field, so cold is coming in

Last

What ever their "winnings are" for the game put it all in cash in center of the locker room in Philly

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
At the start of the week point out all the flaws that the team has had over the season, then go over the good midweek, and then spend the rest of the week replicating the good while knowing the bad. And spend all week trying to make the team want it.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Well I'd show the d the cardinals game last year I'd show rodgers footage of Favre in the PLAYOFFS n say don't do this. I'd show the not so special teams footage from the first bears packer game and also the eagles giants game. I'd show our oline tape from the patriots and colts n say do what they do. I show our receivers a whole highlight reel of drops in the NFL and have them count how many they were in n then tell them stop that ****. And then I would show Crosby his NFL fantasy file from a couple years ago and say pretend that bell is in the middle of the goal post.
Last but not least I would show McCarthy the play calling he had vs the patriots vs the calls he had vs the lions. Also I would show him footage of how lombardi did.

That's just my 2 cents

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would you hold practice outside?

Pipe in sound inside?

What would you tell them to keep them focus?

I personally would show them the highlights of last season, then show the lowlights of post season game in AZ.
I like that theory.

nyghater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Give them donuts... they are professionals. If they can't get inspired to play at this level then what's the point?

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Give them donuts... they are professionals. If they can't get inspired to play at this level then what's the point?

You would be amazed at players just going through the motions to collect a paycheck. Why do you think players play so well in contract years?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everybody needs inspiration and some love, no matter who they are and what they do. your soul needs inspirations as your body needs food.

I don't think many people could turn down some yummy donuts, tho!!! Always a place for everything!!! ;) And cookies too!!!!

nyghater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You would be amazed at players just going through the motions to collect a paycheck. Why do you think players play so well in contract years?

Good point. So the inspiration would be to talk to the slackers about their last season as a Packer.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For this game I would motivate them maybe by embracing the whole belt thing and have Ric Flair come in and speak or someone like that to get them all fired up.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
They should bring in that lombardi actor to give them a Lombardi speech on game day. Man, that would FIRE ME UP!!!

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) Study what Brady did against the Bears this year.
2) Walk-through plays indoors; practice full speed outdoors
3) Make the kicker and punter stay outside all week
4) Keep doing whatever the hell it is that turned the team around after the Lion game.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would somehow come up with a way to have them practice so they would be ready for the slippery Soldier field.
Either have some kind of practice/drill on an ice skating rink or else cover the outside field with a thin layer of water and let it freeze overnight.
I would also have recordings of "Packers still suck!" and other anti-Packer heckles played loudly so they wouldn't let that get into their heads.
And I would do whatever it takes to make sure it's not a repeat of last year. Winning the last season game and then losing the playoff to the same team. (AZ)

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Watch the Ice bowl!!! Talk about determination!

Dang there were so many great qoutes from that, I just watched it, and thought that it would make a fantastic motivator for them.

Granted not one of them were born then, but regardless. Still the Packer pride and determination, 44 yrs later and that much stronger!!!

I was listening for how many fans died, and he says 1 fan died during the game of a heart attack and it sounded like another died of exposure later. But then again I may have that wrong,it could be the heart attack was brought on by exposure....

One of the fans signs said "You may have the 'Lone star' but we have the brightest Starr!"

Also couldn't believe they didn't have a net behind the goal posts!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts