How to handle Lacy

TornSolace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like ty and Christine Michael's runs hard and is explosive but I see both of them as complimentary backs I like lacy he was doing big things before he got hurt. I think our run game is so simplistic you cab see Rodgers handing the ball off from a mile away and he does is run straight to the back five yards away and hands it off we need to get some cross zone and counters and slants going on instead of this peewee football level run game

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers need to move on from Eddie. He can't get into shape and wont last more than a few games before the injury bug sidelines him again.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love that he can barrel over people but there are so many reason to move on.

#1 He can't catch a football worth a damn and have his body in position to run forward.
#2 He slows down the pace the offense performs best at.
#3 You can't trust his conditioning and many times he doesn't finish a drive or has to take one off.
#4 Injuries
#5 Weigh...someone said he is routinely in the 270's and simply does not care.

He would be good on a team with a great defense that could use a guy to milk some clock.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Some guy called into C&W and said his brother travels with the Packers and that Big Ed is an out of control alcoholic and weighs 273 lbs. C&W wouldn't even touch those allegations and moved right along.

Yeah just listened to it..

No clue who he is, but... That's the 3rd separate time I heard it.. And I'm sure all 3 don't know each other.

Odd he used ragging alcoholic.? I was never told that phrase..

Just he had a problem

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I tweeted to Michaels a while back asking if he heard any rumblings about it and he wanted absolutely nothing to do with that topic. Its as if they know something and want nothing to do with the subject.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I tweeted to Michaels a while back asking if he heard any rumblings about it and he wanted absolutely nothing to do with that topic. Its as if they know something and want nothing to do with the subject.
It was brought out in media though.. But it was made out he just had beers now and then. I'm positive Gary and Leroy know what's up

But I know he was at casablanca 2 nights in a row during the pack losing streak.. And according to the person I know, he was pounding them back

D

Deleted member 6794

I love that he can barrel over people but there are so many reason to move on.

#1 He can't catch a football worth a damn and have his body in position to run forward.

Mostly agree with your post but Lacy significantly improved as a receiver while still in shape in 2014.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Trying to get the Lacy chat back to this thread, the Mods can buy me a beer later. :D

I think the dilemma the Packers have with Lacy, is that if they want to resign him, they are probably going to have to do it before the FA signing period starts. If he is a FA come March, I think a team will offer him a contract that he will be willing to play for. Because of that timing and Eddie's history, the Packers would have no guarantees of what guy they would have at the end of July and into the season, if they do ion fact sign him before March. The only way I am inking a deal with Eddie, is if it is low end, with very few or no guarantees, but throw in enough incentives for him to work for and get paid well if he earns it. I think we all know what kind of back Eddie could be, there are just too many "ifs" to bank on him at this time. If he is signed, the Packers definitely need to make sure they have a solid #3 behind Monty and Eddie.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Trying to get the Lacy chat back to this thread, the Mods can buy me a beer later. :D

I think the dilemma the Packers have with Lacy, is that if they want to resign him, they are probably going to have to do it before the FA signing period starts. If he is a FA come March, I think a team will offer him a contract that he will be willing to play for. Because of that timing and Eddie's history, the Packers would have no guarantees of what guy they would have at the end of July and into the season, if they do ion fact sign him before March. The only way I am inking a deal with Eddie, is if it is low end, with very few or no guarantees, but throw in enough incentives for him to work for and get paid well if he earns it. I think we all know what kind of back Eddie could be, there are just too many "ifs" to bank on him at this time. If he is signed, the Packers definitely need to make sure they have a solid #3 behind Monty and Eddie.
This entire page was about Lacy?

InFamous

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you guys think of Joe Mixon in the 5th round? Or is he undraftable? Rumours are that he isn't the nutcase you would think he is.

Back to the topic, I would let him walk. The running back class is full of talent. Spend the cash elsewhere. The last 8 games showed, that as good as Lacy could be, we can let him go without much of a setback in offensive production.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you guys think of Joe Mixon in the 5th round? Or is he undraftable? Rumours are that he isn't the nutcase you would think he is.

I was just reading about Mixon the other day trying to get some read on his true character. That's the kind of intel we as fans just don't get though. Cross your fingers and hope our scouts do their homework.

D

Deleted member 6794

In my opinion Mixon punching a woman with her suffering multiple broken bones makes him undraftable. Without that incident he should have been selected long before the fifth round.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
In my opinion Mixon punching a woman with her suffering multiple broken bones makes him undraftable. Without that incident he should have been selected long before the fifth round.

I totally agree. Sounds like Mixon is a perfect fit in Dallas and they will probably get him in the 7th round. :coffee:

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it should make him undraftable. I'd expand on my opinion, but tbh, I think people these days are just expected to be as politically correct as possible and offend as few people as they can, so I'll just leave it at that.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't think it should make him undraftable. I'd expand on my opinion, but tbh, I think people these days are just expected to be as politically correct as possible and offend as few people as they can, so I'll just leave it at that.

I'm sorry but punching a woman, breaking several of her facial bones, is far above offending people.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

While I don't have a full opinion on Joe Mixon, I think its safe to ask, in today's world, where do many of these players with character issues, especially in regards to violence, end up? Out of football, like it or not. If I am a GM, I'm not wasting a valuable draft pick or my teams resources on a guy who has major character issues, chances are, he probably won't survive the media, fans or the NFL.

Last edited:

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry but punching a woman, breaking several of her facial bones, is far above offending people.

That's a very narrow view of what happened, imo. But yeah, my views on this incident would not be well-received here, so I'll just nod my head in agreement.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Focusing back on the thread. Give Lacy a one year deal with incentives. Prove it. RB should be a platoon with the Packers. I like Montgomery, Ripkowski, Lacy, and a little speedster a la Ty Hill from the Chiefs (without baggage). Lacy was just fine...He just got hurt. The focus should be on Rodgers and the perimeter players. However, as a playcaller, McCarthy needs to diversify that portfolio. His scheme doesn't create enough separation.

D

Deleted member 6794

That's a very narrow view of what happened, imo. But yeah, my views on this incident would not be well-received here, so I'll just nod my head in agreement.

Well, after taking a look at the video of the incident I'm not sure why you consider my take being a narrow view but to each his own.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Well, after taking a look at the video of the incident I'm not sure why you consider my take being a narrow view but to each his own.

Thanks for sharing......."Your honor, she had it coming to her"....... :rolleyes:

Sorry Nate, but unless that video isn't real, my decision has been made up.