How to handle Lacy

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me neither. Anybody got a link to this?

Pass on Lacy unless you want to bring him into training camp and is there for insurance in case one of the top 3 guys get injured. Younger running backs is almost always the way to go.

https://nypost.com/2016/05/25/eddie-lacy-lost-weight-because-he-stopped-drinking-so-much/

http://www.businessinsider.com/eddie-lacy-genetic-freak-says-p90x-founder-tony-horton-2016-5

https://rotostreetjournal.com/2016/05/26/eddie-lacy-weight-fantasy-football-outlook/

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
You hit on a couple recently, but if your insider had been more reliable over the years maybe I would be used to it. :eek:

I just hope his "insider" wasn't one of the people fired...or yet to be fired. ;)

We lost a valuable commodity when Brian Price was cut last year and his Dad left in an uproar! :coffee:

H

HardRightEdge

I just hope his "insider" wasn't one of the people fired...or yet to be fired. ;)

We lost a valuable commodity when Brian Price was cut last year and his Dad left in an uproar! :coffee:
I forgot about that guy. I didn't think he was Price's dad, just some Texas-San Antonio fan with a man crush. :whistling:

D

Deleted member 6794

At Veteran minimum, he might be a welcome addition to compete for a spot on the 53. Like that comment said, I don't think a lot of people will be approaching Eddie with a job offer and like you said, zero if drinking is an issue.

He definity should be "hungry" now and not just stomach hungry, but hungry to either rejuvenate his career in the NFL or be done for good.

The Packers made the right decision letting Lacy walk away in free agency last season and in my opinion there's no reason to think about bringing him back this time around.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers made the right decision letting Lacy walk away in free agency last season and in my opinion there's no reason to think about bringing him back this time around.
Nailed it.

If he wasn't hungry for personal & professional growth from 2013-2016, he won't be hungry now. It's like saying a 10-time DUI offender will never consider drinking and driving again. I'm all for a 2nd chance, but anything more than that is asinine. You either have the willpower or you don't. Lacy clearly doesn't have the willpower to adjust his NFL attitude and that was made clear while he was a Packer. It was thoroughly confirmed once he became a Seahawk. I wouldn't sign him if he paid his way onto the team.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just for the record,I was in favor of keeping Price to give him more time to grow too. I am not relation

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
just for the record,I was in favor of keeping Price to give him more time to grow too. I am not relation

I have forgotten the specifics, but from what I remember, Price was kind of like Callahan. He was shuffled around from the PS to the 53 a few times, just not ready to play, but still wanted by the Packers. I am guessing when he didn't make the final 53 last Sept. they were hoping to put him back on the PS, but the Cowboys scooped him up. He didn't do much in Dallas last year, ended up on IR with a dislocated knee.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever happens with Lacy, we more than got our money's worth out of him. I'm happy for him that he got at least one decent payday year in his career, hopefully he saved it wisely -- and glad it wasn't from us.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have forgotten the specifics, but from what I remember, Price was kind of like Callahan. He was shuffled around from the PS to the 53 a few times, just not ready to play, but still wanted by the Packers. I am guessing when he didn't make the final 53 last Sept. they were hoping to put him back on the PS, but the Cowboys scooped him up. He didn't do much in Dallas last year, ended up on IR with a dislocated knee.
ouch, that could be rough to come back from. Yeah, he wasn't ready for prime time yet, and I hesitate to make any comparisons because people run with them like I made a factual statement, but I saw a kid that with time would continue to progress and be a good guy to have in the stable. But he needed some time. He seemed to have the frame and the effort. I'd bet on that most times. Too bad about the knee, man he had an uphill climb to begin with, that isn't going to help.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
ouch, that could be rough to come back from. Yeah, he wasn't ready for prime time yet, and I hesitate to make any comparisons because people run with them like I made a factual statement, but I saw a kid that with time would continue to progress and be a good guy to have in the stable. But he needed some time. He seemed to have the frame and the effort. I'd bet on that most times. Too bad about the knee, man he had an uphill climb to begin with, that isn't going to help.

Yes, the Packers and every team have a lot of "those guys" every year. Jayrone Elliott was another guy we saw finally pitched last year. Dallas also picked him up and waived him almost immediately. With all the money in the league and what seems like an uptick in injuries, I sure would like to see an expanded roster or bigger Practice Squad, so that guys that are just on the fringe, are given some more time.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You hit on a couple recently, but if your insider had been more reliable over the years maybe I would be used to it. :eek:
I think I have posted l a handful of things I heard and trusted to be true..

Eddy... Rodgers knee.. Which ties into mm not playing calls.. Kevin greene... There maybe a few more that I can't recall.. But those three I know to be true.. Other things are stuff I hear floating around from 2 people

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I have posted l a handful of things I heard and trusted to be true..

Eddy... Rodgers knee.. Which ties into mm not playing calls.. Kevin greene... There maybe a few more that I can't recall.. But those three I know to be true.. Other things are stuff I hear floating around from 2 people

What happened with Kevin Greene? I thought he was a good coach and when he left it seemed weird

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was a good coach for Matthews. Met him once backstage at a concert his cousin was in the band. I wish I could remember the band right now I almost wanna say cheap trick someone like that

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not interested in getting Lacy back. He had his time here, and didn't seem to be fully dedicated to football. I'll stick to Williams and Jones.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I liked Lacy but we got Jones, Montgomery, and Williams. Jones is a nice player, a bit of a home run threat, Montgomery could be a nice versitle piece if he could stay healthy and Williams is a new age Edgar Bennett. He's always gonna be available but he's a 3.8 yard a carry guy although as a receiver he's great. Ripkowski is solid but devantae Mays should be cut in camp. Gotta add one draft pick since saquon Barkley isn't happening I like Ronald Jones ll or Nick Chubb in the 2nd 3rd 4th round area. I don't think I'd do it in the 2nd but if one falls to the 3rd you really gotta think about it. That 3rd compensatory or 4th I think you have to take em. If they both on board in 4th I'd have to take Chubb as he's the furthest thing from what the Packers have he's a true feature back. He comes with injury concerns but if teams knew he was past them he'd be a first rounder he's got gurley, elliot, fornette potential. Jones is a true home run threat with sub 4.4 speed who would add a dimension to the group true game changing speed and he's a good receiver too. He's just a bit small at 196 pounds.

H

HardRightEdge

Maybe he was his dad. Wouldn't that be funny?
That would be funny. I guess it would not have cost him anything except a little time to try to drum up a viral "keep Price" fan movement. :sleep:

Last I checked, he's not under contract. Maybe we'll start seeing "Price is Right" bumper stickers. ;)

Members online

Latest posts