How the Packers Defense Will Look in 2012

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Since this was the 1st one you posted..I deleted the other one you posted..

So please dont post anymore, ty

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
It's been said several times that Hayward will play at CB, not safety. I understand that could change, but Dom Capers and Mike McCarthy haven't alluded to that AT ALL to date. As a result, I don't expect him to be penciled in as the starting free safety. 1) because Burnett is the most athletic of our current safety crop and has the greatest range. The free safety spot is his to lose, and 2) see the above comments about Hayward playing at CB. Perhaps injuries could change things, I suppose, but that's always the case.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D won't see any immediate improvement outside of Perry IMO.

Our DL was pretty lousy, so I hope that there will be some improvement there too. Unfortunately Neal and Hargrove are both suspended for 4 and 8 games, but I hope that Worthy can contribute something right away beyond what we saw last year with Jarius Wynn and what's-his-name the other guy who played DE is. They were so invisible I don't even remember their names TBH.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Our DL was pretty lousy, so I hope that there will be some improvement there too. Unfortunately Neal and Hargrove are both suspended for 4 and 8 games, but I hope that Worthy can contribute something right away beyond what we saw last year with Jarius Wynn and what's-his-name the other guy who played DE is. They were so invisible I don't even remember their names TBH.
Can't stop. The run. Can't stop the run, ya can't stop. The run. Can't stop the run ya can't stop.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm in the camp that our defense didn't need a huge inflow of talent. They were very talented and successful in 2010 with nearly the same line-up. I attribute the decrease from #5 to #32 in defense to complacency more than lack of talent. I think these guys simply didn't work as hard after winning the SB - coupled with no offseason with the CBA issues resulted in a few players who lost their edge. I expect them to come back this season much better prepared. That being said, there were 3 positions lacking more than others last season. DE, OLB, and S.

DE - We expected more from Neal, and I'm not ready to give up on him. He can still be a force. Worthy - very talented and I'm excited to see what he can do. I think he got wore down playing a lot, and being constantly doubled teamed. CJ Johnson - People may forget about him, he has flashed at times. He has had one offseason and typically DL need a year or two before they start to perform. Guy - No telling what we have here, but he has lots of potential.

OLB - Perry is going to bring a lot to the table to this position. There are concerns regarding how he will make the OLB transition, but I'm not too worried. I think Dom is smart enough to limit his liabilities and exploit his strengths.

S - It will be nice if McMillian is ready to play. If not, Woodson may shift over to S. If not, maybe Peprah 2012 will look more Peprah 2010 with a better pass rush.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
CJ Johnson - People may forget about him, he has flashed at times. He has had one offseason and typically DL need a year or two before they start to perform. Guy - No telling what we have here, but he has lots of potential.

C.J. Wilson? I haven't forgotten about him. Overall, he just seems like an average player at best to me. A decent 7th round pick, but still just that: a 7th round pick. He's decent against the run, but get's little to no push in the passing game. He's decent depth, but not much more, in my opinion. I don't see him elevating his game much more than he already has despite being young. He's just not much of an athlete.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
C.J. Wilson? I haven't forgotten about him. Overall, he just seems like an average player at best to me. A decent 7th round pick, but still just that: a 7th round pick. He's decent against the run, but get's little to no push in the passing game. He's decent depth, but not much more, in my opinion. I don't see him elevating his game much more than he already has despite being young. He's just not much of an athlete.
Lol. yes wilson. i didnt forget him, just his name.

Members online

Latest posts