How much Luck in NFL Football?

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a friend of mine pointed out to me there has been less Luck in football since Andrew retired.
And the award for the best Pun of the Day goes to none other than:

Sgt. Hans Schultz

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Congratulations Hans!

D

Deleted member 6794

However, the found a way to get shut out at home 2 weeks ago. IMO the one team that is truly peaking right now is Dallas.

The Cowboys haven't played a team with a winning record over their four game winning streak, including two of them with backup quarterbacks starting for their opponent.

It might be smart to wait and see how they fare against the Cardinals on Sunday before crowning them kings of the NFC.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't sell the Cowboys short. Their defense is half way decent. They can have shut down games if they get their game plan right. They've done it often enough that you have to bring your best to the table, to beat them.

Are they better than the Packers? They might be, but Prescott and Elliott do not match up to Rodgers and our pair of RBs. That will be the difference makers. Which offense springs their guys for the best game will win. Right now, in GB, I give the Packers a 4 to 5 point edge. In Dallas, a toss-up.

As for Dallas and the Cardinals? Dallas should blow them out when this coming week. The Cowboys are confident, and the Cards are on the ropes, and on the edge of free-fall. I think they play themselves right out of contention. But, it is the NFL, and any given day, anything can happen.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
No exhibition game, the first regular season game.
Played the Saints in Jacksonville because the Saints Stadum was flooded or something
Glorified exhibition game with our starters getting their first taste of live action.

LaFleur chose not to play about 14 starters during the entire exhibition season.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glorified exhibition game with our starters getting their first taste of live action.

LaFleur chose not to play about 14 starters during the entire exhibition season.
I agree. They needed to get some game time to prepare themselves for the season. The Packers could have won that game - in my opinion - had they done it.

OP
OP
Wi. Mike now in Florida
Reaction score
I agree. They needed to get some game time to prepare themselves for the season. The Packers could have won that game - in my opinion - had they done it.
I just wish after I witness that lose in Jacksonville setting in the stands, they would refund my 4 tickets.

D

Deleted member 6794

Don't sell the Cowboys short. Their defense is half way decent. They can have shut down games if they get their game plan right. They've done it often enough that you have to bring your best to the table, to beat them.

As for Dallas and the Cardinals? Dallas should blow them out when this coming week. The Cowboys are confident, and the Cards are on the ropes, and on the edge of free-fall. I think they play themselves right out of contention. But, it is the NFL, and any given day, anything can happen.

I'm not selling the Cowboys short but just try to put their current winning streak into perspective. They have only beaten a single team that is one game above .500 in the Patriots and that was at a time New England didn't perform up to full potential yet.

With that being said, I'm looking forward to seeing how they fare against the Cardinals on Sunday to figure out what they're really made of.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't I get slightly berated for saying that Dallas had the easiest schedule left of the teams the Packers were battling with in the tracking the #1 seed thread?

D

Deleted member 6794

Didn't I get slightly berated for saying that Dallas had the easiest schedule left of the teams the Packers were battling with in the tracking the #1 seed thread?

The Cowboys strength of schedule is currently slightly below the Packers' but will end being tougher for the season as Dallas still faces the Cardinals and Eagles.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know you can comprehend English in most cases. Every time I bring up the strength of remaining schedules of teams the Packers were competing with for the #1 seed you insert the Packers strength of remaining schedule and then I respond that the Packers are not competing with themselves for the #1 seed. This has happened multiple times.
You win, you have frustrated me, which I am sure was your goal.

OP
OP
Wi. Mike now in Florida
Reaction score
I know you can comprehend English in most cases. Every time I bring up the strength of remaining schedules of teams the Packers were competing with for the #1 seed you insert the Packers strength of remaining schedule and then I respond that the Packers are not competing with themselves for the #1 seed. This has happened multiple times.
You win, you have frustrated me, which I am sure was your goal.
Dam, I wish you guys would kiss and make up.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't have any issues comprehending English. Your point of the Packers not competing with themselves for the #1 seed wouldn't make sense in any other language either though.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is interesting about game 1 this year. It was almost as if the team was boycotting the 17th game addition and using week 1 as a preseason game. lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts