How many games will we win?

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BATES will put the rath of God on these Players, or else....
THAT MAN wants to win as bad as any Poster on this Forum Board.. worse!

If the D doesn't shape up, then he'll bench 'em... is my take on the whole thing.

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bench them for whom? That is the other hidden secret problem of our D: Depth.

Of Course we have bench players but in most of the positions they are not and never will be considered for full time starter positions by any team in the NFL.

The path to winning championships has good coaches, good starters and good depth on it. Bates and Sherman can be champions, but I question some of our starters and I wonder about our depth.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe Bates will make all the difference in the world for the defense. The offense will be as good or better than last year. The Packers will be better than last year, so will the rest of the division. I like that, more respect for our division. The Packer surprise all the experts and go 11-5. :mrgreen:

swartzcatz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It all depends on whether Sherman and Bates can pull this team together before the season starts, will determine the number of wins the Pack will get. And they have ALOT of work ahead of them!

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ameuret said:
Hey who here thinks that we are going to win less than eight games this year? I am looking at the teams that we play and sense we have no defense a lot of teams that we play will probably out score us.
Packers go 8-8. Sorry but the decline kicks into the next gear this year. If I am wrong I will be the first to admit it.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
If I am wrong I will be the first to admit it.

no...theres a few packer doomsday theorists i would like to hear from first.

to be fair, it's obvious why somebody would think we're destined for .500 or worse. thats practical thinking right there, but since when are football fans practical????

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doubt is the key to destruction. I am talking about doubt, NOT worry.

Doubt takes away confidence and belief. W/O belief, you can NOT win.

Seems to me, you are talking about Cockiness and brashness. BIG difference.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We play some very tough road games...outside of the Lions and Bears, the other 6 teams we play on the road are certainly playoff caliber (Min, Phi, Atl, Car, Cin, Balt)...we get a few more winable games at home (NO, Sea, TB, Cle)--but there pops in the feeling that this team comes out flat at home, we dropped our first two games at home--to teams we should've beaten, we let Jax's momentum get the best of us (and had to win the division in Minnie as a result...ok so that was for the better)

I've seen a few "evaluating season" type comments on here, and I think thats the safest prediction.

If Bates improves our defense...10-6 or 11-5
If our defense remains bad/Walker holds out/catastrophic injury 8-8

We need a home field advantage

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I look at the Packers schedule and it seems murderous; however, a refreshed Favre is back, new defensive coordinator/scheme...10 wins minimum and another playoff run! :beer:

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
Vikefan,

How do you feel about the Vikes chances this year?
Very mixed feelings....I like what they have done in the offseason, but after last year I believe Tice should have lost his job. Taking off the purple glasses, 9-7 maybe 8-8 with Tice as coach. Luckily once the season starts the glasses stay on and we go 16-0 and SB champs.......cough,cough.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO, the majority of our problems with defence were due to bad coaching. With the addition of Bates, our defence can only improve. Unless Walker decides to sit out the season, our offence should be just as good or better than last year. In addition, relieving Sherman of GM duties will allow him to focus more time on coaching, which again will only benefit the team.

My prediction: 11-5.

Personally, I don't understand anyone who starts preaching doom-and-gloom after a 10-6 season. We are in a better position right now than we were last year with the coaching changes, and our defense can only improve. As far as our Division Rivals go, here is my opinion of our chances:

Chicago: Not much will change over last year. Chicago is a team that IS in a rebuilding stage, and will continue trying to improve over th 05 season. I still see them finishing in last place in the NFC North.

Detroit: Potentially could become a threat, but everything hinges on how well their new players gel, and how well their QB performs. I could see Garcia taking over if Harrington fails to deliver. A possible improvement over last season.

Minnesota: The post-Moss situation in Minnesota could go either way. Moss was explosive on the gridiron, but destructive in the locker room. Minnesota's decision to cut him was the right one IMO, and the addition of new talent might make all the difference. However, I still do not see them the powerhouse some claim they are in the NFC North. Potentially, they could give us a run for our money, but until I see how they perform post-Moss, I am not holding my breath.

Regards,

Robert C. Hedley

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@Detroit W 3 pts final minute Favre drive Longwell kick
Cleveland W Nall plays final 10 minutes of blowout
Tampa W Favre gets 10th TD of the year
@Carolina W Favre final drive in come from behind win
Saints W Defense wins it with Turnovers
@MN W Green 150 yds & Fumblepeeper!!
@Bungles W Nall gets more playing time.
Steelers L Green fumbles away victory
@Falcons W Green big day yet ESPN says Favre beats Vick
MN W Several Vikings ejected
@Eagles L emotion used up last week
@Bears W Nall runs up score
Detroit W lucky w/Thomas INT last drive
@Ravens W Nation talks of Nall; blow out
Seahawks L Hungry Seahawks make playoffs

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry Cheez - The Packers and a rejuvenated Brett Favre take ol' Big Ben to task and it's back to school time for the new Rookie wannabe!

Packers win huge - Steelers go down, my friend! I'll be there!
I'd like to think that this year we get the Lambeau mystique back - but we'll see!

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the prediction Cheez - I don't think I'm as optimistic but I'll go with it nonetheless. 11-5 may be a reach for this team but it sounds awful nice! :D

OP
OP
A

ameuret

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah it does. I would love for us to go 11 and 5. But a lot of people have said somthing about our defense being better because of a new coordinator, but even so our defense is going to suck, our secondary is going to be terribile unless Carol steps it up. ( Well on second thought it might be better, Sharper wasn't too good.

Members online

No members online now.