How many comp picks will we get?

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two this year? Tramon and House?

I'm guessing either two 4ths or two 5ths or a combination of the two.

Reaction score
From my understanding it goes off of playing time and performance?? I'm not 100% sure but with that if that is the way it is based off of then I think it would be at least one of each 4th and 5th they both played I want to say the whole season and house was pretty decent from what I saw especially at that position

D

Deleted member 6794

Two this year? Tramon and House?

I'm guessing either two 4ths or two 5ths or a combination of the two.

I´ll guess the Packers will get two fourth round picks for losing Williams and House.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If one of those picks is a 5th, may the Packers PLEASE use it on a Punter, or at least a 6th round. Yes, a punter and probably the top punter coming out of college. I am tired of Masthay and his ability to lose us valuable field position. I doubt it will happen and TT will bring in some undrafted punters to compete, but I don't want another season of crappy punting. If you look at the history of the Packers 5th and 6th round picks, they are usually players that more then not, don't amount to much.

D

Deleted member 6794

If one of those picks is a 5th, may the Packers PLEASE use it on a Punter, or at least a 6th round. Yes, a punter and probably the top punter coming out of college. I am tired of Masthay and his ability to lose us valuable field position. I doubt it will happen and TT will bring in some undrafted punters to compete, but I don't want another season of crappy punting. If you look at the history of the Packers 5th and 6th round picks, they are usually players that more then not, don't amount to much.

I agree that I would be fine with the Packers replacing Masthay but not sure the team has to spend a draft pick to do it.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that I would be fine with the Packers replacing Masthay but not sure the team has to spend a draft pick to do it.

I agree. Lots of great punters go undrafted. Or heck, look for one in FA. You can get a good punter on the cheap.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. Lots of great punters go undrafted. Or heck, look for one in FA. You can get a good punter on the cheap.

Agree. Have asked the question before, but why aren't there 32 good punters? Looks like a very mechanical process that can be worked on easily, is not much dependent on the other players, doesn't normally involve contact or even much presence, and pays extremely well compared to real life

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yes, I may have to recant my position of drafting a punter LOL :oops:

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2013/2/21/4012156/nfl-draft-punters

However, and I haven't really looked at college punters, but if THAT guy is sitting there in the 6th round, I would much rather use that pick on him, to assure that he is a Packer, then some guy (other then a punter) who doesn't make the team or rides the PS for years.

Bottom line, I'm done with Masthay and I hope the Packers are as well.

Last edited:

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree. Have asked the question before, but why aren't there 32 good punters? Looks like a very mechanical process that can be worked on easily, is not much dependent on the other players, doesn't normally involve contact or even much presence, and pays extremely well compared to real life
Mechanical or not it's still a talent. You could say the same thing asking why there aren't 32 good place kickers

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mechanical or not it's still a talent. You could say the same thing asking why there aren't 32 good place kickers

Certainly a point, but (1) PKs are more dependent on other players and (2) nobody was talking about drafting a kicker.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I may have to recant my position of drafting a punter LOL :oops:

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2013/2/21/4012156/nfl-draft-punters

However, and I haven't really looked at college punters, but if THAT guy is sitting there in the 6th round, I would much rather use that pick on him, to assure that he is a Packer, then some guy (other then a punter) who doesn't make the team or rides the PS for years.

Bottom line, I'm done with Masthay and I hope the Packers are as well.
Agree with you on this. Upon deeper examination though, in the article the top 5 punters each year are predominantly warm weather / dome kickers. Still can't have 35 yard shanks in a dome like Masthay has done.

Members online

Latest posts