1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

How many comp picks will we get?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Vrill, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +828
    Two this year? Tramon and House?

I'm guessing either two 4ths or two 5ths or a combination of the two.

2. ChesterfieldCheesehead

ChesterfieldCheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12
    From my understanding it goes off of playing time and performance?? I'm not 100% sure but with that if that is the way it is based off of then I think it would be at least one of each 4th and 5th they both played I want to say the whole season and house was pretty decent from what I saw especially at that position

3. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,597
    I´ll guess the Packers will get two fourth round picks for losing Williams and House.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Ratings:
    +2,895
    If one of those picks is a 5th, may the Packers PLEASE use it on a Punter, or at least a 6th round. Yes, a punter and probably the top punter coming out of college. I am tired of Masthay and his ability to lose us valuable field position. I doubt it will happen and TT will bring in some undrafted punters to compete, but I don't want another season of crappy punting. If you look at the history of the Packers 5th and 6th round picks, they are usually players that more then not, don't amount to much.

5. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,597
    I agree that I would be fine with the Packers replacing Masthay but not sure the team has to spend a draft pick to do it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +828
    I agree. Lots of great punters go undrafted. Or heck, look for one in FA. You can get a good punter on the cheap.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Half Empty

Half Empty Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +661
    Agree. Have asked the question before, but why aren't there 32 good punters? Looks like a very mechanical process that can be worked on easily, is not much dependent on the other players, doesn't normally involve contact or even much presence, and pays extremely well compared to real life

8. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Ratings:
    +2,895
    Yes, I may have to recant my position of drafting a punter LOL :oops:

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2013/2/21/4012156/nfl-draft-punters

However, and I haven't really looked at college punters, but if THAT guy is sitting there in the 6th round, I would much rather use that pick on him, to assure that he is a Packer, then some guy (other then a punter) who doesn't make the team or rides the PS for years.

Bottom line, I'm done with Masthay and I hope the Packers are as well.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. PikeBadger

PikeBadger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +453
    I believe the contracts they signed and their playing time warrant two 4th round picks.

10. RRyder

RRyder Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +505
    Mechanical or not it's still a talent. You could say the same thing asking why there aren't 32 good place kickers

11. Half Empty

Half Empty Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +661
    Certainly a point, but (1) PKs are more dependent on other players and (2) nobody was talking about drafting a kicker.

12. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,626
    Agree with you on this. Upon deeper examination though, in the article the top 5 punters each year are predominantly warm weather / dome kickers. Still can't have 35 yard shanks in a dome like Masthay has done.

• Agree Agree x 1