How long will it take you to get over this loss?

How long will it take you to get over this?

• I already am

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • A few days and I'll be fine

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Once the Super Bowl is done and we get a little into the offseason

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Not until next season

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • I won't until they redeem themselves with a Super Bowl win

Votes: 12 27.3%

• Total voters

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I had a rough weekend and the game was deflating. Though today my coworkers and I had a discussion that the Packers could of pulled it off then blown it in the super bowl and that would of been worse, and with how this offseason's events are going, I'd believe it. Though I remember the last conference championship the Packers lost, gas was at under $2 then and I drove and saw my girlfriend (now wife) in Cincinnati super bowl weekend and thought kind of glad I requested the weekend off a month in advance.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm over it. I'm a huge Packers fan. And it gutted me. Bad. For about half a day, which is much longer than it should've. Football is supposed to be entertainment, entertainment is supposed to be enjoyable, and I've worked hard to get my priorities straight.

I don't understand people who measure how much of a fan they are by how much of their life they waste mourning the past season.

D

Dan115

I guess I have wasted much of my life. I am now turning my attention to young sex here in Thailand.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At games end I was disappointed, but being a bit older I don't let such things control me. I have enjoyed the good and the bad with the Packers. Too young to appreciate the mid 60's glory and by the time I was old enough to be able to, it was the late 60's. St. Vincent was gone. So were most of the greats that had played for him.

So I suffered mostly through the 70's. Brockington and Lane gave me joy, as did Lofton once we drafted him. We had the mad Stork for a year and what a beast he was. There were a few other moments of glory for other players, but by and large it was a bleak decade. I never missed watching or listening to a game.

The 80's started out just as bad. Some great players stuck in football purgatory. Once we had the Majic man things started looking up... until he was hurt. But that all just ushered in the 90's. The beginning of another period of Packer lore. Since then it has mostly been enjoyable. A couple of SB wins, many playoff appearances ( none of our rivals come close) and a few Hall of Fame players.

I can be content to know that it looks like for the rest of the foreseeable future I will enjoy many more winning seasons, playoffs and even some more SB appearances. And when we come up short, I will be disappointed. But I will do like I always have done. Look forward to the offseason. Watch the draft. Wait impatiently until the preseason starts. And then enjoy the entire season of games.

Friends and family passing devastates me. It happens a lot more now. Packers competitive football provides me with great entertainment and enjoyment. That also happens a lot more now. When it is my turn to join St. Vincent, I will simply thank him for turning me onto something that has lasted longer than anything else in my life.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GoPGo; I'm debating whether to read the book- Kyle's autobiography- or see the movie. I'm leaning towards book first.
Book is more conversational in presentation. Movie is more dramatic. Both are great.

Sky King

Reaction score
I'm over the loss but still have a lot of curiosity about how the game came to be lost, and also how the loss will impact relationships amongst coach to coach, player to coach, GM to everyone else, etc. You know they're all trying to sort this out themselves. Accountability goes with the territory on all levels of the Packer organization same as it does just about everywhere else.

It's such a rare opportunity and some, not all, let it slip through their fingers in such bizarre fashion. Human nature tells you that those who truly gave their best and held up their end of the bargain all game cannot be too pleased with those who did not. How that affects the future of certain people within the organization will be interesting to see. Nobody will want to see this astounding fiasco repeated. What personnel moves will be made to prevent that: none, some, few? We'll see.

Bignutz

I'm a victim of coicumstances!
Reaction score
Im over it although I don't get all this thought that the Pats would have beaten us in the SB. I think we would have beaten them easily. SIGH just dreams now.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do think that any of the what, 4,5,6 mistakes in and of themselves could have been overcome, but how did we do all of them in the same darn game. And I think that the winner of this game will win the SB. However, now I will just relax and watch RW guide the Seahawks to the win. Go Badgers!!!