How Green Bay can find the weakness in Pittsburgh

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Before you listen to the constant media on ESPN with their dying love for Pittsburgh (as they seem to go back and forth on the bandwagon when this team wins 10 or more games) I will voice my thoughts on how the Packers can truly beat the Steelers.

Note that my thoughts are opinions; I speak with an open mind. We truly don't know what's what until we see what is what on the field of the Super Bowl.

Pitt Offense vs GB Defense

The Steelers offense looks sluggish if you ask me. When they are playing a worthy opponent with a good defense they tend to go off on slow starts as we seen in the playoffs this season.

From watching them play New Orleans and New England I noticed how slow their offense truly could get off to. New Orleans was a defensive show due to the fact the Saints also got off to slow starts this season. The Patriots on the other hand had them shut completely down until the 4th Quarter, but by then the game was already over, it didn't matter how many points the Steelers put on the board.

Going into the playoffs, we see the same thing. Baltimore was punishing their *****, the Jets did too (shutting them down the whole 2nd half of the AFC Championship) but unlike the 2 games from the regular season i used, I believe the Ravens gave the game to them, as the Jets did too in the first half.

Remember; Pittsburgh scored first in the Baltimore game before shutting down and having to come all the way back. Had Joe Flacco had more experience in the pocket, I don't think he would have threw the ball to the other team and helped the Steelers come back. The Jets played a hell of a 2nd half, but still not enough to make up for totally pissing around the 1st half of that ball game.

In the Jets game, Big Ben was OUT PLAYED by Mark Sanchez! Sanchez! A quarterback that completes 50% of his passes at best! and the kid out played Roethlisberger!
Of course Ben out played Joe Flacco whom seems to be Mr. "I have no pocket awareness" when Flacco is playing with pressure

Big Ben is the least of my worries. The Steelers main focus in the running game. Go back to these games where they could do nothing on slow starts, teams were shutting down Mendenhall. They were shutting down their running game, thus locking up their entire offense for time.

With Green Bay's fast starts in the last few games, I see the Pack jumping a big lead and the Steelers slowly trying to come back but can never cross the huge gap they create. GB can shut down their running game, look at what they did to Michael Turner. There is no way Roethisberger is going to not throw interceptions in this game. When up against tough defenses, he is known to screw up, and he is due. He can move around, but our defense is better than last year, better than all of our past defenses in the last 10 years, we CAN stop him, and WILL do it.

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another thing to keep in mind, we need to put Troy in the backfield and spread the receivers. It really limits what he does as a safety and as a pass rusher.

Reaction score
My wife is a diehard Steeler fan and I watch every game with her. The way for us to beat them is to use hot reads and attack the middle of the field. If Arod throws it quick and hits where they are weak he'll pick them apart. Their conerbacks are trash when compared to ours. MY worries is Harrison and Woodley. If we keep them in check and hit the open middle passes it will kill them. Our D's concerns need to be Stop Mendenhall, Contain Big Ben and don't let Wallace burn us. If we jump up 14 to nothing tho it will take Mendenhall just about out the game and help us focus on containing Ben.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
If we jump to 14 to 0, their backs will be up against the wall, and I believe then you would see a 4 wide, 5 wide shot gun set on their offense, as they tend to do. I just want to win. I think down on paper we are the better team, if we win the Super Bowl against the Steelers I could not find a better opponent I would want to beat. Hate them, have hated them for years.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts