Kampman
Hawk
Barnett
Orakpo

Dlime
Jenkins
Pickett
????
I don't know who would be our last de but that lineup looks pretty solid to me. Does anyone know why some mocks have the pack getting brown at 9. He's not as tall, big, or strong as orakpo and he's a bit slower also, and I don't feel he's as good either. Anyone want to elaborate

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brown is as tall as orakpo, weaker, but way more agile and faster, which for a linebacker is better. I question their ability to transition to Linebacker though, cause playing standind and covering is very different than playing with your hands down. I do not question Kampman's ability, because Kampman isn't a pure instinct guy, he's a very smart player, which I don't know if Brown or Orakpo are, specially Orakpo, saw A LOT of overruns from him... But you're right, he's a freak...

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackersRS said:
Brown is as tall as orakpo, weaker, but way more agile and faster, which for a linebacker is better. I question their ability to transition to Linebacker though, cause playing standind and covering is very different than playing with your hands down. I do not question Kampman's ability, because Kampman isn't a pure instinct guy, he's a very smart player, which I don't know if Brown or Orakpo are, specially Orakpo, saw A LOT of overruns from him... But you're right, he's a freak...
orakpo is actually a good 2 inches taller and ran faster times in 40 20 and 10 yard dash in the unoffical times.. he may overrun some plays but nothing a little good coaching could do.. but he is definately a freak and has a lot more potential than brown.. looking at that list of our front seven i see solid team with the right opposite de

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dunno about unofficial times. What I do know is that about potential you can't say that... Brown is actually younger. Seeing both in action, I choose Brown over Orakpo in a glimpse. BUT he comes from FSU, and that's a scary ****... But I agree, that front sevent is really good, with our great secondary, our great offense... We would need one Talented OR one experienced guy at DE and a good backup NT, and, OF COURSE, Special Teams...

pacman5252

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least to me, I wouldn't mind if we went for Maybin. He is by far the quickest out of all the rush-backer prospects. You can always add strength, but you can't teach his first step

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is TT even looking at Igor? I have to wonder why SD would let a young D lineman like that walk. Is he a problem in the lockerroom? Or is he no longer a good fit in SD? Anybody know?

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think igor would be a nice fit there but we are talking about tt.. if he cost more than a couple hundred dollars then its not worth it because TT would think he's getting overpaid

Reaction score
with are free agency lack bility i like us pick orkapo now i thought maybe if we would of got us a solid player in d l ine or linebackers we could of used are 1st round on some of are ageing spots the tackle position cornerbacks. but now i believe its necessary to get a defensive position. i would take orkapo unless we trade down because we need depth in our roster

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts