How does the Tie affect Playoff Hopes?

Reaction score
If we win Thursday, we will be 1st in the division. We have the Lions, Falcons, Cowboys, Steelers, and the Bears to end the season. If Rodgers comes back for the Falcons game, we could be in control of our own destiny.

What are some scenarios that you have for the Packers to make the playoffs? What if the Packers lose against the Lions? The Bears?

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
If we win Thursday, we will be 1st in the division. We have the Lions, Falcons, Cowboys, Steelers, and the Bears to end the season. If Rodgers comes back for the Falcons game, we could be in control of our own destiny.

What are some scenarios that you have for the Packers to make the playoffs? What if the Packers lose against the Lions? The Bears?

The Bears could keep losing. They lost to the Rams. I dont know when Cutler is coming back. If he does is he 100%

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really hope we win Thursday but given today's performance that will be much easier wished for than accomplished. Many issues to correct in three days. Trying to stay optimistic, we will see.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing that makes it matter is that it was not a loss in the division. We need to start winning but if we beat both the Lions and Bears, we would have the best division record of all teams giving us any tiebreaker advantage.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The important thing, IMO, is that with today's DET and CHI losses, this game was no longer a "must-win."

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It means I can spend more time relaxing and less time trying to figure out complicated tie breaker scenarios because none of them matter now.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing that makes it matter is that it was not a loss in the division. We need to start winning but if we beat both the Lions and Bears, we would have the best division record of all teams giving us any tiebreaker advantage.
As long as we have the same amount of wins we will win any tiebreaker over anyone because we will have 1 less loss. Unless some other team gets a tie of course.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The tie takes tie-breakers out of the equation. Unless the Bears and/or Lions tie, the Packers can either win or lose the division because of the tie. No need to worry about all three teams finishing 9-7 and the division coming down to head-to-head and division wins.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is not necessarily directed at you -- but I don't understand why people are still throwing out division record, conference record, head to head, etc. etc. None of it makes an ounce of difference anymore. Beating the Lions and Bears is only of more importance than any other game because it would also be a loss for one of the 2 teams we are chasing.

We have a tie on our record. No one else in our division is going to have one. If it comes down to the last week, we're either going to finish half a game better or worse than anyone else, we aren't tying anyone record-wise so there's no tie to break.

10-5-1 is worse than 11-5 but better than 10-6. 9-6-1 is worse than 10-6 but better than 9-7. Simple.

H

HardRightEdge

We're 1.5 games out of the second wild card behind streaking AZ at 7-4. Palmer has thrown only 2 INTs during the current 4 game winning streak...that's the way it works when you have a good defense. If the 49er's hold on for the win tonight, they'll be at 7-4 as well.

Passing two 7-4 teams would make the job twice as difficult, especially since they play each other once more.

That leaves the division.

I'll say beating Detroit is about as close to a must as you want to get. There's no point in looking past that.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is not necessarily directed at you -- but I don't understand why people are still throwing out division record, conference record, head to head, etc. etc. None of it makes an ounce of difference anymore. Beating the Lions and Bears is only of more importance than any other game because it would also be a loss for one of the 2 teams we are chasing.

We have a tie on our record. No one else in our division is going to have one. If it comes down to the last week, we're either going to finish half a game better or worse than anyone else, we aren't tying anyone record-wise so there's no tie to break.

10-5-1 is worse than 11-5 but better than 10-6. 9-6-1 is worse than 10-6 but better than 9-7. Simple.

You're right, I was space braining this

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
The Bears could keep losing. They lost to the Rams. I dont know when Cutler is coming back. If he does is he 100%

ESPN said last night that Cuntler "may" not be back for the remainder of the season. Does not really matter, his back up is playing better than he did.

Members online

Latest posts