How does the "O" - Line Feel about Aaron?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When did Rodgers call them out? I'm not saying it didn't happen, but link it up for me!

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
tromadz said:
When did Rodgers call them out? I'm not saying it didn't happen, but link it up for me!

I think he's talking about the Patriots game when Favre got hurt the season before last. Aaron said something like the offensive line gave up on him or something like that.

Someone care to clarify?

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would they think anything other than he's the man???

Exactly. If they are not going to try their best then what are they doing in the NFL? There is no one on that line that is a lock for the HOF so there is no way they can coast not put forth their best effort and still expect to make the team/be a starter.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackOne said:
tromadz said:

I think he's talking about the Patriots game when Favre got hurt the season before last. Aaron said something like the offensive line gave up on him or something like that.

I very much do not recall this. Any link would be appreciated.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
DoddPower said:
PackOne said:
tromadz said:

Yeah, I just vaguely remember hearing something about it. I'm a little too lazy to search out a link for this story, I'm sure someone else knows exactly what I'm talking about and can find something. It was just something to the effect of him saying that the O-Line wasn't playing up to their potential or not giving 100% in the Patriots game when he broke his foot.

I don't think it was really a bit deal, but it did happen.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I searched packers.com for any old audio clips or quotes from Rodgers after that game but couldn't find anything. I remember he didn't talk to the media after the game. But he did talk to them sometime that week.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't see them NOT giving their all. If they don't, they will be out of a job QUICK.
If there IS any problem between A-Rod and the o-line, you can bet it will be ironed out WAY before the season starts.
It probably has been taken care of already i bet.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't see them NOT giving their all. If they don't, they will be out of a job QUICK.
If there IS any problem between A-Rod and the o-line, you can bet it will be ironed out WAY before the season starts.

Sure A Rod will buy them a couple steak dinners and they realize that he is now their meal ticket.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

Sure A Rod will buy them a couple steak dinners and they realize that he is now their meal ticket.
Yup!
If they don't do well with him behind center, they will be gone. So they know they better protect him, or they end up unemployed.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DoddPower said:
PackOne said:
tromadz said:

No link, but I remember it. He did go off on the OL for not giving him enough protection. If several of us remember the same thing....

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DoddPower said:
PackOne said:
tromadz said:

I don't think he actually said anything, but the body language was to that effect in the game. There were a bunch of exasperated shrugs and hands up in the air giving the impression that he was thinking "how can you expect me to play with this kind of protection." It was something that the media reported on after the game (reading into the body language). It may have been to actually get people to read the paper after getting creamed 35-0 at home though.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he actually said anything, but the body language was to that effect in the game. There were a bunch of exasperated shrugs and hands up in the air giving the impression that he was thinking "how can you expect me to play with this kind of protection." It was something that the media reported on after the game (reading into the body language). It may have been to actually get people to read the paper after getting creamed 35-0 at home though.

If I remember correctly, he did say something and yelled at them in the huddle.

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:

If I remember correctly, he did say something and yelled at them in the huddle.

He did yell at them in the huddle- I can not find anything on it though. It probably was blown out of proportion. I even remember some one here noted that they were not offering him a hand up when he was knocked down.

Anyhow... This poll is just fun-in as they say in North Carolina. I think the O Line is going to love the guy.

Mel Kiper was on Mike and Mike the other day talking about the Q.B.'s in this years draft. In that conversation he mentioned that Rodgers and Alex Smith were neck and neck in the draft and the fact that Rodgers fell back to the Packers was the best thing possible for the Packers. (Paraphrasing)

Latest posts